• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

weavileluver1

I've got the powah!
Where can I go to get consistent Speed EVs for my Empoleon?

Fisherman Andrew on route 205 near Eterna. 6 Magikarp.

TheFreshness

ok i just wanna make sure i am doing this right...if i am training a pokemon and want to give it say 76 special attack ev's and have both macho brace and pkrus on it would i just have to battle 19 gastlys (or whatever else ev's for SpA)? cuz it never seems to add up for me...or maybe im just miscounting when im training

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Yes, although it is far faster to use the Power Lens, in which case you will only have to battle 10 Ghastly (7 w/ Power Lens + Pkrs = 70 EVs, then remove the lens and battle 3 more at 2 EVs each).

I read the first page for some tips on good EV training areas and I am slightly confused.

It says for Platinum - Route 203 Lass Madeline has a Staraptor and Bibarel after a few rematches. But at the moment she only has a Psyduck and Buneary. I know the pokemon evolve and they get new ones, but do their rosters ever completely drop pokemon and replace them?

NVM, it seems that her name was written under Platinum but has her D/P lineup.

Last edited:

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
If a pokemon has the pokerus but then it gets cured does it still gain double EVs?

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
TheBlueRabbit said:
^ Yes. The virus can no longer spread, but the effect remains.
Thanks, just checking.

RavenUmbreon

Um, I was wondering is the PCP Pichu tradable? If so can someone trade me it when HG/SS comes out so I can get the notch ear pichu?

zasten

hi guys can someone tell me if when i trade my oaks letter to a friend they get shaymin?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
you cant trade the oaks letter, its a wondercard event that cannot be shared and there is no way to transfer key items out of the bag

tetelo

Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong area or if this question is repeated but theres some way to manipulate the IVs without using game shark or somethings like that?

If yes, can someone please say a link for an easy guide?

Thank you ^^

No, you can't manipulate the IVs a pokémon has without a game shark.

You can, however, know what IVs the pokémon is going to have, by knowing your SID.

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
is the PCP just any old shiny pichu because i have a shiny pichu and id like the notched ear one in HG

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
According to Bulbapedia, she appears in the Oreburgh City Pokemon Center in Platinum after Gardenia of Eterna City is defeated, but I don't know what day.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
is the PCP just any old shiny pichu because i have a shiny pichu and id like the notched ear one in HG

no, it's not. It has the special "Faithful Encounter" flag on it which is required in order to obtain NEP in HG/SS.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Egg move problem

Is it possible to get a gardevoir with destiny bond and will-o-wisp on the same set(they're both egg moves, but each only come with one parent)?

Since:

Gastly can learn destiny bond and pass it as an egg move but not will-o-wisp
Duskull is vice versa.

However gastly has will-o-wisp as a possible egg move, so could I:

Breed a female gastly with a male duskull to get a gastly with will-o-wisp.
Raise the gastly to lv.40 to get destiny bond
Then breed the gastly that has both will-o-wisp and destiny bond with a ralts to get a ralts with will-o-wisp and destiny bond?

Would both the egg moves pass on even though will-o-wisp isn't one of gastly's natural moves? Or would only destiny bond pass on?