• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dracaena

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_ALPHA

Hey guys, sorry for being inactive for so long with no warning. My internet cut out for about a month and I only just got it back.

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
Alright, because I feel like showing some progress let's have a nice big post from yours truly because I have been doing some behind the scenes stuff again and have not really posted unless to do the usual clerical work (adding members and what not; btw welcome back THE_ALPHA). Haven't really had much to say otherwise but as you all know I've been around the xat per usual so no harm no foul.

So below you will find in the spoilers the draft that we have been working on. But before you go and read that (if it is to your tastes) let me go over a couple key points that I think you guys should keep in mind. So pay attention, I welcome questions and comments, but if they come from not at the very least reading the bullet points I will probably give you a little bit of a hard time.

• This page represents our draft and will be edited and made more concise when we publish it. It includes our notes and is written to be detailed enough so the Leaders know what rules exist for what. True to TMK style, it is long and somewhat verbose. I don't know what else you guys would expect from me at this point.
  • The language, (e.g. names, titles, some details of the skills etc) are subject to change, being made to sound cooler. I welcome name ideas for anything that is posted as long as it fits the theme. For now, when naming ranks this is only for the Dragonite Group and we have a Dragon and Flying theme to work in.
  • Skills. I could use some ideas for some skills (esp. low level skills). Remember, everyone has access to these, so it has to be fun enough to make worthwhile, but not game breaking or make things totally unfair. A good way to think about it is, something you'd like to have, but wouldn't get pissed off if it was used by someone else or used against you.
  • Leveling. Remember when I told you all to wait to give me comments on that. Well wait no longer, that is the part that BGP and I are going to be working on for the remainder of the drafting phase, so if you have something that works or can help I am ready to hear it.
  • Other comments, criticisms, etc. Make them professional, make them constructive. I will dismiss you for anything like "boo, this sucks" or "No one battles, why bother" (the answers to both of those are "How do we make it better, smartypants?" and "Well if we have to have something might as well try to make it fun" respectively.)
  • As always we will take everything into consideration, but are not obligated to actually use any suggestions.
  • And finally, PM any of this to me, TheMourningKing, I cannot copy and paste from XAT, if you come to me in XAT, I will discuss it there but you should be prepared to send me a copy (everything is in a google document and thats where it is all saved).

Super Dracaena RPG

The Basics:
Dracaena ranks will be a dual leveling system composed of two parts the “True Level” (a number 1-XXX) and component skills such as but not limited to: “Battling”, “Trading/Pokemon Breeding”, “Tournaments – Pokemon”, “Tournaments-Other”, “Art” which are leveled up individually to form the user’s True Level.
E.G.: A user at level 10 can have a spread of: “5 Battling” and “5 Tournament” or “10 Battling” etc. (Note: this is for example purpose only!)

Players, through various activities will, in addition to EXP earn Ability Points (AP) to use on specific perks and skills in the clan; many of which are One-Time-Use.

Notes:
Limits on amount of times you can battle a person for exp per day
Must post: Opponent, score and abilities used (if any)

Skills:
Dracaena members will be able to use their earned Ability Points on various perks and abilities to assist them in a wide variety of guild related activities. Many skills will require a certain level in one or more component skills or a high enough True Level (that way those who primarily do other activities will still have access to skills unrelated to what they choose to rank in albeit at a later time). Many of the more ‘powerful’ skills will have very high AP requirements as they are designed to be used in a pinch. Leaders may dictate situations, such as certain Tournaments and events where skills of any kind cannot be used.
Examples of skills are things such as:

Skill List (tentative and may be added to and subtracted from at any time):

-Force Best of Three: for X amount of Points a user may force a Best of Three in any non-final tournament round. Can only be used once per round. (NOTE:may require this be activated prior to battle if it appears to be too cheap) Requires X level in Tournament OR X Level to use.

-Gamble: User may pay skill points prior to a battle (tournament or otherwise) and receive 1.5X experience in that stat if the user wins, but if the battle is lost EXP equal to the increased amount is lost (level can be decreased). Requires X skill in Battle or X Level

-Featured: User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art placed on the front post of the group for X number of days. Requires X skill in Art or X Level. Can only be used once per X number of days.

-Director: User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated video (Youtube) placed on the front post of the group for X number of days. Requires X skill in Art or X Level. Can only be used once per X number of days.

-Sturdy (lv. 1): User may pay skill points to earn ¼ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires X skill in Battle or X Level. Higher levels of this skill require more AP and a higher level to use.
(lv. 2) : ½ exp
(lv.3): ¾ exp

-Seed Shuffle (Pokemon): User may pay skill points to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated again. Requires X skill in Tournaments or X level.

-Seed Shuffle (Other): User may pay skill points to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated. Requires X skill in ‘other tournaments’ or X level to activate.

-Nihil: User may pay skill points to prevent the usage of any Battle or Tournament skill that affects the current match. Cost is 1.1x the number of AP used in the skill (rounded up). [Undecided if the player who is nihil’d should be charged AP, a fraction of AP, or no AP). No level restriction.

