• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dracaena

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGP_

king_fross

Reading your destiny
so uh yeah, I hope this new rank up system won't be completely dumb and that it will actually help me to finally rank up in this guild. I haven't gotten one rank in my 2+ years here. >_>

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
I'll post the new rank stuff i'm describing on xat in a sec here.
Also, you guys should join combatant's cup. I lead a team there, and I kinda won last year so you're looking at a reigning champion. Yeah, go join now.

No he won't because I will, I had planned to finish this up tonight but I forgot that I had other obligations (damn you, real life!!!), so in spoilers is the over view of what is going on for the new rank up system, to be frank all I have to do is just polish it so it is easy to read, and pick at what levels each ability is going to be available yet (for balancing, these numbers will change as we go along anyways). And naturally this allows for more stuff to be added as we go along anyways...

Leveling UP:
Players earn experience points in four skills based on guild activities to raise their skill level. Each skill is leveled up individually and the combined total is the players Total level. The four skills are:
Battling
Pokemon Tournaments
Other Tournaments
Art and Creative Contributions

Skills and Ability Points:
As players level up, they earn access to various skills which can help in a variety of ways in the guild. Skills are unlocked upon reaching a certain skill level in a particular ability OR by reaching a certain total level.

By participating in guild activities, events, and for other miscellaneous activities players can earn Ability Points (AP) which can be spent on abilities of their level. A list of abilities is listed later in this post. Note that in certain guild sponsored events use of skills may be restricted or banned.

Ranks:
Each group is divided into nine tiers from 0-8. Currently we only have banners for general tiers. (okay we dont have these yet either...) In the future the tiers will be divided to reflect specializations.

Water/Poison/Grass/Dragon GuildMaster: GuildMaster is the exclusive rank and title for the leaders of each individual group. BestGamePearl, Purple_BlitzXD, Hiro_, and TheMourningKing only.

Tier 8
Tier 7
Tier 6
Tier 5
Tier 4
Tier 3
Tier 2
Tier 1
Tier 0 - The zero tier is a one week probation rank. Players must be active on thread or chat. All EXP gained during this period will be banked and awarded following promotion to Tier 1

Skill List
In the spoiler is a list of the current abilities available to members of Dracaena with a brief description of its effects and Level Requirements. List of skills, their effects, and cost are subject to change and update at any time.

-Force Best of Three: for X amount of Points a user may force a Best of Three in any non-final tournament round. Can only be used once per round. (NOTE:may require this be activated prior to battle if it appears to be too cheap) Requires X level in Tournament OR X Level to use.

-Gamble: User may pay skill points prior to a battle (tournament or otherwise) and receive 1.5X experience in the appropriate stat if the user wins, but if the battle is lost EXP equal to the increased (1.5X the EXP that would have been won) amount is lost (level can be decreased). Requires X skill in Battle or X Level

-Featured: User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art placed on the front post of the group for X number of days. Requires X skill in Art or X Level. Can only be used once per X number of days.

-Director: User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated video (Youtube) placed on the front post of the group for X number of days. Requires X skill in Art or X Level. Can only be used once per X number of days.

-Sturdy (lv. 1): User may pay skill points to earn ¼ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires X skill in Battle or X Level. Higher levels of this skill require more AP and a higher level to use.

-Sturdy (lv. 2): User may pay skill points to earn ½ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires X skill in Battle or X Level.

-Sturdy (lv. 3): User may pay skill points to earn ¾ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires X skill in Battle or X Level.

-Seed Shuffle (Pokemon): User may pay skill points to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated again. Requires X skill in Tournaments or X level.

-Seed Shuffle (Other): User may pay skill points to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated. Requires X skill in ‘other tournaments’ or X level to activate.

-Nihil: User may pay skill points to prevent the usage of any Battle or Tournament skill that affects the current match. Cost is 1.5x the number of AP used in the skill (rounded up). [Undecided if the player who is affected by nihil should be charged AP, a fraction of AP, or no AP). No level restriction.

-Change Your Fate: Advanced level skill, player may pay a substantial amount of AP to select their opponent in the first round of a tournament. Cannot be activated after the first battles in a tournament have begun. If another player has used this ability during the current tournament, they and their chosen opponent are NOT ELIGIBLE for selection by others using this skill (NOTE: May edit this such that the player can choose anyone who HASN’T battled yet, depends on how it works out). Requires X level in Tournaments or X Level total to use.

