• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dracaena

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGP_

In case you people decide you're war worthy again, there's a new war rule thanks to people ruining nice things and convenience.

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
Please read this post for two very Important guild announcements.

So first let me start off by officially announcing that after some discussion with BGP and Purp, we have decided that we needed some extra help with the management of our Celebi group and it was time for the addition of a new leader.

That being said it is my pleasure (and I did ask for the honors) to announce Astral Shadow as the newest Guildmaster of the Celebi Group!!! Congratulations, you certainly deserved this promotion far earlier than we managed to give it to you

Our friend Hiro is not to be forgotten as he will stay on board as a Legacy Leader in an advisory capacity should he decide to return to activity. At that time we will present him with his own rank and he will retain his gold pawn on the chat as a token of our of appreciation and respect for one of the most senior (in terms of time with the guild) members of Dracaena.

In addition to that I can think of no better time to officially unveil our new rank up system which will go live beginning tomorrow when I can take the time to over haul my front post. Some changes will go into effect:

• The title Leader has been changed to "GuildMaster"
  • The Groups are now monotype and will be named accordingly: Water, Poison, Dragon and Grass
  • Players will be able to level up in four areas, Battling, Creative, Pokemon Tournaments and Other Game Tournaments.
  • Players can unlock Skills through leveling up and use them to alter some part of the experience
  • Ranks now go from Tier 0 - Tier 8 (names to be changed later), with tier 0 being a probation rank for new members (so this effects none of you now).
  • The skill list will be expanded upon as new ideas come forth and people start reaching higher levels.

Everything here is in an open beta, and we will be making edits and adjustments to make sure everything stays balanced and is not abused. I ask you to bear with us as we make these adjustments. And yes artwork and new user bars will be coming but they take time to get done!

We reserve the right to alter, change and modify any of the aspects of this at any time and will do so as necessary.

Leveling UP:
Players earn experience points in four skills based on guild activities to raise their skill level. Each skill is leveled up individually and the combined (additive) total is the players Total level. The four skills are:
Battling
Pokemon Tournaments
Other Tournaments

Art and Creative Contributions

Total Level is used primarily for allowing users to use skills from all disciplines (albeit at a higher cost). For wars and other events, the relevant skill level may viewed as more important than a higher over all level
Players start with a total level of 4: 1 level in each skill. Maximum Skill level is 50

Skills and Ability Points:
As players level up, they earn access to various skills which can help in a variety of ways in the guild. Skills are unlocked upon reaching a certain skill level in a particular ability OR by reaching a certain total level.

By participating in guild activities, events, and for other miscellaneous activities players can earn Ability Points(AP) which can be spent on abilities of their level. A list of abilities is listed later in this post. Note that in certain guild sponsored events use of skills may be restricted or banned.

Ranks:
Each group is divided into nine tiers from 0-8. Currently we only have banners for general tiers. In the future the tiers will be divided to reflect specializations.

Ice/Poison/Grass/Dragon GuildMaster:GuildMaster is the exclusive rank and title for the leaders of each individual group. BestGamePearl, Purple_BlitzXD, Astral_Shadow, and TheMourningKing only.

Tier 8

Tier 7
Tier 6
Tier 5
Tier 4
Tier 3
Tier 2
Tier 1
Tier 0 - The zero tier is a one week probation rank. Players must be active on thread or chat. All EXP gained during this period will be banked and awarded following promotion to Tier 1

Skill List
In the spoiler is a list of the current abilities available to members of Dracaena with a brief description of its effects and Level Requirements. List of skills, their effects, and cost are subject to change and update at any time.

-Force Best of Three: The user may pay AP to force a Best of Three in any non-final tournament round. Can only be used once per round. (NOTE:may require this be activated prior to battle if it appears to be too cheap) Requires 5 level in Tournament OR 15 Level to use.

-Gamble:User may pay AP prior to a battle (tournament or otherwise) and receive 1.5X experience in the appropriate stat if the user wins, but if the battle is lost EXP equal to the increased (1.5X the EXP that would have been won) amount is lost (level can be decreased). Requires 10 skill in Battle or 30 Level

-Featured: User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art or video content placed on the front post of the group for 3 days. Requires 5 skill in Art or X Level. Can only be used once per 14 number of days. User is responsible for hosting, and all submissions must be appropriate and adhere to all Serebii rules, failure to do so can result in disciplinary action.

-Featured (lv. 2): User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art or video content placed on the front post of the group for 7 days. Requires 10 skill in Art or 30 Level. Can only be used once per 14 number of days. User is responsible for hosting, and all submissions must be appropriate and adhere to all Serebii rules, failure to do so can result in disciplinary action.

-Featured (lv. 3): User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art or video content placed on the front post of the group for 14 days. Requires 20 skill in Art or 60 Level. Can only be used once per 14 number of days. User is responsible for hosting, and all submissions must be appropriate and adhere to all Serebii rules, failure to do so can result in disciplinary action.

-Sturdy (lv. 1):User may pay AP to earn ¼ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires 5 skill in Battle or 15 Level. Higher levels of this skill require more AP and a higher level to use.

