• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

PalkiaTrainer

First...how can I be nice...THIS QUESTION is already answered...if you read the whole guide then you would see it.

Second, since you didn't count them you have to start over with the EV reducing berries, unless you know it's over 100 EV's in which you only have to use one berry to reduce the EV's to 100 and start from there.

If he hasn't calculated how many gastlys he has battaled already the only way is to start over with berries. I've read an ev guide and it says for berries that if you have 100 or more ev's at the stat that the berry reduse it is redused by 100 ev's and if it's less than 100 ev's it's redused by 10 ev's. Is that true?

Okay, so I'm quite confused. I haven't EV trained in months, and I'm afraid I've forgotten the whole process. I read the guide on the first page, and I am still confused. So I have a Timid Speed forme Deoxys. I want to EV train it in Special Attack and Speed. I am doing the 4/252/252 layout. So if I give it 10 vitamins for Speed, and 10 vitamins for Special Attack, that still means I have to train for 252 EVs on each, right?
And let me make sure I calculated this right. If it has the Macho Brace and Pokerus, and I battle a Gastly....I would gain...4 EVs in SA?

Last edited:

Rakurai

Okay, so I'm quite confused. I haven't EV trained in months, and I'm afraid I've forgotten the whole process. I read the guide on the first page, and I am still confused. So I have a Timid Speed forme Deoxys. I want to EV train it in Special Attack and Speed. I am doing the 4/252/252 layout. So if I give it 10 vitamins for Speed, and 10 vitamins for Special Attack, that still means I have to train for 252 EVs on each, right?
And let me make sure I calculated this right. If it has the Macho Brace and Pokerus, and I battle a Gastly....I would gain...4 EVs in SA?

Using ten vitamins will give you 100 EVs, meaning you'd still need 152 EVs in that particular stat, or more specifically, that you'd need to battle 38 Pokemon (Provided you're fighting Pokemon that give one EV, and you have the Macho Brace and Pokerus).

PalkiaTrainer

To make it easier give it to hold power lens that give 4 ev's to sp attack for each pokemon you beat and pokerus which doubles them. 4ev's + 4ev's=8 ev's . It will take you the half time.

Last edited:

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
If he hasn't calculated how many gastlys he has battaled already the only way is to start over with berries. I've read an ev guide and it says for berries that if you have 100 or more ev's at the stat that the berry reduse it is redused by 100 ev's and if it's less than 100 ev's it's redused by 10 ev's. Is that true?

No it lowers it TO 100 EV's not by 100 EV's.

Carlisle said:

The 10 Vitamins would give you excatly 100 EV's in each stat...so now you only have to do 152 EV's in each stat...the best way to get the maximun amount of EV's per Pokemon is Power Lens + Pokerus...which IIRC will give you 10 EV's per Pokemon...which PalkiaTrainer your math is off. It's not just 4 EV's + 4 EV's...you have to add the 4 EV's to the EV's the Pokemon gives and then double that because of Pokerus. So it would be 10. (Given your fighting the gastly's, and so you need to fight 15 Gastly's with the Power Lens and then one without.)

PalkiaTrainer

No it lowers it TO 100 EV's not by 100 EV's.

The 10 Vitamins would give you excatly 100 EV's in each stat...so now you only have to do 152 EV's in each stat...the best way to get the maximun amount of EV's per Pokemon is Power Lens + Pokerus...which IIRC will give you 10 EV's per Pokemon...which PalkiaTrainer your math is off. It's not just 4 EV's + 4 EV's...you have to add the 4 EV's to the EV's the Pokemon gives and then double that because of Pokerus. So it would be 10. (Given your fighting the gastly's, and so you need to fight 15 Gastly's with the Power Lens and then one without.)

Thanks. I think I didn't read well the ev guide. But I'm sure it said that (for the berries). And sure my math are off. Yes now that I think again and I don't know how I've thought 4+4. Oh I forgot to calculate the gastly ev's. How foolish. Sorry I will think more when I write here. The shcools here stopped and my brain with them.

And this is for kyogre35:
I found the ev guide which says that:
"Now, after all the stuff about speeding up the EV process, what if you mess up during the EV process? Perhaps you misread an EV guide and are battling the wrong Pokemon for the wrong stat. No matter how stupid it sounds, it will happen to you sooner or later. So, how do we remedy it? By lowering your EV points for one stat back to 0 so you can start over and not waste an EV points. But how do you we do that? By using 6 berries different berries that lowe a different stat, called EV berries. Each berry will lower 10 effort values in a stat." And then I read that in an other forum "the first berry reduces EVs to 100 if it was higher, otherwise they always reduce by 10." I think that the correct was that in the forum. And that said Volteon in the first page. Did you forget to say that when itreaches to 100ev's then it will be redusing only by 10 untill it reaches 0 ev's? This is fr the forum http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemondiamond/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44996338&pid=925601 and this for the guide http://www.lugias-island.net/ev.php

Last edited:

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Thanks. I think I didn't read well the ev guide. But I'm sure it said that (for the berries). And sure my math are off. Yes now that I think again and I don't know how I've thought 4+4. Oh I forgot to calculate the gastly ev's. How foolish. Sorry I will think more when I write here. The shcools here stopped and my brain with them.

