• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dracaena

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some lines need to be defined for megas. Let's say somebody is doing Drayden (dragon). They use Charizard for one of their Pokemon, and they use the X Mega evolution (so fire/flying to fire/dragon). Would that count for a wildcard or for the monotype?

Another thing I was wondering about, was Steven. If a mega Aggron were to be used, would it count for the Rock/Steel type, or would it simply be a steel type?

Last edited:

BGP_

I think some lines need to be defined for megas. Let's say somebody is doing Drayden (dragon). They use Charizard for one of their Pokemon, and they use the X Mega evolution (so fire/flying to fire/dragon). Would that count for a wildcard or for the monotype?

Another thing I was wondering about, was Steven. If a mega Aggron were to be used, would it count for the Rock/Steel type, or would it simply be a steel type?
It would be the original typing, similar to how charizard functions in sky battles. I'll be sure to add that, though we're still wondering how megas will fit into this period. There was mention that maybe we should ban mega lucario since it seems very likely mega luke will get the hammer on smogon but dunno.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Saying as classes have started for me (at least online), I am going to be less active.

Updated Diantha's rule, trying to find a happy medium/rule somehow lol

I dont think I like that rule for Diantha. It should be /maybe/ a 5 kalos dex - 1 wild card to keep with the theme going with the gym leaders.

I could do that, but tbh the kalos dex is massive so it's not exactly a huge limit on her choices.

Alright, I can live with that. If we weren't forbidding Legendaries, I would argue that this restriction on Diantha would put whomever chooses to play as her at a severe disadvantage against a team with Keldeo or Genesect, considering their top counters are Pokebank exclusive.

On the topic of excluding Lucarionite from the tourney, although I'm somewhat hesitant to stray from official Smogon tiers, since Lucarionite's banning is almost certain to happen, I'd be fine with this. I don't think there is any rule against this in Serebii's ruleset either. Correct me if I'm wrong?

BGP_

Alright, I can live with that. If we weren't forbidding Legendaries, I would argue that this restriction on Diantha would put whomever chooses to play as her at a severe disadvantage against a team with Keldeo or Genesect, considering their top counters are Pokebank exclusive.

On the topic of excluding Lucarionite from the tourney, although I'm somewhat hesitant to stray from official Smogon tiers, since Lucarionite's banning is almost certain to happen, I'd be fine with this. I don't think there is any rule against this in Serebii's ruleset either. Correct me if I'm wrong?
We can make up whatever rules we want!

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Did pretty well at VGC, got into to the Top 8.

BGP_

I have a proposal for the PWT rules. Would anyone be opposed to adding the E4 to the mix? Obviously we would need to distinguish them, so I was thinking they must use 4 pokemon of their type, but the other 2 pokemon must come from their region. Up for suggestions on the topic, I know the E4 weren't in the PWT and we didn't include them the first time, so this is a gray area. Have to see if anyone would like adding them for more choice.

I have a proposal for the PWT rules. Would anyone be opposed to adding the E4 to the mix? Obviously we would need to distinguish them, so I was thinking they must use 4 pokemon of their type, but the other 2 pokemon must come from their region. Up for suggestions on the topic, I know the E4 weren't in the PWT and we didn't include them the first time, so this is a gray area. Have to see if anyone would like adding them for more choice.

Sounds great.

king_fross

Reading your destiny

only seems fair tbh. people would have more choices to choose from and less likely for people to choose the same people. Also, the rules for them sound great as well.

