• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

tempeststorm34

Hi. Quick question- my Magmortar is at level 98, and has a bunch of random EVs from battling random trainers and the E4. If I used EV-reducing berries on it, and then battled gastlys and magikarps to get a standard special sweeper spread (without reaching level 99), would I still get the full stat bonuses at level up (i.e. as if it were EV trained at level one and got to level 100? And yes, I have looked at many different FAQs and stuff on EV training, and EVs affect the substantially in the higher levels, but it just would seem weird for my Magmortar to be gaining something like +20 when it reaches level 99.
I hope I made myself clear.
EDIT: Thank you Zimii!

Last edited:

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
Hi. Quick question- my Magmortar is at level 98, and has a bunch of random EVs from battling random trainers and the E4. If I used EV-reducing berries on it, and then battled gastlys and magikarps to get a standard special sweeper spread (without reaching level 99), would I still get the full stat bonuses at level up (i.e. as if it were EV trained at level one and got to level 100? And yes, I have looked at many different FAQs and stuff on EV training, and EVs affect the substantially in the higher levels, but it just would seem weird for my Magmortar to be gaining something like +20 when it reaches level 99.
I hope I made myself clear. Thank you!

Its stats will rise by many points upon reaching level 99.

I was EVing my lv 70 Latios, and after getting its Sp. Atk EVs to 252 its level rised up. It gained +30 Sp. Atk.

EDIT: I'm happy I was helpful. ^_^

Last edited:

MimiSkitty

Okay, I have a question! <3

I'm sorry, I really didn't know where to post this...

I thought there was a thread, but I can't remember where it was...

Anyway, what would be the best natures for these Pokemon?

Meowth
Mismagius
Crobat
Rotom
Carvanha
Umbreon

I really wanna raise them. But I'd like to raise the right ones. :)

spite1028

EV question

alright i think i understand EV pretty well except one thing. once i get the EVs to where i like them do i just start leveling up to 100?

i breed and awesome elekid and have 252 Evs in attack and speed and 4 in hp and now i was wondering if i could give it an xp share and run through the elite four to level it up a bit more.

thanks for any help

HanoiRose

NIPPON BONZAI!
Yes, when you have maxed out its EVs, just go nuts and level it up.

superjesus1

Yeah i think you're safe to do that if you've used up every EV. But to be sure, go to Sunyshore city and talk to the woman in the market building with the pokemon you've EV'ed in the first slot. If she gives your pokemon an effort ribbon youve used up all it's EV's and then you can level it up fighting whatever you want =D If she doesn't give you one, you still havent used every EV so keep training it on what you want EV's in =D

Hope i helped!

Just to make sure...

If I battle 255 Bidoofs, my Duskull will have It's max EVs, and 255 more times when to evolves.

Hi, I was EV training my darkrai lv 70 that I received from pkmn ranger with Gastly, I gave him a sp.att anklet+pokérus so that means 1+4*2, right? So 10 EVs each time I battle a Gastly.
I battled 26 gastlys (252/10=25,2-26), and when it levelled up it only got +3. Did I do smthg wrong?
By the way, I got it at lv 50, and it was the first time I had EV trained it... Hope I made myself clear!

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
Hi, I was EV training my darkrai lv 70 that I received from pkmn ranger with Gastly, I gave him a sp.att anklet+pokérus so that means 1+4*2, right? So 10 EVs each time I battle a Gastly.
I battled 26 gastlys (252/10=25,2-26), and when it levelled up it only got +3. Did I do smthg wrong?
By the way, I got it at lv 50, and it was the first time I had EV trained it... Hope I made myself clear!

How did you train it to level 70? If it battled any pokemon, it gained EVs. Its EVs could already have been full when you started EV-training it.

If it didn't have any EVs when you started EV-training, raise its levels up. It should gain more points to Sp. Atk.

PS. your formula is right.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP

Stat points from EVs are not gained at a single level - you will be getting them until Level 100.
Besides, I hope you raised your Darkrai to level 70 by Rare Candies, because if you didn't, then it must have been getting EVs from the pokemon Darkrai defeated to level up.