And this is for kyogre35:
I found the ev guide which says that:
"Now, after all the stuff about speeding up the EV process, what if you mess up during the EV process? Perhaps you misread an EV guide and are battling the wrong Pokemon for the wrong stat. No matter how stupid it sounds, it will happen to you sooner or later. So, how do we remedy it? By lowering your EV points for one stat back to 0 so you can start over and not waste an EV points. But how do you we do that? By using 6 berries different berries that lowe a different stat, called EV berries. Each berry will lower 10 effort values in a stat." And then I read that in an other forum "the first berry reduces EVs to 100 if it was higher, otherwise they always reduce by 10." I think that the correct was that in the forum. And that said Volteon in the first page. Did you forget to say that when itreaches to 100ev's then it will be redusing only by 10 untill it reaches 0 ev's? This is fr the forum http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemondiamond/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44996338&pid=925601 and this for the guide http://www.lugias-island.net/ev.php

I thought I said it lowers the EV's to 100 if over...so I the guy thinks he has more than 100 EV's in a stat then he can just use one berry and go from having 100 EV's.

Now if he has no clue...go all the way to zero.

I'm sorry if that wasn't what I said.

PalkiaTrainer

I thought I said it lowers the EV's to 100 if over...so I the guy thinks he has more than 100 EV's in a stat then he can just use one berry and go from having 100 EV's.

Now if he has no clue...go all the way to zero.

I'm sorry if that wasn't what I said.

You said that it goes to 100 if it's over, it doesn't matter all we forget things like me in math:D. To reach to zero you will need it if you battle pokemon that does not give you the ev's you want. Or because I have this problem I recently learnt how to ev train and other legendaries that I have I wasn't ev train them when they were cought. Now are to lv88 like suicune, raiku, entei and I want to use the berries to start over with 0 ev's.;):)

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
If I give my shiny Vaporeon an Iron and it has PokeRus, does it get 10 Def EVs or does it get 20?

JosJuice

Slightly inactive
If I give my shiny Vaporeon an Iron and it has PokeRus, does it get 10 Def EVs or does it get 20?
You get 10 EVs.

PalkiaTrainer

I saw recently this question again in this forum but I don't find it anywhere. This is. I heve and I this question. We have raichu with no ev's at any stat and we give him 10 calcium but it eats only 8 or 9. Why is that happens if he hasn't taken any ev's yet ?

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
I saw recently this question again in this forum but I don't find it anywhere. This is. I heve and I this question. We have raichu with no ev's at any stat and we give him 10 calcium but it eats only 8 or 9. Why is that happens if he hasn't taken any ev's yet ?

Does that Raichu have any Exp.?

J0J0Boy

I'm about to start training my adamant Beldum, but he's level 1, and I highly don't think he would be able to kill off Level 7 Machops!
Think I should give hmi the EXP Share to hold? That way, hopefully killing off a loads of machops until I can finally kill off 252 of them xD
(As each machop gives 1 EV in attack)
Thanks !

prince_je07

Shiny Tamer
is there any sites other than gamefaqs which has a complete list of Pokemon (either numerical or not) which has all the lists of equivalent EV points and what stats they are giving them with? i think we really are in dire need of that one

prince_je07

Shiny Tamer
is there any sites other than gamefaqs which has a complete list of Pokemon (either numerical or not) which has all the lists of equivalent EV points and what stats they are giving them with? i think we really are in dire need of that one

I'm about to start training my adamant Beldum, but he's level 1, and I highly don't think he would be able to kill off Level 7 Machops!
Think I should give hmi the EXP Share to hold? That way, hopefully killing off a loads of machops until I can finally kill off 252 of them xD
(As each machop gives 1 EV in attack)
Thanks !

There are items that up the amount of EVs.

The pokedex on the main site has got a list.

Juz

Pro Trainer
Okay last night I went to a family friends house and he had Diamond on his TT or something, and he had cheats for it, so i asked his older brother to put Diamond and Pearl on my R4, so i got them, then i noticed i didn't have the shiny cheat, so i said meh, later on I was looking for a shinx when out came a Shiny starly. Is it legit or not?