BGP_

So now we need to finalize rules and get the PWT Bracket art ready, then we should be all set!
Edit:
  1. Tier: XY OU (No ubers, applies to rule 3)
  2. No Legendary Pokemon (applies to rule 3)
  3. You must choose at least 1 pokemon that your character has used at some point in the core game series(the main handheld games), be it the original match, a rematch, PWT, etc. This rule applies to every character in some way. This can count towards your wildcard or your monotype.
  4. All gym leaders will be allowed ONE wildcard. The Elite Four will be allowed TWO wildcards, but those two pokemon must be from the region that they are listed under. Champions will have their own rules.
  5. Mega Pokemon count as their original typing if they have a type change upon evolving.
  6. Standard Clauses (Shouldn't be a problem on PS)
  7. Must follow each leader/champion's specific rules
  8. When signing up, choose your top 5 preferred characters in the order of preference.
Gym Leaders
*All Leaders' Pokemon are shown in link*
Brock - Rock
Misty - Water
Lt. Surge - Electric
Erika - Grass
Sabrina - Psychic
Blaine - Fire
Giovanni - Ground
Falkner - Flying
Bugsy - Bug
Whitney - Normal
Morty - Ghost
Chuck - Fighting
Jasmine - Steel
Pryce - Ice
Clair - Dragon
Janine - Poison
Roxanne - Rock
Brawly - Fighting
Wattson - Electric
Flannery - Fire
Norman - Normal
Winona - Flying
Tate - Psychic
Liza - Psychic
Juan - Water
Roark - Rock
Gardenia - Grass
Fantina - Ghost
Maylene - Fighting
Wake - Water
Byron - Steel
Candice - Ice
Volkner - Electric
Cheren - Normal
Roxie - Poison
Burgh - Bug
Elesa - Electric
Clay - Ground
Skyla - Flying
Drayden - Dragon
Marlon - Water
Chili - Fire
Cress - Water
Cilan - Grass
Lenora - Normal
Brycen - Ice
Viola - Bug
Grant - Rock
Korrina - Fighting
Ramos - Grass
Clemont - Electric
Valerie - Fairy
Olympia - Psychic
Wulfric - Ice
NEW! - Elite Four
*All Elites' Pokemon shown in link*
Lorelei - Ice
Bruno - Fighting
Agatha - Ghost
Koga - Poison (we're calling him kanto cuz tmk said so and he's from kanto)
Will - Psychic
Karen - Dark
Sidney - Dark
Phoebe - Ghost
Glacia - Ice
Drake - Dragon
Aaron - Bug
Bertha - Ground
Flint - Fire
Lucian - Psychic
Shauntal - Ghost
Marshal - Fighting
Grimsley - Dark
Caitlin - Psychic
Wikstrom - Steel
Malva - Fire
Drasna - Dragon
Siebold - Water
Champions
*All Champions' Pokemon shown in link*
Blue - Must not use a type more than once on the team. Also, must use one of the three kanto starter pokemon lines, as well as another pokemon he's used before. (so basically, 2 used pokemon, but at least one has to be a kanto starter).
Updated: Lance - Monotype dragon with 2 wildcards. One must be from Kanto, the other from Johto. Must use one of his pokemon.
Red - 1 fire starter, 1 water starter, 1 grass starter, and 1 electric type. 2 wildcards.
Updated: Steven -2 Steel, 2 Rock. Must use one of his pokemon. The rest are wildcards. If you use a steel/rock, counts for both.
Wallace - Monotype water, must use one of his pokemon. 1 Wildcard.
Cynthia - Must not use a type more than once on the team. Also, must use either spiritomb, garchomp, or lucario (only 3 pokemon she's used in all of her battles) as well as another pokemon she's used before. (so basically, 2 used pokemon, but at least one has to be one of the listed 3)
Updated: Alder - Must use at least 3 bug types. One of the other 3 pokemon must be a non-bug type pokemon he has used before, even if you use a bug type pokemon he has used. The other 2 are wildcards.
NEW!: Iris - Must use at least 3 dragon types (one has to be haxorus, doesn't count as using one of her pokemon). Other 3 are wildcards.
NEW!: Diantha - Must use gardevoir, the other 5 pokemon must be kalos dex only pokemon. Not kalos only, kalos DEX. One of the 5 must be another one of her pokemon.
As far as the Kalos leaders and elites go, I'm really debating on helping them out a little. Their selections are truthfully garbage for the most part, so I'm thinking about adjusting their rules a little to assist them in their troubles. Maybe...

Last edited:

RifleAvenger

See you starside
Just checking in. Current class is rather difficult, so I'm sorry I cannot be around more often.