-

So basically what you are seeing is the published part, the mechanics of which I have documented elsewhere. What I am struggling to do is balance the EXP (of which I have been digging through BGP's notes to wrap my head around, as well as when to unlock each skill, and the AP cost of each (since I don't know in practice how quickly AP can be gained, so we may go through some trial and error for a while to get some balance). I am also still not fond of the names for the ranks, but that is the least of my worries right now XD.

Naturally we plan to add more skills and things to the system after it goes live since it allows for us to make updates and do other things not expressly written here. Its a shame that things have been so busy and that I have been unable to properly finish up. I am probably about as frustrated in myself as you all are in me, to which I must, for the billionth time it seems, apologize.

Best regards,
TMK

Last edited:

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥
No he won't because I will, I had planned to finish this up tonight but I forgot that I had other obligations (damn you, real life!!!), so in spoilers is the over view of what is going on for the new rank up system, to be frank all I have to do is just polish it so it is easy to read, and pick at what levels each ability is going to be available yet (for balancing, these numbers will change as we go along anyways). And naturally this allows for more stuff to be added as we go along anyways...

Leveling UP:
Players earn experience points in four skills based on guild activities to raise their skill level. Each skill is leveled up individually and the combined total is the players Total level. The four skills are:
Battling
Pokemon Tournaments
Other Tournaments

As players level up, they earn access to various skills which can help in a variety of ways in the guild. Skills are unlocked upon reaching a certain skill level in a particular ability OR by reaching a certain total level.

By participating in guild activities, events, and for other miscellaneous activities players can earn Ability Points (AP) which can be spent on abilities of their level. A list of abilities is listed later in this post. Note that in certain guild sponsored events use of skills may be restricted or banned.

Ranks:
Each group is divided into nine tiers from 0-8. Currently we only have banners for general tiers. (okay we dont have these yet either...) In the future the tiers will be divided to reflect specializations.

Water/Poison/Grass/Dragon GuildMaster: GuildMaster is the exclusive rank and title for the leaders of each individual group. BestGamePearl, Purple_BlitzXD, Hiro_, and TheMourningKing only.

Tier 8
Tier 7
Tier 6
Tier 5
Tier 4
Tier 3
Tier 2
Tier 1
Tier 0 - The zero tier is a one week probation rank. Players must be active on thread or chat. All EXP gained during this period will be banked and awarded following promotion to Tier 1

Skill List
In the spoiler is a list of the current abilities available to members of Dracaena with a brief description of its effects and Level Requirements. List of skills, their effects, and cost are subject to change and update at any time.

-Force Best of Three: for X amount of Points a user may force a Best of Three in any non-final tournament round. Can only be used once per round. (NOTE:may require this be activated prior to battle if it appears to be too cheap) Requires X level in Tournament OR X Level to use.

-Gamble: User may pay skill points prior to a battle (tournament or otherwise) and receive 1.5X experience in the appropriate stat if the user wins, but if the battle is lost EXP equal to the increased (1.5X the EXP that would have been won) amount is lost (level can be decreased). Requires X skill in Battle or X Level

-Featured: User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art placed on the front post of the group for X number of days. Requires X skill in Art or X Level. Can only be used once per X number of days.

-Director: User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated video (Youtube) placed on the front post of the group for X number of days. Requires X skill in Art or X Level. Can only be used once per X number of days.

-Sturdy (lv. 1): User may pay skill points to earn ¼ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires X skill in Battle or X Level. Higher levels of this skill require more AP and a higher level to use.

-Sturdy (lv. 2): User may pay skill points to earn ½ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires X skill in Battle or X Level.

-Sturdy (lv. 3): User may pay skill points to earn ¾ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires X skill in Battle or X Level.

-Seed Shuffle (Pokemon): User may pay skill points to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated again. Requires X skill in Tournaments or X level.

-Seed Shuffle (Other): User may pay skill points to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated. Requires X skill in ‘other tournaments’ or X level to activate.

-Nihil: User may pay skill points to prevent the usage of any Battle or Tournament skill that affects the current match. Cost is 1.1x the number of AP used in the skill (rounded up). [Undecided if the player who is affected by nihil should be charged AP, a fraction of AP, or no AP). No level restriction.

