• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
Slowking[George];9638287 said:
There would be EV's gained if the pokemon actually had room for EV's to be gained. For example, if it was 100% not EVed, then it would still gain the EV's, but they wouldn't matter anyway, since it would be at level 100.
i have a question about this.
for example i has level 100 abra.
it has 255 evs in speed.
if i'm using the berry, and then i'm fightning against pokes who gives speed EVs- will he get the EVs?

Virtuos

Female Wobbuffet???
i speed ev train + power anklet on my cubone, battling magikarps, when i leveled up, i got +12 on speed. Is that normal? aint it supposed to rack up at lvl 100?

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
It gradually happens at any level. You'll just see the full effects at level 100, since there's no reduction.

kyora

Pokémon God
EV's dispute

Hey, i was on Smogon and looking at the teams for certain pokes. I was wondering why they only had like say 100 EV's for something and 252 in another. why is it that they put only 4 in one and 252 in another? why not just 255 in all?

Thx, Kyora

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
Hey, i was on Smogon and looking at the teams for certain pokes. I was wondering why they only had like say 100 EV's for something and 252 in another. why is it that they put only 4 in one and 252 in another? why not just 255 in all?

Thx, Kyora

252 is as many as that can be effectively put in one stat, and there's a 510 EV limit.

lewys

is this right?

sorry if this is in the wrong place, if it is can a mod move it to the right place.

i am ev training my heracross in speed. he has pokerus and the right item to add 4 ev to speed and i gave him 10 of the right vitamin.

i only want to give him 160 ev in speed so with the 10 vitamin i just need 60ev so i defeat 6 magicarps i then go up a level and get +5 in speed.

is that all i should have got or should i have got more?

i also gave him 96 ev in hp when fighting shelloswith the right item to add 4 to hp and i got +8. should i have got that amount?

heracross is level 20 btw

lewys

thanks
just to check if they went up any more i leveled my heracross upto level 100 using rare candies (i didnt save it) but every level it went up it only added +2-3 in speed so did it actually work?

houndsolo

ok i have a chancy lvl 26 *nver batteled* how do you suggest i get the 714 hp monster it evolves into with max defence* and the other 4 evs into sp defence?

Kashinn

One Step At A Time.
i have a question about this.
for example i has level 100 abra.
it has 255 evs in speed.
if i'm using the berry, and then i'm fightning against pokes who gives speed EVs- will he get the EVs?

When a pokemon reaches lv100, it will no longer be able to gain EV's from battles, as it is only applied after you have gained a level.

Regarding EVs in Pearl/Trade into Platinum

I know this is probably posted outside the proper thread, but I couldn't locate it at a glance and I really need some insight into this matter.

So, I recently got the urge to train up a Toxicroak, so I hatched, in Pearl, a suitable Croagunk and have left it in the daycare so it reaches a suitable level for EV training (I like my Pokemon to fight for themselves when EV training). My big question is, if I EV train in Pearl version, get my Croagunk up to say, level 52 after that's done, and trade it into Platinum so it can join the rest of my EV trained party which I'm raising to 100, will it retain the EVs it received after the transition from version to version?

I'd prefer EV training in Pearl because in that version, it'd also be very easy to get Croagunk to level 52 after the EVs are full through Elite 4 runs. I just don't want to waste my time doing this in Pearl if the EVs are gonna get screwed up from Pearl to Platinum.

EVs between Pearl and Platinum

I badly need help, I can't continue until I feel safe on this issue.

I have a Croagunk sitting in the daycare, waiting to reach a level suitable for solo EV training. When I actually get it EV trained and to level 52 (which I'll do in my completed Pearl's Elite 4), it's going over to Platinum to complete its training to level 100 with my party of lvl 52 EV trained Pokemon. Now, will every one of my Croagunk's filled EVs be retained when I move him over to Platinum? I don't want to screw up my Croagunk here, as it took me about two days to get an Adamant one.

Last edited:

christiandeath77

You gotta crush em'.
How do you take away EV's?Because I maxed out the Atk and Spe on my Scizor, but I wanted to give it more Hp instead of Spe.

Also, can you Ev train Lv 100's?

Jdman

Ev Training?

I dont kno how to EV train a pokemon and want to start with the competetive battling but i dont kno how to ev train them
i just got gible from sombody that has pokerus cuz i kno that and
the macho brace helps get these "ev's" but dont kno where to train for
what ev's and what natures do what

so if u can help me that wud be just great ^_^

Previous Post

I'm pretty sure my question a few posts up isn't mentioned in any guide around, and I really can't go on until I get confirmation from someone who knows what they're talking about. Help? Anyone? lol.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
I badly need help, I can't continue until I feel safe on this issue.

I have a Croagunk sitting in the daycare, waiting to reach a level suitable for solo EV training. When I actually get it EV trained and to level 52 (which I'll do in my completed Pearl's Elite 4), it's going over to Platinum to complete its training to level 100 with my party of lvl 52 EV trained Pokemon. Now, will every one of my Croagunk's filled EVs be retained when I move him over to Platinum? I don't want to screw up my Croagunk here, as it took me about two days to get an Adamant one.

Yes. The only way that EVs can be removed is with the EV-reducing berries; simply trading a Pokemon to another game will have no effect whatsoever on its EVs.

You may have been thinking of Happiness, which unlike EVs, IS affected by trading.