• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

Aquarelle

Staff member
If this is a reply to my question, then no, Exp. Share has nothing to do with my question.

What he means is that giving a newly hatched Pokemon the exp. share will allow it to gain EVs AND level up until it is strong enough to fight on its own.

And to answer your question, it really doesn't matter when you start EV training. The Pokemon will end up with the same stats at level 100 regardless of whether it started gaining its EVs at level 1 or at level 90.
And a Pokemon with no EVs that is raised in the day care or by rare candies will have lower stats at a certain level than an EV-trained Pokemon of the same species that has the same level, nature, IVs, etc. because the day care/rare candies don't give you EVs.

I personally prefer to EV train starting at level 1. I just give the Pokemon vitamins and then either give it the exp. share or put it in the lead spot and then switch it out every battle.

Last edited:

Absol 4ever

a witty pedant
If you have already fought enough to gain the Evs but they havent all been put on the stat, can I use rare candies to allocate the Evs to stats or do I have to train normally until they gave been allocated them use rare candies?

Aquarelle

Staff member
If you have already fought enough to gain the Evs but they havent all been put on the stat, can I use rare candies to allocate the Evs to stats or do I have to train normally until they gave been allocated them use rare candies?

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Using Rare Candies doesn't have any effect on your EVs, though. When you use a Rare Candy, it doesn not give you any EVs; it just gives your Pokemon enough experience to level up. You will have to use vitamins, fight other Pokemon, etc. to gain EVs in a stat.

Absol 4ever

a witty pedant
ill try to rephrase it, lets say im training a walrein in hp, i kill 50 gastrodon so i have "gained" 100 hp evs but not all of them have been put in the stat by lvling up.
if i then use a rare candy will hp evs be added to the stat or will it ignore them because i used a rare candy?

Aquarelle

Staff member
ill try to rephrase it, lets say im training a walrein in hp, i kill 50 gastrodon so i have "gained" 100 hp evs but not all of them have been put in the stat by lvling up.
if i then use a rare candy will hp evs be added to the stat or will it ignore them because i used a rare candy?

You won't see the full effect of those EVs until level 100. It doesn't matter how you get the Pokemon to level 100, so it would end up with the same stats regardless of whether you levelled it up by using Rare Candies or by fighting other Pokemon. So, Rare Candies do not ignore your Pokemon's EVs.

Absol 4ever

a witty pedant
thanks for that Aquarelle

Pokeman1234

What a mess...
Ok, is there an item such as "Lucky Egg" or anything of the such obtainable prior to the third gym in pokemon pearl? My shieldon is taking a while to gain enough exp to move up 3 levels, so is my Monferno.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
in a word, no. exp share is the closest to that nd i dont think it is available til after the the 3rd gym. best thing to do is jus to keep grinding in the grass near the gym and earn levels that way

PsychicPsycho

When can i get pokemon from firered/leafgreen ect by putting it in the DS do i have to beat the pokemon league first and i don't mean migrating them i mean like getting Lotad by putting Sapphire in the DS for pokemon platinum thanks.
My understanding is you have to be able to use the pal park before the dual slot pokemon will start appearing, so it won't really help with getting your playthrough team together.

manaphay

Drifloon

is there anyway you can see drifloon other than battling the trainer in Heathrome gym or only catch it on fridays cause then i have to wait a week so does anyone know where i can see him he is my last one to see in pearl.

Larry

is there anyway you can see drifloon other than battling the trainer in Heathrome gym or only catch it on fridays cause then i have to wait a week so does anyone know where i can see him he is my last one to see in pearl.

Change the day on your DS to a Friday.

Aquarelle

Staff member

Those are the only ways to see Drifloon on Pearl. So you're going to have to see one on Friday (and if you plan on changing your DS's clock, I think you would have to set it to Thursday because I think changing it "freezes" the time-based events for 24 hours or something).

Jkboy

Pokemon trainer
Can you clone pokemon in platinum

Mr.Sencho

Any volunteers?

I want to get spiritomb, and was hoping someone would be bored enough to help me get it?

If there's a charitable person...
Name: Mavriko
FC: 1764-6450-5465

richm88

shiny hunter
on platinum i have the coin case and coins for the game corner but it still wont let me play on the slots , ideas anyone?