• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP185 - Trick Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wheeyy, Heracross is in for Ash's battle against the Darkrai trainer! Now all we need is Noctowl in there as well with its Insomnia ability and a couple of new attacks... and that would make my predictions entirely correct! :)

Dusknoir for Conway hey? Meh, this is something that i think most people predicted at some point. That makes it Shuckle, Dusknoir and probably Slowking going up against Gible and two others. I wonder who else Ash will use then... I can definitely see Muk being involved, then maybe Noctowl? or even an unshown Pokemon like Sceptile? (they did it with Heracross, so why not?).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It's strange that Ash will use Heracross again. And VS Darkrai? No wonder why Ash is going to lose so fast.

From a pokemon that even wasn't in the opening, Heracross became the star of the league.

Sigh, lets just say that if Heracross is even a bit of lower level then Darkrai, it could still OHKO that thing. Megahorn, Focus Punch, along with Sleep Talk will literally murder Darkrai in one hit.

Heracross <333

Such a god! Screw Infernape, Heracross is the star of the Sinnoh League.
I guess some of you were right after all. Sleep Talk makes perfect sense if it's gonna be used against Darkrai. Guess it wasn't just a random move learned for one battle purpose.

And giving Dusknoir some screentime! This should have been Dusknoir's anime debut, instead of that Summer School arc. They should portray Dusknoir as badass, not friendly. Even though friendly Dusknoir was kinda nice too, but this should have been his debut episode!

I really didn't expect anything less. Infernape is going to be in this league for Paul's entertainment. Heracross is getting sweet revenge for losing to it's personal upgraded walking feedingtray in the battle frontier..

Dusknoir appearing here is something I expected as well. I took the time to back the chance of it up by referencing how Conway was actually saved by that friendly Dusknoir. Maybe it's the same one. I don't think that this should've been it's debut. One episode more or less doesn't hurt. Just look at what happened to poor Magnezone and Gallade.. one episode each!

Wheeyy, Heracross is in for Ash's battle against the Darkrai trainer! Now all we need is Noctowl in there as well with its Insomnia ability and a couple of new attacks... and that would make my predictions entirely correct! :)

Dusknoir for Conway hey? Meh, this is something that i think most people predicted at some point. That makes it Shuckle, Dusknoir and probably Slowking going up against Gible and two others. I wonder who else Ash will use then... I can definitely see Muk being involved, then maybe Noctowl? or even an unshown Pokemon like Sceptile? (they did it with Heracross, so why not?).

Noctowl currently has psychic attacks and Peck.. so yeah, they better give it some more, but Ash is really thinking this through with Heracross being used as the counter to Darkrai. He really has a strong chance of defeating it now. I hope he thought of this strategy before losing some other members of his team during that battle. I mean if you know that you're opponent has one to go to pokemon, that's proven to be an adversary of high proportions, you better prepare for it when it comes, so I'm just hoping that when it gets sent out that Ash immediatly switches to Heracross.

LT sends out Darkrai.
Ash switches to Heracross.
Darkrai uses Dark Void and gets in close to Heracross.
Heracross should activate Guts here or after a while Swarm.
Heracross sucker punches Darkrai with a 'Sleep Talk Focus Punch'.
Darkrai falls to the floor heavily damaged.
Darkrai's ability Bad Dreams kicks in and starts to drain Heracross.
Darkrai uses Disable.
Heracross is in pain while asleep and can't use Sleep Talk.
Darkrai uses Dream Eater and heals enough to get up again.
Heracross is in more pain, and if Guts wasn't activated, he'll activate Swarm here and wakes up.
Darkrai uses Dark Void again but it misses because Swarm or Guts has rejuvinated Heracross' spirit.
Darkrai uses Dark Pulse.
Heracross gets in close and Megahorn's through a stream of Dark Pulse.

Dust clears... Heracross is knocked out.

Ash sends out Pikachu!

Pikachu uses Quick Attack!
Darkrai uses Double Team!
Quick Attack misses!
Pikachu uses Thunderbolt!
Darkrai uses Thunderbolt!
Both moves are ineffective!
Pikachu uses Iron Tail! It hits!
Darkrai uses Roar of Time! It hits!
Pikachu DIES!

BM14murph

Master Collector
Hmm Dusknoir ay...i wonder if he caught the one at the trainer school hmm

right so we have Shuckle and now Dusknoir confirmed do we know the 3rd pokemon yet?

Locormus

Hmm Dusknoir ay...i wonder if he caught the one at the trainer school hmm

Right so we have Shuckle and now Dusknoir confirmed do we know the 3rd pokemon yet?

Would it be weird to suggest Slowking? I doubt we'll see an entire different crew from Conway. Heracross would mean Heracross overkill in the league, so I doubt we'd be seeing him. Aggron, while possible was too briefly seen and since most kids connect Conway with Slowking, i'd assume the writers would want to familiarize him with the kids. So they would probably opt for the obvious choice of Slowking:

1. Slowking - His assumed lead, so I'm certain that the writers will choose him. I wonder who's gonna fights it.
2. Dusknoir - Lol at how Trick Room of Terror might be a reference to that other episode 'of Terror' with ghosts in it. Noctowl anybody?
3. Shuckle - the thing gets beaten by Gible ala Totodile, so sad...

ShinyChariZard, what's your reasoning behind Muk? I'm rather piqued.