-Sturdy (lv. 2):User may pay AP to earn ½ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires 10 skill in Battle or 30 Level.

-Sturdy (lv. 3):User may pay AP to earn ¾ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires 20 skill in Battle or 60 Level.

-Seed Shuffle (Pokemon):User may pay AP to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated again. Requires 15 skill in Tournaments or 45 level.

-Seed Shuffle (Other):User may pay AP to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated. Requires 15 skill in ‘other tournaments’ or 45 level to activate.

-Nihil: User may pay skill points to prevent the usage of any Battle or Tournament skill that affects the current match. Cost is 1.1x the number of AP used in the skill (rounded up). The player affected is NOT charged AP for this. No level restriction.

-Change Your Fate: Advanced level skill, player may pay a substantial amount of AP to select their opponent in the first round of a tournament. Cannot be activated after the first battles in a tournament have begun. If another player has used this ability during the current tournament, they and their chosen opponent are NOT ELIGIBLE for selection by others using this skill (NOTE: May edit this such that the player can choose anyone who HASN’T battled yet, depends on how it works out).Requires X level in Tournaments or X Level total to use-TMK's note, this is going to be a very high level skill so I will edit this at a later date.

Last edited:

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥
Please read this post for two very Important guild announcements.

So first let me start off by officially announcing that after some discussion with BGP and Purp, we have decided that we needed some extra help with the management of our Celebi group and it was time for the addition of a new leader.

That being said it is my pleasure (and I did ask for the honors) to announce Astral Shadow as the newest Guildmaster of the Celebi Group!!! Congratulations, you certainly deserved this promotion far earlier than we managed to give it to you

Our friend Hiro is not to be forgotten as he will stay on board as a Legacy Leader in an advisory capacity should he decide to return to activity. At that time we will present him with his own rank and he will retain his gold pawn on the chat as a token of our of appreciation and respect for one of the most senior (in terms of time with the guild) members of Dracaena.

In addition to that I can think of no better time to officially unveil our new rank up system which will go live beginning tomorrow when I can take the time to over haul my front post. Some changes will go into effect:

• The title Leader has been changed to "GuildMaster"
  • The Groups are now monotype and will be named accordingly: Water, Poison, Dragon and Grass
  • Players will be able to level up in four areas, Battling, Creative, Pokemon Tournaments and Other Game Tournaments.
  • Players can unlock Skills through leveling up and use them to alter some part of the experience
  • Ranks now go from Tier 0 - Tier 8 (names to be changed later), with tier 0 being a probation rank for new members (so this effects none of you now).
  • The skill list will be expanded upon as new ideas come forth and people start reaching higher levels.

Everything here is in an open beta, and we will be making edits and adjustments to make sure everything stays balanced and is not abused. I ask you to bear with us as we make these adjustments. And yes artwork and new user bars will be coming but they take time to get done!

We reserve the right to alter, change and modify any of the aspects of this at any time and will do so as necessary.

Leveling UP:
Players earn experience points in four skills based on guild activities to raise their skill level. Each skill is leveled up individually and the combined (additive) total is the players Total level. The four skills are:
Battling
Pokemon Tournaments
Other Tournaments

Art and Creative Contributions

Total Level is used primarily for allowing users to use skills from all disciplines (albeit at a higher cost). For wars and other events, the relevant skill level may viewed as more important than a higher over all level
Players start with a total level of 4: 1 level in each skill. Maximum Skill level is 50

Skills and Ability Points:
As players level up, they earn access to various skills which can help in a variety of ways in the guild. Skills are unlocked upon reaching a certain skill level in a particular ability OR by reaching a certain total level.

By participating in guild activities, events, and for other miscellaneous activities players can earn Ability Points(AP) which can be spent on abilities of their level. A list of abilities is listed later in this post. Note that in certain guild sponsored events use of skills may be restricted or banned.

Ranks:
Each group is divided into nine tiers from 0-8. Currently we only have banners for general tiers. In the future the tiers will be divided to reflect specializations.

Ice/Poison/Grass/Dragon GuildMaster:GuildMaster is the exclusive rank and title for the leaders of each individual group. BestGamePearl, Purple_BlitzXD, Astral_Shadow, and TheMourningKing only.

Tier 8

Tier 7
Tier 6
Tier 5
Tier 4
Tier 3
Tier 2
Tier 1
Tier 0 - The zero tier is a one week probation rank. Players must be active on thread or chat. All EXP gained during this period will be banked and awarded following promotion to Tier 1

Skill List
In the spoiler is a list of the current abilities available to members of Dracaena with a brief description of its effects and Level Requirements. List of skills, their effects, and cost are subject to change and update at any time.

-Force Best of Three: The user may pay AP to force a Best of Three in any non-final tournament round. Can only be used once per round. (NOTE:may require this be activated prior to battle if it appears to be too cheap) Requires 5 level in Tournament OR 15 Level to use.

