1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Volteon, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

You can't do it using the GTS like in DP. However, this page says that it's possible to clone in Platinum by turning off one of the DSes while trading...but this might corrupt your game.

2. Mr.Sencho

Mr.Sencho New Member

Any volunteers?

I want to get spiritomb, and was hoping someone would be bored enough to help me get it?

If there's a charitable person...
    Name: Mavriko
    FC: 1764-6450-5465

3. richm88

richm88 shiny hunter

on platinum i have the coin case and coins for the game corner but it still wont let me play on the slots , ideas anyone?

4. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

If you've got the European Version, (which lacks the ESRB warning) Slots are permanently disabled in Platinum. They've even changed the Dialogue in the room.

Awyway this is the EV Help thread.

5. richm88

richm88 shiny hunter

Sorry I read the title of the thread wrong. Seems pointless putting the coincase in there if you cant even use the slots.
    so if you want to get anything with coins from the game corner ive got to buy the coins,great

6. Togekiss2000

Togekiss2000 Member

Is this the pokemon diamond help thread, i think it is.I dont know where the move tutor is in pokemon diamond,(the guy who delete's HM's)And my second problem is that i don't know if my pokemon are strong enough to beat the elite 4 and Cynthia in pokemon diamond.My pokemon are:

Empoleon Lv50 moves:RockClimb, Defog, BubbleBeam and Blizzard
    Dialga Lv48 moves:RockSmash, AncientPower, DragonClaw and RoarOfTime
    Luxray Lv48 moves:Spark, Strengh, ThunderFang and Crunch
    Gastradon Lv47 moves:Mud-Slap, MudBomb, Surf and Waterfall
    Roserade Lv46 moves:petalDance, Cut, Aromatherapy and Synthesis
    Staraptor Lv45 moves:Agility, AerialAce, Fly and CloseCombat

Thanks in Advance

7. SasakiThePikachu

SasakiThePikachu like pepsi cola

So this doesn't really qualify as 'help', but starting a thread for glitches this many years after the release seems kinda pointless :S

Anyway I just discovered a glitch which I've not heard anyone else point out, so thought I'd mention it here. On Platinum, while breeding Togepi, I noticed that when I picked up my Togepi eggs from the daycare man they'd skipped the first 'what will hatch from this?' stage and passed straight to 'occasionally moves, must be close to hatching'. After confusedly thinking I'd made a mistake the first time, I repeated it, and yes, this is true of all Togepi eggs.

I'm guessing that this is due to the Togepi egg Cynthia gives you in Eterna City, which is also pre-set to that hatching stage when you receive it, probably to make it faster for you to hatch. The game must read all Togepi eggs as *that* egg and speed up the process for you.

Anyways, it's handy if you're breeding for Wish Eevee :)

@Togekiss, the HM deleter is in Canalave City, and I'd personally say your team needs a little more level grinding before you hit Cynthia, or her Garchomp will tear you to shreds. It's best if all your team are at least lv50.

8. pit-fall

pit-fall Angels Amoonguss

Can I toss my Modest Trapinch in the Daycare until it reaches 65 (Earth Power) and then EV train it from there?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  9. Aquarelle

Yes you can. It doesn't matter what level you start EV training at.

10. pit-fall

pit-fall Angels Amoonguss

11. Aquarelle

12. TheOriginalOne

TheOriginalOne オリジナル

Does anyone know the exact odds of finding a sun stone and of finding a moon stone in the pokemon pearl underground?
    Ah, and another question: when I use the pokeradar, is there any special indicator of the place where the rare pokemon is? It's because I've noticed that the grass doesn't always shake the same way.

13. Nardo12

Nardo12 New Member

I have a question about EV training, I'm doing it in Diamond so I posted it here. If a Pokemon evolves is it eligible for another 510 EVs? For example, if I'm raising Chansey and it earns its maximum 510 EVs and later evolves into Blissey do I have to let it earn another 510 in order to get max stats or does training Chansey ensure a good Blissey?

14. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Blissey will have the EVs that she got as Chansey and/or as Happiny. So Blissey won't be eligible.

15. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

Didn't realize there was another help thread

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  16. Ok so I tried to raise a Breloom to catch pokemon its move set is:

-Spore

-Giga Drain

-False Swipe

-Sunny Day

But at level 100 its not cutting it. So now I have decided to go with Gallade with the move set:

-Hypnosis

-Mean look

-False Swipe

-Psychic/Close Combat

What would be a good nature, characteristic and EV’s for my Gallade with this move set?

17. excadrill798

excadrill798 Member

oh I get it now!!

18. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

The Stat judge in Platinum told me my Metagross had Relatively Superior stats and that it's Attack was fantastic. but what does that mean?

19. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

He gives you a short summary of the Pokémon's IVs.

20. wc662

wc662 Green Goblin

can somebody give me the 411 on dual slot mode and pal park in platinum? Do I have to insert the game once to make the different wild pokemon appear, or do I have to keep it in? After I get six to take to pal park, what exactly is there to do there? Can I only re-catch the ones that were on my team when I boot the dual slot or does it bring in alot of third gen pokemon? Are there trainers/items or anything else of importance in pal park without having wifi?