-Change Your Fate: Advanced level skill, player may pay a substantial amount of AP to select their opponent in the first round of a tournament. Cannot be activated after the first battles in a tournament have begun. If another player has used this ability during the current tournament, they and their chosen opponent are NOT ELIGIBLE for selection by others using this skill (NOTE: May edit this such that the player can choose anyone who HASN’T battled yet, depends on how it works out). Requires X level in Tournaments or X Level total to use.

Ability Points
Ability Points (AP) is used to activate the skills in the Dracaena RPG. AP will be awarded as part of regular experience-awarding activity as well as for general activity, being active on the chat, recruiting new members who make it to Tier-1, etc. This will allow us to reward users for activity without having it inflate the ranking system. Skills are not meant to be overused so gaining AP through a multitude of methods is the best way to ensure it does not take frighteningly long to gain access to all of your skills.

Classes:
After reaching a certain level the player may move into the next tier of classes. Each tier of classes will have multiple user titles reflecting specialization in a certain skill or generalist (for those who meet the Level requirement but not a specific skill requirement). Players who have specializations will have access to skills of that category earlier than those in another specialization or generalist.

The Five ‘specializations’:
Warrior: Players who have gained levels primarily through pokemon battles. Have earlier access to skills under the Warrior category than other players. (Examples of skills under the Warrior include: Gamble, Sturdy)

The Artist: Dracaena’s Artists and Producers. These members’ creative contribution has helped build and maintain the guild. Have earlier access to Artistic skills which aid in the promotion and application of their craft. (Examples of skills under the Artist include Featured, Director)

The Gladiator: Dracaena players who have great success in Tournaments showcase their abilities under the sign of the Gladiator. Players who specialize here have earlier access to skills which affect the tides of tournament play, within reason (examples of skills under the Gladiator include Force Best-of-Three, Seed Shuffle).

The Otherworld Fighter: Dracaena players who have shown great success under non-pokemon titles shine under the Otherworld Fighter. Players who specialize here have earlier access to skills which affect the tides of other tournament play, within reason (examples of skills under the Otherworld Fighter include Force Best-of-Three [other], Seed Shuffle [other]).

The Generalist: Dracaena players who have taken a balanced approach to game play. These members may rank up faster but have slower access to certain abilities. (Example of Generalist abilities include Nihil).

Class Ranks (names may change/vary between groups):
Guildmaster Tier
-(Dragon/Ice/Poison/Grass) Guildmaster:
Leaders of each individual division. Retain administrative privilege and the ability to govern the guild. Cannot use AP skills.

Tier 0:
Dracaena Rookie: New members to the guild. Veteran Members (prior to the shift) and returning members may skip this class and proceed directly to a Tier 1 class. Cannot use or earn AP. Promotes to a tier 1 class after a week of activity on thread/xat or the earning of the first skill point, whichever comes first.

Tier 1:
Dracaena Recruit/Starving Artist/Tournament Entrant etc:
Members who have just begun to develop their skill points, can earn AP and use skills within their level restrictions. These classes have no inherent abilities. Promotes to next tier of classes at level X.

Tier 3 Class: Battle/Artist/Tourney/Otherworld/Balance

Tier 4 Class: Battle/Artist/Tourney/Otherworld/Balance

Tier 5 Class: Battle/Artist/Tourney/Otherworld/Balance

Tier 6 Class: Battle/Artist/Tourney/Otherworld/Balance
--------
Tier 7 Class: Battle/Artist/Tourney/Otherworld/Balance:
First stage advanced level class. Has lower level buffs based on specialization

Tier 8 Class: Battle/Artist/Tourney/Otherworld/Balance
Second Stage advanced level. Has highest level buffs based on specialization

Leveling:
to be continued.

Last edited:

BGP_

And daniel's gone. And wowie that looks like a rank up system that is being developed! But yeah no updates for now, have a college visit tomorrow and friday, and leaving until wednesday next week so activity will be a bit limited, especially saturday-wednesday

BGP_

Hey guys, sorry i couldn't get on today, been quite busy and will be for the next few days, but if you need me just pm me! Also photobucket is dumb

WindStorm

Gamer Extraordinaire
Username: WindStorm
PO/PS, Wifi, or both: Pie-pie-Pie, Pie pie, pie.
Battling Experience: Pie.
Did anyone recommend you? If so, who? The entire clan. Also pie.
Group you want to be in: Nidoqueen Group

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥

Welcome to zee guild :3 !~ I shall add thee right now!!!~

Welcome to the clan! Hope you have fun here D:

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
The first post here must have pie and that's all it needs is pie. Pie.

And thank you for all the warm welcomes. :3

Welcome to the guild/clan! Also, you aren't all alone when the xat keeps everything during periods of inactivity (SHIFTY)

It also appears that all EG's banners for xat are broken because he has too much crap on photobucket D:

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
So, I'm probably gonna be inactive for a while because I'm kinda bored with this whole scene right now. I'm not formally leaving but I'm probably not gonna be here for a while. See you guys later, I guess.

Ishida

大典! SENTAI!!
Ishida joins the brawl! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.