-Gamble:User may pay AP prior to a battle (tournament or otherwise) and receive 1.5X experience in the appropriate stat if the user wins, but if the battle is lost EXP equal to the increased (1.5X the EXP that would have been won) amount is lost (level can be decreased). Requires 10 skill in Battle or 30 Level

-Featured: User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art or video content placed on the front post of the group for 3 days. Requires 5 skill in Art or X Level. Can only be used once per 14 number of days. User is responsible for hosting, and all submissions must be appropriate and adhere to all Serebii rules, failure to do so can result in disciplinary action.

-Featured (lv. 2): User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art or video content placed on the front post of the group for 7 days. Requires 10 skill in Art or 30 Level. Can only be used once per 14 number of days. User is responsible for hosting, and all submissions must be appropriate and adhere to all Serebii rules, failure to do so can result in disciplinary action.

-Featured (lv. 3): User may pay skill points to have an approved piece of user-generated art or video content placed on the front post of the group for 14 days. Requires 20 skill in Art or 60 Level. Can only be used once per 14 number of days. User is responsible for hosting, and all submissions must be appropriate and adhere to all Serebii rules, failure to do so can result in disciplinary action.

-Sturdy (lv. 1):User may pay AP to earn ¼ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires 5 skill in Battle or 15 Level. Higher levels of this skill require more AP and a higher level to use.

-Sturdy (lv. 2):User may pay AP to earn ½ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires 10 skill in Battle or 30 Level.

-Sturdy (lv. 3):User may pay AP to earn ¾ of the experience in the event of a lost battle (tournament or otherwise). Cannot be combined with ‘Gamble’ skills. Requires 20 skill in Battle or 60 Level.

-Seed Shuffle (Pokemon):User may pay AP to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated again. Requires 15 skill in Tournaments or 45 level.

-Seed Shuffle (Other):User may pay AP to reshuffle the bracket of a tournament. Must be activated before the tournament begins, cannot be used during an existing tournament. Can only be used once per tournament, if a previous player has used the ability in the existing tournament this ability cannot be activated. Requires 15 skill in ‘other tournaments’ or 45 level to activate.

-Nihil: User may pay skill points to prevent the usage of any Battle or Tournament skill that affects the current match. Cost is 1.1x the number of AP used in the skill (rounded up). The player affected is NOT charged AP for this. No level restriction.

-Change Your Fate: Advanced level skill, player may pay a substantial amount of AP to select their opponent in the first round of a tournament. Cannot be activated after the first battles in a tournament have begun. If another player has used this ability during the current tournament, they and their chosen opponent are NOT ELIGIBLE for selection by others using this skill (NOTE: May edit this such that the player can choose anyone who HASN’T battled yet, depends on how it works out).Requires X level in Tournaments or X Level total to use-TMK's note, this is going to be a very high level skill so I will edit this at a later date.

Yeeeeeee excited <3 Ima guildmaster now >:3

BGP_

So long as he really wants to :p

godamn time shane gets leader

Speaking of Shane getting leader, are we planning on adding another mod or just keeping ty and myself as the only "active" ones?

this

gdi Sena fine

I'm kinda curious on where info about our level, unlocked skills, and AP will be stored. On the front page or in the docs?

Last edited:

RifleAvenger

See you starside
Speaking of Shane getting leader, are we planning on adding another mod or just keeping ty and myself as the only "active" ones?

I know I don't have any say in it, but you two seem to be doing a good job as is. There's none of the drama or nonsense here or on chat that I've seen in other guilds/groups.

I know I don't have any say in it, but you two seem to be doing a good job as is. There's none of the drama or nonsense here or on chat that I've seen in other guilds/groups.

it's not so much that, but also a form of respect to more senior drac members who aren't fit for guildmaster / when there isn't need for a new guildmaster. I think he raised the question because when TMK became a guildmaster, shane got promoted to moderator on xat.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
it's not so much that, but also a form of respect to more senior drac members who aren't fit for guildmaster / when there isn't need for a new guildmaster. I think he raised the question because when TMK became a guildmaster, shane got promoted to moderator on xat.

That would be why I asked. I remember back when no one was a mod, then TMK and maybe someone else were made mods, then when TMK was made a leader, the four people (shadow, ty, myself, and someone else) were made mods. Since then, the last person has been really inactive and shadow got promoted to leader. After writing that, I feel like I've been in drac for too long, not thar I plan on leaving (WARY)

BGP_

Yoooo guys, it's been a while but shesh, I've been so busy. I got back to battling and managed to make a rather terrifying team based around the top threats. The one loss is from a Baton Pass team that was sadly using a Roar'ing Vaporeon and critted me V_V
http://i40.*******.com/121u0w0.png
Nice, keep it up! Someone actually battling and might get use from the rank up system yaaay xD

RifleAvenger

See you starside
Nice, keep it up! Someone actually battling and might get use from the rank up system yaaay xD

Wait, does this mean we can get exp from battling randoms? I thought it would be in-clan or at least on-site only.

BGP_

Wait, does this mean we can get exp from battling randoms? I thought it would be in-clan or at least on-site only.
It'll be in guild only, but it's just encouraging to see people battling again! Soon we'll probably need people to post battles against other or any other activities that earn them AP or EXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.