• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP185 - Trick Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It is a three on three. The thing that I'm uncertain about is why two people in a row suggest Swellow vs. Dusknoir. Has it been confirmed from that trailer which spoiled Dusknoir? Please my friends... Do tell ;D

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
It is a three on three. The thing that I'm uncertain about is why two people in a row suggest Swellow vs. Dusknoir. Has it been confirmed from that trailer which spoiled Dusknoir? Please my friends... Do tell ;D

Ah, that would be Cybers subliminal messaging. Coming next time: Sceptile and the Hoenn team pile on Darkrai and all of Hoenns gym leaders watch from the stands ;)

In seriousness, did I miss something? Like some small line in someone elses post?

Battle predictions:

Torkoal vs Dusknoir [Torkoal]
Torkoal vs Slowking [Slowking]
Totodile vs Slowking [Totodile]
Totodile vs Shuckle [Shuckle]
Gible vs Shuckle [Gible]

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ah, that would be Cybers subliminal messaging. Coming next time: Sceptile and the Hoenn team pile on Darkrai and all of Hoenns gym leaders watch from the stands ;)

In seriousness, did I miss something? Like some small line in someone elses post?

Lol, I'll just jot down all the things surrounding this league of which I know:

Round1: Ash vs. Nando - 3on3
Staraptor vs. Roserade
Staraptor vs. Armaldo
Quilava vs. Armaldo
Heracross vs. Kricketune
Ash wins.

Round2: All battles are unknown.
Round3: Barry vs. Paul and Ash vs. Conway - Both are 3on3

Barry's pokemon: Empoleon, Hitmonlee, and Skarmory
Paul's pokemon: Electivire, Magmortar, and Ursaring
Conway's confirmed pokemon: Dusknoir and Shuckle
Ash's confirmed pokemon: Gible

Round?(4 or 5): Ash vs. Paul
Confirmed pokemon: None yet.

Further match-ups:

Round?(5 or 6): Ash vs. Mysterious Darkrai Trainer
Ash' confirmed pokemon: Heracross
MDT's confirmed pokemon: Darkrai

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Lol, I'll just jot down all the things surrounding this league of which I know:

Round1: Ash vs. Nando - 3on3
Staraptor vs. Roserade
Staraptor vs. Armaldo
Quilava vs. Armaldo
Heracross vs. Kricketune
Ash wins.

Round2: All battles are unknown.
Round3: Barry vs. Paul and Ash vs. Conway - Both are 3on3

Barry's pokemon: Empoleon, Hitmonlee, and Skarmory
Paul's pokemon: Electivire, Magmortar, and Ursaring
Conway's confirmed pokemon: Dusknoir and Shuckle
Ash's confirmed pokemon: Gible

Round?(4 or 5): Ash vs. Paul
Confirmed pokemon: None yet.

Further match-ups:

Round?(5 or 6): Ash vs. Mysterious Darkrai Trainer
Ash' confirmed pokemon: Heracross
MDT's confirmed pokemon: Darkrai

I think that is all anyone knows.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Well. Ash would use the reserve pokemon to help him defeat Conway. But I know he'll use Gible. Let's hope that Gible master Draco Meteor in time. If he doesn't, then it could cost the match.

ijea4444

Well. Ash would use the reserve pokemon to help him defeat Conway. But I know he'll use Gible. Let's hope that Gible master Draco Meteor in time. If he doesn't, then it could cost the match.

The only way Gible doesn't master Draco Meteor is if their saving him for Paul.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

Ha Ha. I think Darkrai would win that wrestling match.

Champion Jared 14

I know this!! I know people can't wait to hear Brock's commentary in this episode!! Aren't you guys just burning with excitement to see how Brock's gonna shine, and help Ash win this battle???

ssquaderi8

Newtype has announced the summary of p184 and dp 185, i have posted the dp185 translation in the dp185 thread, now for dp 184

With the help of Google Translator I have translated the summary of dp 184: Here it is

Airing 22 July

Fear trick room? Kouhei vs. Ash!

Conway and Ash started the confrontation and saw the rivals fought. Ash chose the shark (Gible), an excellent Pokemon to choose because speed was once thought to decide the game. This strategy is beginning, who will overwhelm Conway or Ash. But the moment concentrates to Dusknoir. Conway decides to change the speed of the battle. Dusknoir uses Trick room, now Ash is in trouble. Who will win?

Writer-director-storyboard Nobutaka 広 Tomioka Makoto
near-bridge-animation director Ooba Hideaki Kinoshita Kazue

The best I could do

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
^^ Better than no translation at all!

So Gible isn't starring here, looks like it may not master DM now then. I doubt they'd resolve such an arc in the first battle of a match. I hope he gets a win though, it would completely suck if he doesn't get one decent win though.

ssquaderi8

it doesnt exactly state that gible is sent ut first just the fact the ash chooses gible for the match in advance

saar

Shiny Flygon
Thanks ssquaderi8.

So now we know a little bit more. lol I'm already beginning not to like this episode when we know the animation will be so bad....

staryu_starmie

Gym Leader Jiz
well seeing as DP186 is "decisive rival battle, satoshi v shinji" its sort of obvious that Satoshi beat Conway. I would like to see Bayleef against Conway, but I dunno how he's gonna beat Dusknoir, highly unlikely but I could see Kingler opening a can of whoop-*** on it, or maybe corphish>>>>crawdaunt come to think of it...

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Yeah but didn't the preview for DP183 use the same wording about Staraptor? Plus it didn't say "Ash chooses to use Quilava" which was sent out second. It's highly likely that this refers to Gible being sent out first, so as not to ruin the surprise of the other two Pokemon. From that, we can infer that Gible won't star.

BM14murph

Master Collector
We've known Ash was going to beat Conway since the very start seeing as how it was confirmed ages back that we would face Paul and a Legendary Trainer

Ah the summary doesn't give much away really does it besides confirming the spped thing

With that in mind i believe Ash will use Swellow and Sceptile would be an obvious speed choice but unlikely maybe Quilava again?

staryu_starmie

Gym Leader Jiz
Can we please drop the whole "he's going to use Swellow and Sceptile". He's not.

Apart from being two of the ugliest pokémon ever, they are both speedsters, which of course would be destroyed by "Trick Room", and he definitely wouldn't use both.

I would definitely say he would more likely use a Johto Pokémon (maybe Bayleef with an old "vine whip" to restrain one of Conways pokémon, like how he did with Houndoom in Johto League) and maybe either Pikachu or Buizel along with g-g-g-gible.

it doesnt exactly state that gible is sent ut first just the fact the ash chooses gible for the match in advance

Same thing happened with Ash choosing Buizel against Fantina's Gengar, Chimchar against Byron's Bronzor, Torterra against Volkner's Electivire and Staraptor against Nando's Roserade. They just tell about the first Pokemon in the summary.

Can we please drop the whole "he's going to use Swellow and Sceptile". He's not.

Apart from being two of the ugliest pokémon ever, they are both speedsters, which of course would be destroyed by "Trick Room", and he definitely wouldn't use both.
I would like to see Ash use both Sceptile and Swellow and they both lose and Gible saves the day. At least after this Cyber would stop whining about Ash not using his powerhouses.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
Hey i was just suggestin Swellow is possible i highly doubt Sceptile though

Maybe Donphan will be the 3rd because what would trick room do to him...he's loose high defense but gain a high Sp. Atk and Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.