• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP178 - Nyarth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bling King

Doesn't post often
The 4th KIRA said:
For him to decide to leave "out of the blue" just because he meets a cute babe seems rash.

You do realize that him learning how to talk after meeting a girl for three seconds was rash, right? While there's no way that TR will ever disband or leave the show, you're not using the right argument.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Another one of these stupid episodes? Really getting tired of these Team Rocket "break-up" episodes. For once I wish it was for real. Which I'm hoping it is. Its about time Team Rocket left the series. All they do now is get in the way of stuff that actually matters.

HoennMaster

Most people are forgetting Sinnoh is the size of AG which had 2 regions.So if there does happen to be similar episodes or another TR break up so what?

The length of a region has nothing to do with how many break-up episodes there are. The last one was just 61 episodes before this. There are more things they can do with Team Rocket other then having them break-up every so often.

I thought Meowth couldn't learn moves anymore, because he chose to learn to talk instead.

That's just Pay Day.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
I'm inclined to agree now i love TR and all but we have already had their break up episode this time around

I'm sure they could've done an episode which resolves around their pokemon or something and maybe seeing one leave or learn move at least that would be better than this

I'm hoping Meowsie returns but i'm very sceptical. Jessiebell and Growlie returned for James however who influenced James' life and Meowsie definitely influenced Meowth;s so maybe she will return

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Another one of these stupid episodes? Really getting tired of these Team Rocket "break-up" episodes. For once I wish it was for real. Which I'm hoping it is. Its about time Team Rocket left the series. All they do now is get in the way of stuff that actually matters.

I hope you are wrong and they will not leave. They're still pretty important to the series. If they leave, with Brock later, there no longer remain people (in every episode in the journey) who were at the beginning of the series except from Ash. In my opinion there is no chance that they will really leave, because they are having a big part of almost every episode. Sometimes just a battle with them at the end of an episode equal at least 5 minutes or more, I can not believe they would leave. The only thing that can happen here is maybe if Meowth learns a new move or Jessie's decision for her contests future.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I honestly believe that the writers have somehow gotten themselves stuck in on big spiral, or a rotating circle, that makes them rewrite episodes which have already happened this saga. One Team Rocket break-up episode is fine, but TWO? Like what the hell? Is that the only way they can do an episode about the trio? I mean, fine, there are heaps of Piplup ones, but someone good sometimes comes from them, with the TR break/up->not break/up ones, it gets repetitive! Almost as if I call them Fillers!

kemal07

Maybe the titles tricking us, do you think it means Team Rocket breakup as in the big organization??

BM14murph

Master Collector
Personally i'm hoping Ash and the gang get virtually no screentime

This episode should be solely about TR especially right after the GF

Seeing as the GF is literally just over and with Dawn the possible winner the following episode should either be purely dedicated to her and the celebration or they take a small break and have them not appear at all

I doubt it means the entire organisation although they really should. It would be funny if the Trio didn't hear about it and kept on acting as they were for years to come

PinkPantsMan

Meowth quiting Team Rocket would mean the end of Team Rocket going for Pikachu and being evil. He always convinces Jessie and James with his boss fantasies and amazing and weird plans. Not like Team Rocket doesn't survive, but Meowth is one 3 essential parts of Team Rocket as we know them best.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Another one of these stupid episodes?
You know, I keep seeing these statements, and I disagree for one key reason - the previous two TR split-up episodes were both pretty darn good. If they sucked, then I'd hop on the bandwagon for sure. But Meowth episodes in particular have a darn good track record, so while neither Meowth falling in love nor TR splitting are original ideas, they haven't led us astray yet.

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
This won't happen, no way. After all TR does the download promotion in the trailers.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This will, most likely, be unoriginal. I want to see a twerps break-up episode, for once.

I don't think it's unoriginal to have an episode focusing on Meowth finding love. It doesn't happen too often. I think they'd have to recycle plots every once in a while anyway. This could very well be the episode where Meowth masters a new move, so it wouldn't be too unoriginal to have Meowth use a new move, would it?

I think Team Rocket may be the only group with personal issues so it's easy to picture them splitting up if even for one episode. I don't think it would work well with Ash's group since they're practically saints.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
This will, most likely, be unoriginal. I want to see a twerps break-up episode, for once.

I completely disagree - the Team Rocket episodes are always different from one another and they are extremely great episodes filler or not.

There will be a "twerps break-up episode" at the end of the series...

Maybe the titles tricking us, do you think it means Team Rocket breakup as in the big organization??

No.

You know, I keep seeing these statements, and I disagree for one key reason - the previous two TR split-up episodes were both pretty darn good. If they sucked, then I'd hop on the bandwagon for sure. But Meowth episodes in particular have a darn good track record, so while neither Meowth falling in love nor TR splitting are original ideas, they haven't led us astray yet.

Agreed.

MimiSkitty

Who knows... Maybe there's a second Episode like that because it's SERIOUS this time....o_O;

But...god, that's so hard to imagine... It really is....

But it would be a big surprise..... Really would... However, I love Meowth so much, I'd cry....

BM14murph

Master Collector
Well actually on second thoughts now it's a bit original as it's not really TR splitting much as just Meowth leaving....which i know it isn't the same without him blah blah blah

My point is the other break up episode involved all 3 of them going a seperate route for a short while this just looks like Meowth possible leaving

As i said before though he won't as he's in the manga for the 13th movie as part of it's summary has already been revealed

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I don't think it's unoriginal to have an episode focusing on Meowth finding love. It doesn't happen too often. I think they'd have to recycle plots every once in a while anyway. This could very well be the episode where Meowth masters a new move, so it wouldn't be too unoriginal to have Meowth use a new move, would it?

I think Team Rocket may be the only group with personal issues so it's easy to picture them splitting up if even for one episode. I don't think it would work well with Ash's group since they're practically saints.
Everything could be set by a careful scenario. For instance:Ash's stubbornness costs the whole group dearly a few times, and they all begin quarreling. Add a loss or two to TR due to lack of unity, and you've got an original situation. TR won't break up, not even under pressure. How would the twerps fare?

BM14murph

Master Collector
TR will only split up when the show is finally ending and i know alot of us think it might this time around but it's way to early for them to split up

The series won't be ending until probably September/October and if it is to end altogether then that's when they'll split them up the very last episode not 5 or so months before it ends

Meowth isn't leaving i can guarantee you that

ijea4444

The length of a region has nothing to do with how many break-up episodes there are. The last one was just 61 episodes before this. There are more things they can do with Team Rocket other then having them break-up every so often.

There most certainly is a correlation. Break-up episodes are done for two reasons. 1. Because it reminds the fan-base that TR are a permanant part of the cast(like the pikachu not evolving episodes) and 2. Because it gives them more character development in show where majority of the character development is spent on ash and co. Should break up episodes not occur regularly the viewers will forget. It is good to remind the viewers once a saga(anymore or the viewers start complaining)but since Sinnoh is the size of 2 sagas its ok to put 2 break-up episodes because the time passed since the last break up episode is far enough to be considered a saga ago.

BlueVapor

...I don't see why having, essentially, the same episode twice in one saga is okay... Even if the saga is the length of all of AG, which was two sagas. The writers should be able to come up with some other filler episode ideas for TR other than break up episodes, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.