• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
on platinum i have the coin case and coins for the game corner but it still wont let me play on the slots , ideas anyone?

If you've got the European Version, (which lacks the ESRB warning) Slots are permanently disabled in Platinum. They've even changed the Dialogue in the room.

Awyway this is the EV Help thread.

richm88

shiny hunter
If you've got the European Version, (which lacks the ESRB warning) Slots are permanently disabled in Platinum. They've even changed the Dialogue in the room.

Awyway this is the EV Help thread.

Sorry I read the title of the thread wrong. Seems pointless putting the coincase in there if you cant even use the slots.
so if you want to get anything with coins from the game corner ive got to buy the coins,great

Is this the pokemon diamond help thread, i think it is.I dont know where the move tutor is in pokemon diamond,(the guy who delete's HM's)And my second problem is that i don't know if my pokemon are strong enough to beat the elite 4 and Cynthia in pokemon diamond.My pokemon are:

Empoleon Lv50 moves:RockClimb, Defog, BubbleBeam and Blizzard
Dialga Lv48 moves:RockSmash, AncientPower, DragonClaw and RoarOfTime
Luxray Lv48 moves:Spark, Strengh, ThunderFang and Crunch
Gastradon Lv47 moves:Mud-Slap, MudBomb, Surf and Waterfall
Roserade Lv46 moves:petalDance, Cut, Aromatherapy and Synthesis
Staraptor Lv45 moves:Agility, AerialAce, Fly and CloseCombat

Thanks in Advance

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
So this doesn't really qualify as 'help', but starting a thread for glitches this many years after the release seems kinda pointless :S

Anyway I just discovered a glitch which I've not heard anyone else point out, so thought I'd mention it here. On Platinum, while breeding Togepi, I noticed that when I picked up my Togepi eggs from the daycare man they'd skipped the first 'what will hatch from this?' stage and passed straight to 'occasionally moves, must be close to hatching'. After confusedly thinking I'd made a mistake the first time, I repeated it, and yes, this is true of all Togepi eggs.

I'm guessing that this is due to the Togepi egg Cynthia gives you in Eterna City, which is also pre-set to that hatching stage when you receive it, probably to make it faster for you to hatch. The game must read all Togepi eggs as *that* egg and speed up the process for you.

Anyways, it's handy if you're breeding for Wish Eevee :)

@Togekiss, the HM deleter is in Canalave City, and I'd personally say your team needs a little more level grinding before you hit Cynthia, or her Garchomp will tear you to shreds. It's best if all your team are at least lv50.

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Can I toss my Modest Trapinch in the Daycare until it reaches 65 (Earth Power) and then EV train it from there?

Last edited:

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
Does anyone know the exact odds of finding a sun stone and of finding a moon stone in the pokemon pearl underground?
Ah, and another question: when I use the pokeradar, is there any special indicator of the place where the rare pokemon is? It's because I've noticed that the grass doesn't always shake the same way.

Nardo12

I have a question about EV training, I'm doing it in Diamond so I posted it here. If a Pokemon evolves is it eligible for another 510 EVs? For example, if I'm raising Chansey and it earns its maximum 510 EVs and later evolves into Blissey do I have to let it earn another 510 in order to get max stats or does training Chansey ensure a good Blissey?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a question about EV training, I'm doing it in Diamond so I posted it here. If a Pokemon evolves is it eligible for another 510 EVs? For example, if I'm raising Chansey and it earns its maximum 510 EVs and later evolves into Blissey do I have to let it earn another 510 in order to get max stats or does training Chansey ensure a good Blissey?

Blissey will have the EVs that she got as Chansey and/or as Happiny. So Blissey won't be eligible.

ebevan91

Didn't realize there was another help thread

Last edited:
Ok so I tried to raise a Breloom to catch pokemon its move set is:

-Spore

-Giga Drain

-False Swipe

-Sunny Day

But at level 100 its not cutting it. So now I have decided to go with Gallade with the move set:

-Hypnosis

-Mean look

-False Swipe

-Psychic/Close Combat

What would be a good nature, characteristic and EV’s for my Gallade with this move set?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
The Stat judge in Platinum told me my Metagross had Relatively Superior stats and that it's Attack was fantastic. but what does that mean?

wc662

Green Goblin
can somebody give me the 411 on dual slot mode and pal park in platinum? Do I have to insert the game once to make the different wild pokemon appear, or do I have to keep it in? After I get six to take to pal park, what exactly is there to do there? Can I only re-catch the ones that were on my team when I boot the dual slot or does it bring in alot of third gen pokemon? Are there trainers/items or anything else of importance in pal park without having wifi?

UUTrainerUU

Just a Fan
EV Training Help

I'm new to EV training, and I don't think I'm getting any results. My Pokemon is lv. 5, if level is a factor. At first, I got my HP up one point, but no more afterwards. I'm clearly doing something wrong, but what?

Ashfer

Gym Leader
I'm probably not the best to give advice for something like this, but I think can lay something out for you.

EVs refer to the "effort values" your Pokemon obtains after winning a battle in the wild. Their stats will increase by the amount of EVs given for each stat every time you level up.

UUTrainerUU

Just a Fan
I'm probably not the best to give advice for something like this, but I think can lay something out for you.

EVs refer to the "effort values" your Pokemon obtains after winning a battle in the wild. Their stats will increase by the amount of EVs given for each stat every time you level up.

Well, I get that part, but what I don't understand is why it isn't working for my Pokemon. Thanks for trying to help, though. :)