• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Ball series discussion

BlueDragonfangirl

I wouldn't mind another saga, kind of afraid how much more they'll destroy Gohan's character though, specials and new flick didn't help than we had GT, it's like they hated the poor guy. I know the fandom wasn't too thrilled about replacing Goku with Gohan but man that's harsh what they did.

I'm guessing Pan will get a good part in the new saga too since she was born in the film.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
The "new series" Facebook post is fake, for a number of demonstrable reasons.

Not that Battle of Gods doesn't open the door for new stuff. You just wonder if that new stuff can be explored in any meaningful way.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
I doubt that there is a new series. Akira is currently working on his other manga to deal with Dragon Ball. He actually hates the fact that non of his other works are popular like Dragon Ball. I personally want a series after GT something like Dragon Ball Absalon.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I'm not a big fan of Kai it's just hacked together and takes the real effect out of the original DBZ series and I didn't really like it shortened everything, as for the new series if it happens I hope it skips GT but at least introduce SS4 and continues after the buu saga.

johnebert91

Breeder/Collector
Do you guys prefer the original Dragon Ball Z or Kai?

I prefer the original DBZ. Sure it had filler, but the filler was very intertaning, like the Garlic Jr saga. The Fillers in DBZ are Very comical and build up suspense. Also you can miss an episode and not be lose. Kia is just to fast and overly censered.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Yeah, I liked the filler since its the only one that tied in to the deadzone movie, I wish all others movies were tied in as fillers though. But the best of DBZ over Kai was that they took their time with story and Kai just breezes through it, not cool.

johnebert91

Breeder/Collector
Yeah, I liked the filler since its the only one that tied in to the deadzone movie, I wish all others movies were tied in as fillers though. But the best of DBZ over Kai was that they took their time with story and Kai just breezes through it, not cool.

Exactly. The extra episodes in the Sayain saga made Goku's run on Snake Way and Gohan's Training more epic. Kai skipped it all and made it look like a casual jog and a fun camping trip.

Kai was terrible, i actually preferred the filler episodes to the main fight-centric episodes. The filler just gave the show a little more substance. Although probably one of my favorite moments in DBZ was in the DBZ Movie one when Gohan gets drunk/high off of one of Garlic Jr's foods.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Exactly. The extra episodes in the Sayain saga made Goku's run on Snake Way and Gohan's Training more epic. Kai skipped it all and made it look like a casual jog and a fun camping trip.

That's true, all those fillers pretty much drew you into the stories and kept you entertained, and besides Kai didnt even reach the buu saga :-/

Kai was terrible, i actually preferred the filler episodes to the main fight-centric episodes. The filler just gave the show a little more substance. Although probably one of my favorite moments in DBZ was in the DBZ Movie one when Gohan gets drunk/high off of one of Garlic Jr's foods.

The show did have a lot of great substance thanks to there fillers and in the new movie
Gotham also gets drunk and try's to fight the bad guy but loses
so you can see it again lol

That's true, all those fillers pretty much drew you into the stories and kept you entertained, and besides Kai didnt even reach the buu saga :-/
Well, Kai's having the Buu saga now. So, that redeems it for continuation.

But, honestly I don't mind Kai. As long as the franchise is still continuing I'm happy.

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
That's good I'm glad they decided to do it but Kai just cuts it down to take all the mystery out of the show, I just don't want Kai to effect the new dragonball series they are producing and that they keep it with all the fillers that made the original DBZ awesome.

johnebert91

Breeder/Collector
Well, Kai's having the Buu saga now. So, that redeems it for continuation.

But, honestly I don't mind Kai. As long as the franchise is still continuing I'm happy.

You do have a good point about keeping Dragonball alive. If it leads to a new spin off after it, I will be happier. But I just hate that it is not the Dragonball Z I grew up with.

That's good I'm glad they decided to do it but Kai just cuts it down to take all the mystery out of the show, I just don't want Kai to effect the new dragonball series they are producing and that they keep it with all the fillers that made the original DBZ awesome.

I do hope that it does not effect a new series either. But it will most likely be on Nickelodeon. If they release an uncut and uncensored DVD set like they did with Dragonball and Dragonball Z, I wont conplanin about how it is aired.

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I hope they do keep it off nickelodeon to make the show at least watchable, Kai is doing fine to keep the series going to those who never watched it back in the day, but hopefully the buu saga coming out will pave the way for more episodes coming out.

MattySadler

One of my favourite anime/ manga of all time. It started off in Dragon Ball as an excellent adventure series, focusing on the character's journey to get the Dragon Balls, before gradually shifting into a martial arts-based series, focusing on the World Martial Arts Tournament and the training that went on before hand, before finally shifting its focus to power aliens from outer space that threatened their existence. I found DB and DBZ thoroughly enjoyable.

However, like with Pokemon there were a few things that always bugged me. The Earthling characters I genuinely liked and enjoyed, such as Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, Chiaotzu and Yajirobe, were gradually outclassed and shelved for super, overpowered aliens like Vegeta, Kid Trunks and Goten. Vegeta is a great character though, so I can totally forgive them for that, but Kid Trunks and Goten are dreadful and can't be excused. Annoying how those two piss worms got lots of screen time during the Buu Saga.

Despite that little criticism though, DB and DBZ are two excellent series I can watch over and over. Dragon Ball GT is inexcusable though. Absolutely appalling.