Last edited:

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Slowking would make sense. I could see Conway leading with it, using Protect to create time for Trick Room, which seems like it would take awhile to set up in the anime, and setting up Light screen/Reflect for Shuckle, to further bolster its defenses.

I envision Trick Room being sort of a giant purple version of Light Screen, so perhaps Ash finds a way to break out of the Trick Room and attack what's within? I dunno.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
So Conway use Dusknoir in the third round. Ash better be careful because the Trick Room sounds so tricky.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
Everyone's saying that Conway uses his slowking ONLY because it appears to be his mascot and appeard in ONE of the tag batltles...theres NO proof yet, for all we know his Dusknoir's the one using trick room!!!!

however...I think Ash'll go with(random order):

Gible
knoctowl
torterra(Since all of(I know theres only been 1) Ash's battle so far have had a Sinnoh pokemon atleast....)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Everyone's saying that Conway uses his slowking ONLY because it appears to be his mascot and appeard in ONE of the tag batltles...theres NO proof yet, for all we know his Dusknoir's the one using trick room!!!!

Gible
knoctowl
torterra(Since all of(I know theres only been 1) Ash's battle so far have had a Sinnoh pokemon atleast....)

Then what is Gible?

Locormus

So Conway use Dusknoir in the third round. Ash better be careful because the Trick Room sounds so tricky.

Ash better be aware of Dusknoir being the evolved form of Dusclops.. you know.. The one single pokemon that Ash and Charizard noob'ed out against... If Ash dares to use Infernape against it.. grrr... well, we'll know what would happen...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ash better be aware of Dusknoir being the evolved form of Dusclops.. you know.. The one single pokemon that Ash and Charizard noob'ed out against... If Ash dares to use Infernape against it.. grrr... well, we'll know what would happen...

Well he already met a Dusknoir and the loss against Brandon's Dusclops was just a plot device/twist just to give Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Pikachu more screentime.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Ash better be aware of Dusknoir being the evolved form of Dusclops... If Ash dares to use Infernape against it.. grrr... well, we'll know what would happen...

Hmmm? Unless he spams Mach Punch, Infernape (espec the blazed up version) would turn Dusknoir inside out.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Hmmm anybody think that corphish could be used and then evolve so that Ash can have a type advantage over Dusknoir hmm?

ijea4444

Gible
knoctowl

What is a knoctowl?

As Tails_Sliat said, Gible is a part of the sinnoh team.

I think Dusknoir is the perfect target of Noctowl's signature foresight battle strategy.I'm really hoping Noctowl gets 1 1/2 wins in this battle. I know that Totodile may not get redeemed but we can at least hope that Noctowl can be put up closer to the class of Swellow/Staraptor.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
Then what is Gible?

My bad...:p I meant an experienced Sinnoh pokemon...youre right obviously Gilbe is Gen VI but was caught too late in the series with practically 0 battle experience so, i meant a Sinnoh pokemon NOT COUNTING GIBLE...

ijea4444

My bad...:p I meant an experienced Sinnoh pokemon...youre right obviously Gilbe is Gen VI but was caught too late in the series with practically 0 battle experience so, i meant a Sinnoh pokemon NOT COUNTING GIBLE...

What is a Gilbe?

Its not about what generation pokemon it is, its about where it was captured. Aipom is both a Kanto and Sinnoh pokemon and was a Generation II pokemon.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
What is a Gilbe?

Its not about what generation pokemon it is, its about where it was captured. Aipom is both a Kanto and Sinnoh pokemon and was a Generation II pokemon.

AND here I was, actually thinking you might understand that I meant gible and NOT a 'gilbe' (hah! what a joke ijea4444!!! seriously, you could catch that....WOW you earn brownie points...)...

MY POINT IS even if gible WAS captured in Sinnoh AS YOU PUT IT....it should be an EXPERIENCED SINNOH POKEMON....thats what I meant...

Last edited:

thunderblade12

Let's see here:

Gible vs Dusknoir (Sets up a Trick Room and is withdrawn immediately)
Gible vs Shuckle (Gible wins and is withdrawn)
Swellow vs Dusknoir (Dusknoir wins easily due to Trick Room)
Gible vs Dusknoir (Trick Room ends so Dusknoir sets up another. Gible still wins)
Gible vs Slowking (Slowking)
Muk vs Slowking (Muk)

Waterpokes

Yey for Ash's stupidity for throwing out a fast Pokemon like Swellow inside Trick Room?
No wonder why Ash can't win a league and loses to Paul so drastically.

Ash should use Gible, Muk and Noctowl. Noctowl isn't really fast, and it could actually take advantage of Trick Room. Gible must get a win, if not, it will be worse then Snorunt. While Muk can lose and be the fall out guy.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
My turn.
Ash will use a fast Pokemon so I will guess
Dusknoir vs. Swellow (Dusknoir)
Torterra vs. Dusknoir (Torterra)
Slowking vs. Torterra (Tie)
Gible vs. Shuckle (Gible)

HoennMaster

I'm excited to see Dusknoir in a battle, not liking that it was with Conway but whatever. Has it been confirmed to three on three? I'm a little confused amongst all the speculation.

LIAR.
I don't see there nothing that says someting about Heracross or Drakrai.

You can't read then.

Status
Not open for further replies.