• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP185 - Trick Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowkingsley

From Monthly TV Guide

「恐怖のトリックルーム!サトシ対コウヘイ」

22nd July
DP185 - Trick Room of Terror! Ash vs Conway!!

The title is listed as tentative, so it may possibly change. It should also be noted that there is to be a break the following week on the 29th because of a Naruto special.

Summary
Ash's third round battle has started. Ash's Gible and Conway's Shuckle are the first chosen. Ash who tries to win using members who have have speed, overwhelms Conway at the beginning. However, Conway changes the flow of the battle when he sends out Dusknoir, who knows the move "Trick Room".

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Conway's up to using some strategical tactics; Either him or the LT.

Kazuki Mirai

ANOTHER break? You gotta be kidding me... If there's another break after that, I'm going to bet that the Sinnoh League is doomed to be rushed like Hoenn League. >_<

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think the league is going to be very strange... They probably don't have enough battles so they're just making a break? ..

I think it is Conway is the one after this Trick Room strategy. He might have thought that Ash mostly uses sweepers so Trick room will put the battle in his advantage. So I think at last Torterra or Snorlax are going to get some screen time. I want to see a super fast Torterra under Trick Room effect.
And yes Muk too.

Last edited:

Waterpokes

I almost believed this would be a filler!

If Coway is making use of the Trick Room strategy, it's something new.
He has a Slowking, Aggron and a Heracross. Two very slow Pokemon, and that makes sense.

Major advantage for Conway, major disadvantage for Ash. Torterra and Snorlax ain't slow at all, and neither is Torkoal. The only Pokemon that is kinda slow, is Muk. Even though using Muk against Conway, with this team, is terrible considering Aggron resists Poisen and Psychic is good against Poison.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This is actually might be Conway's battle vs Ash since Slowking might know this move, Trick Room. This is better be Conway's Slowking. I think this battle is the continue of the third round of Barry vs Paul, because the second round is in DP183 or 184. Hope for 6 vs 6 but I doube.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Come on, another break? There's no more time left until the end of DP and they still want a break. The writers are messing up this league. Anyway, Ash vs Conway, I bet Conway gonna be using his Slowking in this match.

No. 1 Machop Fan

It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the Anime will handle Trick Room. I'm looking forward to it, even if Infernape does appear (which I get the feeling it will)!

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I must agree with everone else, the first thing I thought of was Conway when I saw the title thread. Also, wasn't it stated in the Paul Vs Barry thread that Ash faces Conway while those two square off?

I could see Ash using Infernape; then Trick Room activates, and it goes super slow. Ash then uses some common sense and sends out Torterra. It could be a good battle.

Also, a break sucks, I don't want to wait 2 weeks :O

Adz

Poke Knight
This is actually might be Conway's battle vs Ash since Slowking might know this move, Trick Room. This is better be Conway's Slowking. I think this battle is the continue of the third round of Barry vs Paul, because the second round is in DP183 or 184. Hope for 6 vs 6 but I doube.

Ok, so I think you contradict yourself a lot here by sayin you think it's conway Vs Ash and that it better be Conway's Slowking and then going on to say it's the Paul V Barry battle?? !

I'm going to agree with the former that Conway being the absolute nerdy genius he is has devised this strategy to counter Ash's speedy strategy! Ash's pokemon are known to be speedy, Turtwig used speed to it's advantage numerous times and even upon evolving it has lost a lot of speed but still in the Bertha battle we saw it still has some speedy footwork! as have Pikachu, Staraptor, Infernape, and Buizel. Gible not so much!! But still Ash does utilise speed and "quick attacks" a lot so Conway rrally has figured Ash out here which could make for quite an interesting battle....which also means that Nando, Barry AND Conway have all been eliminated within two episodes! :S So all that remains is this elusive "legendary" trainer and Paul which could be the same person! Who knows!!! But it looks like as the reports said, the Paul Vs Ash battle WILL be the highlight of the league and probably be a two parter 6 on 6 battle, as we are getting through this league at a rather fast pace!

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Hmmm.....very interesting. Its pretty obvious this is good old Conway up to his old tricks. Slowking will own Pikachu and Infernape in Trick Room but Torterra will shine!

saar

Shiny Flygon
Yes... Conway is back. I Conway's team will be: Slowking, Aggron and Heracross. And Ashs team: Torterra, Quilava and Snorlax.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Yes! Trick Room seems like that sort of Conway-ish sort of thing. He's the kind of person that analyzes Ash's team to find the advantage.

Is this round a full battle or 3-on-3? Are we betting that Slowking has the move?

Hm funny really, we kinda know how Conway, Paul and Ash will be approaching their battles:

-Outsmarting the opponent through Analysis is what we all know Conway excels at, likely to use Status moves over Attack.
-Defense and Intimidation for Paul, plus fully evolved teams, as explained by Intimidation.
-Offense, speed and slight sense of strategy- Ash Ketchum, not the smartest kid out there, but we know he likes the his team to be agile, and Strategy has never been his forte, though a couple of times out of the blew he improvises.

I wonder how Ash will beat Conway...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
You guys are annoyign with the break i though you knew how it works...

As soon as i saw the title i said Conaway battle lol in my head atleast, its gonna be nice probably.

Animefan145

Hm, Trick Room, I didn't expect that attack to ever make it into the anime, wonder how they'll portray it. In the games having the slower Pokemon go first is one thing, but in the anime? But yeah, a strategy like this does sound almost exactly like something Conway would come up with, and most of Ash's rivals have already been mentioned elsewhere by now (Nando and Barry will be out by now, and its not Paul's style to use this kind of move).

Hm, if Ash has Snorlax, it'd be perfect for this kind of situation, but even just Torterra would work too. And its not like Ash can't strategize, he just usually comes up with crazy ideas at the right moment, although he can plan (counter shield for instance). Although perhaps being able to think up something in the spur of the moment might be even more important.

Too bad there'll be a break, but I do wonder how long the League will be with these breaks, and with how fast Ash will be going through his rivals. Not sure which I'd like better, a decent portrayal of Ash's league performance, or more episodes afterward to wrap up the Sinnoh Saga properly (saying bye and everyone and all that stuff.)

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Seems like Ash faces Conway in the Sinnoh League duel while Barry battling Paul. I wonder what kind of strategy that Ash's uses against Conway's defenses and some of the trick room of terror.

Torpoleon

Conway probably has some involvement in this episode, provided that the Episode Title does not change to something entirely different. I'm fine with the break for now, because of the reason. The break probably wasn't what the writers predicted, just so you guys know.

Waterpokes

You guys are annoyign with the break i though you knew how it works...

As soon as i saw the title i said Conaway battle lol in my head atleast, its gonna be nice probably.

It's not like this break is a big shocker. I've seen people talk about it, so why so surprised?

And since Conway is apperantly using a Trick Room strategy, Ash is gonna have hard time. He doesn't have slow Pokemon, except for maybe Muk. But if they are using the Johto method, where you have to register the Pokemon you are going to use, then I guess it's gonna be hard for Ash.

And I don't know about you, but Torterra, Snorlax and Torkoal are not slow, so they will probably have just as hard time as Infernape, Pikachu (If any of them are going to be used)

Status
Not open for further replies.