scizor64

"sciz"
So now we need to finalize rules and get the PWT Bracket art ready, then we should be all set!
Edit:
  1. Tier:XY OU (No ubers, applies to rule 3)
  2. No Legendary Pokemon (applies to rule 3)
  3. You must choose at least 1 pokemon that your character has used at some point in the core game series(the main handheld games), be it the original match, a rematch, PWT, etc. This rule applies to every character in some way. This can count towards your wildcard or your monotype.
  4. All gym leaders will be allowed ONE wildcard. The Elite Four will be allowed TWO wildcards, but those two pokemon must be from the region that they are listed under. Champions will have their own rules.
  5. Standard Clauses (Shouldn't be a problem on PS)
  6. Must follow each leader/champion's specific rules
  7. When signing up, choose your top 5 preferred characters in the order of preference.
Gym Leaders
*All Leaders' Pokemon are shown in link*
Brock - Rock
Misty - Water
Lt. Surge - Electric
Erika - Grass
Sabrina - Psychic
Blaine - Fire
Giovanni - Ground
Falkner - Flying
Bugsy - Bug
Whitney - Normal
Morty - Ghost
Chuck - Fighting
Jasmine - Steel
Pryce - Ice
Clair - Dragon
Janine - Poison
Roxanne - Rock
Brawly - Fighting
Wattson - Electric
Flannery - Fire
Norman - Normal
Winona - Flying
Tate - Psychic
Liza - Psychic
Juan - Water
Roark - Rock
Gardenia - Grass
Fantina - Ghost
Maylene - Fighting
Wake - Water
Byron - Steel
Candice - Ice
Volkner - Electric
Cheren - Normal
Roxie - Poison
Burgh - Bug
Elesa - Electric
Clay - Ground
Skyla - Flying
Drayden - Dragon
Marlon - Water
Chili - Fire
Cress - Water
Cilan - Grass
Lenora - Normal
Brycen - Ice
Viola - Bug
Grant - Rock
Korrina - Fighting
Ramos - Grass
Clemont - Electric
Valerie - Fairy
Olympia - Psychic
Wulfric - Ice
NEW! - Elite Four
*All Elites' Pokemon shown in link*
Lorelei - Ice
Bruno - Fighting
Agatha - Ghost
Koga - Poison (we're calling him kanto cuz tmk said so and he's from kanto)
Will - Psychic
Karen - Dark
Sidney - Dark
Phoebe - Ghost
Glacia - Ice
Drake - Dragon
Aaron - Bug
Bertha - Ground
Flint - Fire
Lucian - Psychic
Shauntal - Ghost
Marshal - Fighting
Grimsley - Dark
Caitlin - Psychic
Wikstrom - Steel
Malva - Fire
Drasna - Dragon
Siebold - Water
Champions
*All Champions' Pokemon shown in link*
Blue - Must not use a type more than once on the team. Also, must use one of the three kanto starter pokemon lines, as well as another pokemon he's used before. (so basically, 2 used pokemon, but at least one has to be a kanto starter).
Lance - Monotype dragon. Must use one of his pokemon. 1 Wildcard.
Red - 1 fire starter, 1 water starter, 1 grass starter, and 1 electric type. 2 wildcards.
Updated: Steven -2 Steel, 2 Rock. Must use one of his pokemon. The rest are wildcards. If you use a steel/rock, counts for both.
Wallace - Monotype water, must use one of his pokemon. 1 Wildcard.
Cynthia - Must not use a type more than once on the team. Also, must use either spiritomb, garchomp, or lucario (only 3 pokemon she's used in all of her battles) as well as another pokemon she's used before. (so basically, 2 used pokemon, but at least one has to be one of the listed 3)
Updated: Alder - Must use at least 3 bug types. One of the other 3 pokemon must be a non-bug type pokemon he has used before. The other 2 are wildcards.
NEW!: Iris - Must use at least 3 dragon types (one has to be haxorus, counts as using one of her pokemon). Other 3 are wildcards.
NEW!: Diantha - Must use gardevoir, the other 5 pokemon must be kalos dex only pokemon. Not kalos only, kalos DEX. One of the 5 must be another one of her pokemon.
As far as the Kalos leaders and elites go, I'm really debating on helping them out a little. Their selections are truthfully garbage for the most part, so I'm thinking about adjusting their rules a little to assist them in their troubles. Maybe...

Signing Up:
1. Clair
2. Glacia
3. Norman
4. Will
5. Koga

BGP_

Signing Up:
1. Clair
2. Glacia
3. Norman
4. Will
5. Koga
Sign Ups haven't started yet :p Besides I'll probably have them in the tournament thread, and have people PM me their lists.

Edit:
I got it again!!! Now to finalize rules and debate on the Kalos stuff!
PWTTestTemplate_zps5f0ece18.png
Edit2: Proposal for the Kalos people. Given their really poor selections, I was thinking (maybe) the gym leaders only needing 4 of their type, 1 kalos mon (not dex), and 1 wildcard, while the elites only need 3 of their type and the rest kalos mons (not dex). We can keep them the same as the other leaders/elites if so desired, but go through and look at their used pokemon and you'll see what i mean regarding their "immense" and "incredible" selections. Updated the champions a little more, still thinking about tweaks. Lance was updated to make him less boring and more in tune with most of his matches, and Iris was slightly tweaked. I think I'll leave them as is besides the possible change for Kalos people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.