I trained it with pkmn that give high EV in sp.att like Gengar, Alakazam... So, I guess it reached the max, but it only has 253 sp.att at lv.70...
Anyway, thanks a lot!

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Well since the max of useful EVs that can be put in a stat is 252, you've wasted some EVs that you could have put in other stats, but nonetheless your special attack will be pretty high once it reaches level 100.

DialgaMan

For a physical sweeper your best bet would indeed be the basic 252 Atk / 252 Spe EV spread. Sadly, sassy isn't a nature to work in your favor for a physical sweeper. Your final speed stat at level 100 will be lacking a bit of what it could have been.

If you didn't save it after you gained all the EVs on your mewtwo, you probably did lose all of your EVs.
If you did save it after gaining them, there are no worries.

Go check the effort ribbon lady in the ball seal building in Sunyshore City. If your Mewtwo has gained all of the EVs it can gain (the maximum of 510) she will give it a effort ribbon.

If you still have all of your EVs, it is possible that all of your EVs are slowly factoring in as you level. It's unnatural for a legendary that is usually caught or obtained above level 50 to only gain +2 Speed after being fully EV trained though, but it is possible.

It still had all his EV's because I did save after it got the Ev's

But I don't understand why it does raise so much one time and not the other time.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
It still had all his EV's because I did save after it got the Ev's

But I don't understand why it does raise so much one time and not the other time.

Did you put your Mewtwo in the PC at any time during your training? Because putting a Pokemon in the PC actually automatically adds any EVs that the Pokemon gained to its stats (it happens immediately, even though you haven't leveled up at all!).

For example, if I had a Lv. 99 Typhlosion with 0 Sp. Atk EVs, fought 8 Gastly to get 8 Sp. Atk EVs, then put the Typhlosion into the PC, its Special Attack would increase by 2.

Hi, I have another question. I want to EVtrain my mild natured evee with max. sp.att. I'll battle gastly(again) but do I have to gain the 252EVs in only one level, or can I gain all of them at different levels if I want it to have max sp.att? For ex. 10EVs per level? Does this method have the same result at the end?

I'm sorry, I really didn't know where to post this...

I thought there was a thread, but I can't remember where it was...

Anyway, what would be the best natures for these Pokemon?

Meowth
Mismagius
Crobat
Rotom
Carvanha
Umbreon

I really wanna raise them. But I'd like to raise the right ones. :)

I don't know if someone answered already...
I guess it depends on the part you want your pokemon to play in your team( sweeper, staller...) but if you don't care about that and just want an "easy", fun team, you should favor their best statistics ( you can find them on the serebii pokedex). I'd say Jolly for meowth, Modest, Calm or Timid for Mismagius, Jolly for Crobat, Timid-Modest for Rotom, Adamant for Carvanha if you want a physical sweeper, otherwise, if you want a mixed sweeper, Naughty or Lonely, and Impish-Bold, Careful-Calm for Umbreon.
Hope I helped!

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
Hi, I have another question. I want to EVtrain my mild natured evee with max. sp.att. I'll battle gastly(again) but do I have to gain the 252EVs in only one level, or can I gain all of them at different levels if I want it to have max sp.att? For ex. 10EVs per level? Does this method have the same result at the end?

It doesn't matter on which level you gain the EVs.

Dagger54321

Trade Junkie
Slowking[George];9669019 said:
Well since the max of useful EVs that can be put in a stat is 252, you've wasted some EVs that you could have put in other stats, but nonetheless your special attack will be pretty high once it reaches level 100.

Wait, so EVs are "wasted" if you battle with a max stat(the same one you trained)? I thought they just counted for nothing and it was like you never battled that pokemon.

Toastybob

Is this real life?
Wait, so EVs are "wasted" if you battle with a max stat(the same one you trained)? I thought they just counted for nothing and it was like you never battled that pokemon.

Exactly. That is what he meant by wasted. If you have already maxed out the stat, the battle won't give you any additional EVs.