-Change Your Fate: Advanced level skill, player may pay a substantial amount of AP to select their opponent in the first round of a tournament. Cannot be activated after the first battles in a tournament have begun. If another player has used this ability during the current tournament, they and their chosen opponent are NOT ELIGIBLE for selection by others using this skill (NOTE: May edit this such that the player can choose anyone who HASN’T battled yet, depends on how it works out). Requires X level in Tournaments or X Level total to use.

-

So basically what you are seeing is the published part, the mechanics of which I have documented elsewhere. What I am struggling to do is balance the EXP (of which I have been digging through BGP's notes to wrap my head around, as well as when to unlock each skill, and the AP cost of each (since I don't know in practice how quickly AP can be gained, so we may go through some trial and error for a while to get some balance). I am also still not fond of the names for the ranks, but that is the least of my worries right now XD.

Naturally we plan to add more skills and things to the system after it goes live since it allows for us to make updates and do other things not expressly written here. Its a shame that things have been so busy and that I have been unable to properly finish up. I am probably about as frustrated in myself as you all are in me, to which I must, for the billionth time it seems, apologize.

Best regards,
TMK

Just read it over and I am totally loving this new rank up system. D:
Good morning everyone :3 !!!~

king_fross

Reading your destiny

Leveling UP:
Battling
Pokemon Tournaments
Other Tournaments

Ranks:

Tier 8
Tier 7
Tier 6
Tier 5
Tier 4
Tier 3
Tier 2
Tier 1

Skill List

-Nihil: User may pay skill points to prevent the usage of any Battle or Tournament skill that affects the current match. Cost is 1.5x the number of AP used in the skill (rounded up). [Undecided if the player who is affected by nihil should be charged AP, a fraction of AP, or no AP). No level restriction.

-

Best regards,
TMK

I have read this as well, and it appears to be a decent rank up system. I'll just have to get used to battling again even though I'm not in a pokemon mood atm. lmao

BigDaddy D

You're on thin ice
Hi guys!
Look who's here, your friend BDD. So you all should add me on that Nintendo Network thingy tht some genius in Washington decided would be a good idea... Sinnohman. Add me.

BGP_

Hi guys!
Look who's here, your friend BDD. So you all should add me on that Nintendo Network thingy tht some genius in Washington decided would be a good idea... Sinnohman. Add me.
Freakin wifi hacker you are :(
Hey btw people, my team actually won a few battles. The world is ending as we know it, I won battles.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Maybe this new rankup system will get me motivated enough to start playing competitive Pokemon again.

luxuryball168

Hey guys I'm back, I don't know if any of you remember me, but I was on this site on my iPod which broke, however I'm now here with a sparkly new iPad! I had literally just joined recently when it broke, so I hadn't really done anything, but I'm just wondering, am I still part of the clan? I know you guys are big on loyalty so I'm very sorry if I have come across as disloyal. If I'm not still a member, that's fine, but I'd be thrilled if I was! I'm not much good at competitive battling but I'm a fast learner!

BGP_

Hey guys I'm back, I don't know if any of you remember me, but I was on this site on my iPod which broke, however I'm now here with a sparkly new iPad! I had literally just joined recently when it broke, so I hadn't really done anything, but I'm just wondering, am I still part of the clan? I know you guys are big on loyalty so I'm very sorry if I have come across as disloyal. If I'm not still a member, that's fine, but I'd be thrilled if I was! I'm not much good at competitive battling but I'm a fast learner!
No problem, we're about to redo our ranks and stuff so we'll make sure you're on the list!

luxuryball168

Thanks a lot! I can't remember which group I was in, does that matter or should i just choose a new one?

luxuryball168

Okay then, I guess I'll join Lapras!

RifleAvenger

See you starside
Any estimated time of arrival for the new system? Just curious, since I doubt I'll be raring to go at it between a high level course and lots of other things I need to take care of this month.

luxuryball168

Thank you! I'll try to be as active as possible, but this month I have a few things that count for a high portion go my GCSE grade, so I have quite a bit of work to do! I hate revising :(

BGP_

Any estimated time of arrival for the new system? Just curious, since I doubt I'll be raring to go at it between a high level course and lots of other things I need to take care of this month.
The system itself is pretty much ready, just need to finish up a few specific earning things I think. Other than that, we still need to roll out the new art for the 2 returning groups and the 2 new ones.

scizor64

"sciz"
Well seeing as since I havent posted since the 1st of January, i should prob post some update or something.

It has been about a year since I joined drac and am very happy with the friends i have made here and the good times ive had on the xat. Keep on being awesome guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.