• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Ball series discussion

Chris

Old Coot
I excluded Gohan because of the fact that he's an adult by the time the movie takes place, so his child voice isn't an issue. Also, there's nothing wrong with it, anyway. He actually sound like his actual age in Kai, as opposed to the obvious woman putting on a raspy voice to come across as a boy thing that happened a lot in 90s anime dubs. And what's wrong with the music? If anything, the American produced music lacked subtlety and focused too much on being obnoxiously loud, never stopping and theme-based.

Cutiepuffle

COCOA 4 COCOA PUFFZ!
It's my favorite anime. Though I was pretty mad at the fact that everybody but Goku could do no more than merely distract in GT.

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
It's my favorite anime. Though I was pretty mad at the fact that everybody but Goku could do no more than merely distract in GT.

I feel the same way about DBZ; pretty much everyone not named Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, or Piccolo (for the most part; I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head besides Trunks) is majorly outclassed. It's a shame, because Tien and Krillin are two of my favorite characters.

Chris

Old Coot
I feel the same way about DBZ; pretty much everyone not named Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, or Piccolo (for the most part; I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head besides Trunks) is majorly outclassed. It's a shame, because Tien and Krillin are two of my favorite characters.
But Kuririn managed to outlive the non-Saiyan fighters and provided a good deal of help. Tenshinhan also did well in holding off Cell while #16 and #18 took off to hide. If anything, Yamcha and Chaozu were hit the hardest, though they never won any of their major fights even in Dragon Ball.

GreatGonzales

The Master
I'm trying to get into the series, and I'd like to start from square one with the original Dragonball. Anyone have any ideas as to where and/or how I'd do this?

Chris

Old Coot
When in the anime has Trunks ever used Buster Canon, or Finish Buster? I watched DBZ and movies so many time but I don't remember it. Or are they just game exclusive moves?
While not named in the series, Trunks has used Buster Cannon a few times. Namely against #17 and #18 as Dr. Gero awakened them. As for Finish Buster, it's another that was not named in the series until the games. He uses this move against Vegeta when trying to stop Cell from getting to #18.

I'm trying to get into the series, and I'd like to start from square one with the original Dragonball. Anyone have any ideas as to where and/or how I'd do this?
http://www.funimation.com/dragon-ball/videos
www.amazon.com/dp/1569319200/ or http://www.amazon.com/dp/1421555646/
www.amazon.com/dp/B002FOQXTQ/

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Kyle Hebert announced he will be returning as Gohan for the Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Z Kai. So we can also take that as an announcement that FUNimation will finish dubbing DBZ Kai. (to my knowledge, FUNi hasn't made any statements about the Buu Saga before this.)

EDIT: I also found an interview with Sean Schemmel where he was asked what projects he was currently working on, he said he was finishing up working on Kai's Buu Saga. So apparently, some of the voice over work is almost done.

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
i wonder if yamcha has any fans? or if he is about as popular as jar jar binks? and what about hercule what does his fanbase look like is batman/wolverine popular or jar jar popular? just curious what their popularity looks like.

hmmm you know what a major flaw is on letting hercule pretend he is the one who beat cell? if a smart villain came a long he/she could just send one of his minions to earth find a martial arts contest the z fighters werent entering have him act like a normal contestant too avoid suspision from everyone and when he goes up against hercule have him pretend he is on even grounds with hercule to give hercule a false sense of confidence/security then start owning him in the worst way possible fus demorilizing the people of earth and if it helps demorilize them even more torture hercule in cold blood until he admits that he didnt defeat cell before killing him. also have said villain find out about the dragonballs before said tournament and steal them so that the z fighters cant use them.
so what do you all think about what i just typed up? personally i think if i was to take control of the anime i could hopefully come up with some good ideas for it.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Problem with that - Goku spotted out Oob and realized his hidden potential when no one else was able to (including Oob himself). Either way, Mr. Satan's always found a way to make himself out to be the hero.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Problem with that - Goku spotted out Oob and realized his hidden potential when no one else was able to (including Oob himself). Either way, Mr. Satan's always found a way to make himself out to be the hero.

good point.....i forgot for a second there that the people of earth in dbz are waaaaaay to dumb to live. well hopefully if they ever do a plot like the one i just mentioned hopefully they will find a way to have it make sense that goku didnt notice an evil minion enter a tournament defeat and kill hercule and demorilize the people of earth all in one blow.

In other news im still wondering if yamcha has a even has a remotely decent sized fanbase and what hercules fanbase looks like if he is wolverine popular or jar jar binks infamous?

Zazie

So 1991
good point.....i forgot for a second there that the people of earth in dbz are waaaaaay to dumb to live. well hopefully if they ever do a plot like the one i just mentioned hopefully they will find a way to have it make sense that goku didnt notice an evil minion enter a tournament defeat and kill hercule and demorilize the people of earth all in one blow.

In other news im still wondering if yamcha has a even has a remotely decent sized fanbase and what hercules fanbase looks like if he is wolverine popular or jar jar binks infamous?

In the DB anime he did havfe a fan club in a filler episode, and it's safe to say anyone who participates in the Tenakaichi Budokai has some fans. But I don't know if he has much of one after getting killed by the saibamen, since he died on TV. People would be pretty freaked if just came back from the dead. Though being dead technically doesn't stop him from having fans. (just look at bruce lee) The same probably goes for Tien and Chaotzu or that matter.

As for Hercule, while he is the most popular fighter in the world, it's probably safe to say he isn't universally everyone's favorite.

I assume your talking about in universe with the above. In real life Yamcha has a cult fanbase who generally like him for being closest to your average Joe out of the entire cast and a bit of an underdog or for shipping reasons. (this group includes me) I remember when Dragonball Z was new no one really hated him, I think the Cell saga and english voice actor change is what led to a lot of the change in opinion on the character.

As for Hercule he seems to be a love it or hate it character. I think the opnion partialy depends on how seriously people take the show, some people seems to get angry about a joke character getting popular in universe but I don;t get why it matters. I think Hercule is pretty entertaining.

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Yamcha has some fans he is one of the strongest human beings but im pretty sure the strongest human goes to Krillen tho

yeah...um tien would like to have a word with you.

Zazie

So 1991
Going by training and fighting footage* I would say Tien, Krillin and Yamcha each have at least somewhat of a chance of beating the other in a fight.** One of them may be the best, but the gap appears to be pretty small. Overall I don't think the debate is that big of a deal.

*admittedly filler, but we have absolutely nothing else to go by here outside of.

** I am going by real world logic here. Just because someone is better doesn't mean they win every time.

Chris

Old Coot
Krillin beat Goku at the end of GT. He also mad Goku scream in pain just by throwing a rock at him.

Krillin is strongest in the uiniverse.
I nearly got on you for that GT comment. Then you mentioned the rock. Good showing, sir.

BlueDragonfangirl

UGH Don't get me started with Mr.Hercule, that guy freakin gets on my nerves, did any one see the One Piece/Toriko/Dragon Ball Z Crossover? Just as egotist as ever, takes the credit from not just Goku and friends this time but Luffy and Toriko too. I would have loved it if Luffy accidently hit Hercule in the face, it'd be so like him but give Hercule some pay back at the same time but No!! For some reason they keep letting the guy get away with this crap. I don't understand why the creator of Dragon Ball Z loves him so much, he said if he did continue on with the series it would have been about him, could not handle that blah.

matt0044