• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP170 & 171 - Bertha and Togekiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

So, I think that Torterra will lose to Hippowdon in DP170 and in DP171, Dawn should catch a Togekiss. Maybe someone like Zoey will appear?

bui

It suck that Torterra will also lose it first battle. Hope it gives a better fight than infernape did against Flint's infernape.

Skull-Kid

So, I think that Torterra will lose to Hippowdon in DP170 and in DP171, Dawn should catch a Togekiss. Maybe someone like Zoey will appear?

That would be interesting. Even better if Togekiss vs Zoey to test it's strength.

I wish Ash could beat at least one Elite 4 Pokemon because he's at the eight Gym and it worries me he still isn't nearly ready yet.

Torpoleon

That would be interesting. Even better if Togekiss vs Zoey to test it's strength.

I wish Ash could beat at least one Elite 4 Pokemon because he's at the eight Gym and it worries me he still isn't nearly ready yet.
Maybe at the Sinnoh League. Beating an Elite 4 Member right now does not seem right. Torterra is stronger than Grotle though who almost beat Palmer's Rhyperior because of Swallowing Energy Ball.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It suck that Torterra will also lose it first battle. Hope it gives a better fight than infernape did against Flint's infernape.

If it's the main battle between them I guess that Torterra will give a good battle. Against Flint Pikachu vs Infernape was the main battle, so here I'm sure the battle won't be so short as it was with Ash's Infernape vs Flint.

J-boogie200

The day Ash is ready to beat an Elite Four member I think is after he wins a League, and goes through some serious training.

Yay for these episodes! I'm so excited.

I can't wait, Togekiss sounds so epic!

LMAO if this is just an episode for Dawn to get inspired by getting a Togekiss for the future, that'll be a real April Fool's joke.

Togekiss aren't easy to come by though.

Can't wait for these two episodes.

Bertha appearing is so gonna rock, considering she's my favorite from the Elite Four Members in Sinnoh.

I hope we see a calm, cool, and collected personality. I also hope we get to see some of her others.

Quagsire could be epic! :)

rocky505

Frontier Brains are stronger than Elite 4 and Grotle came close with Rhyperior so Ash has a slim chance. Torterra has the advantage but hippowdon has ice fang( Maybe).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Quagsire could be epic! :)

Who most likely won't appear in this episode. Hopefully in Bertha's fight with Cynthia it will get a cameo.

Frontier Brains are stronger than Elite 4 and Grotle came close with Rhyperior so Ash has a slim chance. Torterra has the advantage but hippowdon has ice fang( Maybe).

1-In games yes, in animé, no.
2-Hippowdon has the power of plot's repetitiveness.
I'm still hoping that Dawn's Togekiss will be the evil one, a dancing, powerful one doens't appeal to me. I know it is quite unlikely but still!

Last edited:

J-boogie200

I hope that Buneary and Togekiss get to take on Zoey in the Grand Festival.

Ice Beam could do a number on Leafeon, while Togekiss being part flying could do a number on Gallade(assuming she gets one)

Because Buneary barley got any epic wins, taking down Zoey's Pokemon(along with Togekiss) equals some serious battle points.

rocky505

1-In games yes, in animé, no.
2-Hippowdon has the power of plot's repetitiveness.
I'm still hoping that Dawn's Togekiss will be the evil one, a dancing, powerful one doens't appeal to me. I know it is quite unlikely but still!
How do you know their not stronger. There is no proof the Elite 4 are stronger than the brains in the anime.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
How do you know their not stronger. There is no proof the Elite 4 are stronger than the brains in the anime.

Because Ash beat all the frontier brains but lost to the all the E4 members until now. Maybe Brandon can be an E4 member but since Ash defeated him (and he released his Regis) he can't.

TheNewGuy

Great to see Bertha and Hippowdon appearing, but does anyone else think their battle might be a bit rubbish? Neither of them are the fastest movers, it sounds to me like there'll be a lot of Rock Climb abuse. Or long range attacks like Energy Ball and Leaf Storm.

Hmm. Nice to finally see Togekiss as well!

J-boogie200

Ash vs Agatha = Epic Fail

Ash vs Lorelei = Epic Fail

Ash vs Drak = Epic Fail

Ash vs Greta = Big win

Ash vs Noland = Big win

rocky505

Well Ash hasn't used any of his Sinnoh pokemon except Torterra against a brain (and he lost). Ash always used his oaked and stronger Pokemon in all the facilities except the battle dome. I bet Bertha's Hippowdon will be gray since it is in the games.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Bertha is appearing and Torterra is fighting her? Awesome! I can't wait to see Torterra in action, even though I no longer think Ash will battle the Elite four this should be good for Torterra. Togekiss being caught as Togekiss does not surprise me as I thought it would be caught like it is or just be a super rushed evolution. It's obvious Dawn's version of Snorlax rather then Glalie now, but to capture a fully evolved powerhous like Togekiss especially for a kid like Dawn, It's never been done before has it?

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Great to see Bertha and Hippowdon appearing, but does anyone else think their battle might be a bit rubbish? Neither of them are the fastest movers, it sounds to me like there'll be a lot of Rock Climb abuse. Or long range attacks like Energy Ball and Leaf Storm.

Hmm. Nice to finally see Togekiss as well!

I can see Torterra pushing Hippowdon towards the sky with Rock Climb (like vs. Plamer), but then while its charging in for the tackle, Hippowdon uses Sand Tomb, causing a rock slide like event down onto Torterra, or even Hippowdon completely smashing the Rock Climb mountain with Earthquake then falling down onto Torterra with Ice Fang or Double Edge.

Dax

Legend
I love Torterra but the Togekiss episode interests me much more. Bring on Dawn's new capture!

Blaziryu

It seems to me that the writers are letting Ash meet the Sinnoh Elite 4 so that he won't reach them in the PKMN league.

Status
Not open for further replies.