• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dracaena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Just posting to tell you guys that I'm still alive...

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Happy to get sent into the blast zone regularly in HD?

That's the kind of enthusiasm I want to see more of, Shadow. :)

Happy he's back.

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
So we're totally doing mk8 tourneys like asap and weekly :p
Also speaking of tournaments, there's an upcoming international tour following the official VGC ruleset! Whoever does the best here in the international challenge will get 15 exp in the poke tour category! Of course you'll need proof though and that will likely involve needing to show your ranking from the PGL site :p

Since no one else talked about their results, I'm claiming it. >.>

I just set my Online Competition section on PGL to be visible by anyone in PGL (U-206-1846-G).

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 31/?/?/31/?/31
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Night Slash

Jumpluff @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
- Rage Powder
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw

Jolteon was even better than expected. OHKO on several Mega Charizards Y and Greninjas.
Usual opening with Weavile + Jolteon, with Fake Out and Volt Switch. Night Slash + Shadow Ball against Aegislashes, Ice Shard/Hidden Power against Salamences and Garchomps.
This duo worked very well.

Jumpluff was my support choice here, and did a decent job. Quick Sleep Powder was somewhat useful, but the 25% chance of miss seemed bigger sometimes... Anyway, bypassing Safeguard and Substitute with it was awesome. Aromatherapy was a must against teams with Rotom and Sableye.

Kangaskhan was chosen against teams with too many Fire types or possible Earthquake users, Mawile was chosen otherwise. Sucker Punch still kills!

Salamence was my big mistake as filler. I didn't realize how it would be difficult to use Earthquake in this team (it would always require Jumpluff, since I also neglected Protect on the whole team). I should have used that popular Choice Scarf variant.

I guess my testing on PS wasn't sufficient. But I confess I may not be as experient as I supposed. =/

hi not dead anymore i guess (irl stuff) does anyone here play ubers yet

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Got my Enigma Berry from ICM.
Going to plant it now. =P

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
Active post, Pokemon Y better come today >.>

I just realised I never played X long enough to catch xeer (got bored 6th gym I think).

Edit: it just came! :D
I picked froakie last time, so this time I think I'll go with chespin.

Last edited:

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Active post, Pokemon Y better come today >.>

I just realised I never played X long enough to catch xeer (got bored 6th gym I think).

Edit: it just came! :D
I picked froakie last time, so this time I think I'll go with chespin.
Team Froakie will always win

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Mario Kart 8 tommorrow! We should totally try the tournament function in it

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Well, I guess I'm done with school forever, yipee?

I'll try to be more active now; I've been playing a lot of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
I know it has been a while since my last post (but you have all seen me chat-side at least). I am posting to let you know that the Metronome Tourney will be starting soon. If you haven't yet, please sign yourselves up on the Tourney thread here. I will be closing the sign ups and posting the bracket in a few hours, so be sure to confirm if you are going to join.

Tournament is posted on the tournament thread. Go nuts.

Also I am currently doing some updates (long overdue) to my post on the first page, and I am in need of a new opening banner if anyone cares to help out on a commissioned piece.

Most of the new userbars are there in the userbar section and I think (?) there are or can be checkered ones for you classic types; I'll see what I can do since to my shame I lost track of everything during a particular busy season. If there are any inaccuracies to your rank, or membership status (e.g missed your application) please let me know so I can rectify the situation!

Last edited:

BGP_

Speaking of tournaments, I assume we're going to do some mario kart 8 tournaments soon, so here's some rules we need to ponder on for at least the first one (after it goes inactive I'm able to change the rules).

*Mode: 50, 100, 150, Mirror, Battle
*Teams: Yes, No
*Items: All, shells, bananas, mushrooms, bob-ombs, or none
*Vehicles: All, karts, bikes
*Controls: All, tilt
*Com: Easy, Normal, Hard, None

*Frequency: Daily, Weekly, fixed period. We can create several different tournaments, so I can set up a daily one so we can mess around in it and not count (plus free miiverse community), a weekly one to actually count and work with the convenience of people's schedules, and fixed ones for bigger tournaments.
-To go with this, about how long it should be. An hour or two, or a day or longer. Mainly need this for daily (hours) and weekly (hours/days)
*Race count: How many races you can do. Choices are 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 16, 32, None
*Group Shuffling: Every 4th match, don't shuffle

Last edited:

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
My activity should increase now that most of my exams are done. Still have a few left though, and life.

Someone give me a Wii U so i can play MK8!

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Anyone else entering the Think Fast Competition?

BTW, reminder of my AP/EXP for the May Challenge. >.>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.