• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dracaena

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for the medal system. And Ty go to xat!!!

So BGP is thinking a MK7 tourney before a KIU tourney.

And here are what are likely going to be the rules for the MK7 tourney:

4 players per race
Top 2 advance to the next match. (Or maybe 2 man team race, with the team accumulating the most points moving on)
All items on

Each of the 4 players will choose a stage from the following:
Cheep cheep Beach
Shy Guy Bazaar
Music park
Rock Rock Mountain
Piranha Plant Slide
Wario Shipyard
Rosalina's Ice World
Rainbow Road

Mushroom Gorge
Luigi's mansion
Koopa Beach
Coconut Mall
DK Pass
Daisy Cruiser
Koopa Cape
Airship Fortress

and then agree on an order for the stages. Then play the stages in that order.

And yeah, BGP is prolly in charge of this though.

BGP_

So BGP is thinking a MK7 tourney before a KIU tourney.

And here are what are likely going to be the rules for the MK7 tourney:

4 players per race
Top 2 advance to the next match. (Or maybe 2 man team race, with the team accumulating the most points moving on)
All items on

Each of the 4 players will choose a stage from the following:
Cheep cheep Beach
Shy Guy Bazaar
Music park
Rock Rock Mountain
Piranha Plant Slide
Wario Shipyard
Rosalina's Ice World
Rainbow Road

Mushroom Gorge
Luigi's mansion
Koopa Beach
Coconut Mall
DK Pass
Daisy Cruiser
Koopa Cape
Airship Fortress

and then agree on an order for the stages. Then play the stages in that order.

And yeah, BGP is prolly in charge of this though.
im in charge of everything and everyone besides purple! With that being said, expect to see something like this if we do a mario kart tourney!

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
i think it would work better if u got somebody else to lead the revolution

i like this idea, while i dont want to use it for rank ups maybe you guys will think different, but i want to use it somehow. Obviously this is just a first drafted idea and way more things could be added over time and changed, but yeah.

You know one of the issues with the ranking system is that they really do not represent the strength of the battling core. While they are a great way to bring up activity when a clan has first started, in older clans like this the truth is we don't use it and don't set store by it. So I think we should ultimately do away with a ranking system as we know it all together.

Instead of the ranking system it may be interesting to give the members a variety of different "Titles" to choose from which rather than being some arbitrary rank. This would allow users to have a more personalized experience, being able to reward particular members with "custom" titles if you really want. It would remove the need for leaders to manage the amounts of credits or even bother to sort the members. And since no one uses the shops in an official capacity these credits and ranks just seem like a vestige of a dying era. We could even eventually add a "Hall of Fame" to reward member accomplishments as well (such as winning war battles, tourneys, being around for ages on end).

In short, the fact that a system isn't used despite multiple revisions suggests that it is unnecessary, we don't need petty ranks to generate activity because we have been around for 3 years and have been able to do so without it. We are going to have a credits problem no matter what the system is, since no one uses it. Nix the whole thing, make some really cool ranks for members of each group to choose and implement a Hall of Fame if you really feel the need to pat people on the back.

BGP_

You know one of the issues with the ranking system is that they really do not represent the strength of the battling core. While they are a great way to bring up activity when a clan has first started, in older clans like this the truth is we don't use it and don't set store by it. So I think we should ultimately do away with a ranking system as we know it all together.

Instead of the ranking system it may be interesting to give the members a variety of different "Titles" to choose from which rather than being some arbitrary rank. This would allow users to have a more personalized experience, being able to reward particular members with "custom" titles if you really want. It would remove the need for leaders to manage the amounts of credits or even bother to sort the members. And since no one uses the shops in an official capacity these credits and ranks just seem like a vestige of a dying era. We could even eventually add a "Hall of Fame" to reward member accomplishments as well (such as winning war battles, tourneys, being around for ages on end).

In short, the fact that a system isn't used despite multiple revisions suggests that it is unnecessary, we don't need petty ranks to generate activity because we have been around for 3 years and have been able to do so without it. We are going to have a credits problem no matter what the system is, since no one uses it. Nix the whole thing, make some really cool ranks for members of each group to choose and implement a Hall of Fame if you really feel the need to pat people on the back.
i kinda like the thought process here, but i dont wanna ditch it completely yet. I wanna see about something first for the people that do care about it, but if not then we may just figure an alternative out

BGP_

blobman94

Feelin' The Flow

so basically hall of fame=blob :3

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Username: Don't bother with that.
PO, Wifi, or both: Pofi
Battling Experience: Seriously, why do you still ask?
Did anyone recommend you? If so, who?: The whole clan =D
Group you want to be in: Back to purp's group~

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥
Username: Don't bother with that.
PO, Wifi, or both: Pofi
Battling Experience: Seriously, why do you still ask?
Did anyone recommend you? If so, who?: The whole clan =D
Group you want to be in: Back to purp's group~

Yaaaaaay welcome back!!!!! :3

BGP_

As soon as master and quake finish their battle for the PU tourney, i'm going to put up a poll to decide on which non pokemon tourney we're going to do, and we might do a really small pokemon one too

Status
Not open for further replies.