• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
It’s pretty nice that Eileen decided to give it one last go around and return to the series to pay respects to the character after leaving (understandably so) in the middle of SM.

If only they could’ve did the same thing with Rachel because Misty is sounding down bad in her last episodes of the series.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It’s pretty nice that Eileen decided to give it one last go around and return to the series to pay respects to the character after leaving (understandably so) in the middle of SM.

i'll never understand the whole union thing and why that would prohibit Eileen from coming back.

not that her replacment in the masters 8 did a bad job, she did pretty great.
If only they could’ve did the same thing with Rachel because Misty is sounding down bad in her last episodes of the series.

Makes me wonder if they would've reached out to her if Maylene had been used, since that was the last anime character she voiced.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
i'll never understand the whole union thing and why that would prohibit Eileen from coming back.

not that her replacment in the masters 8 did a bad job, she did pretty great.
Pokémon isn’t a union franchise. So basically she made her own choice to drop working for the dub. She became a union worker during SM when it aired but then decided to return back in JN and I’m assuming at the time she didn’t know Iris would be in the Masters Eight and thought it was a one off.

Makes me wonder if they would've reached out to her if Maylene had been used, since that was the last anime character she voiced.
I totally forgot she voiced her. Yea I'm guessing because they recasted Misty before DP they didn't wanna be confusing but they need to give Rachel her role back especially since as you said she's worked for TCPi

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm more baffled that Eileen is apparently good enough to go union, when really she is just ehh and hasn't really be seen in really popular anime anywhere (from what I know), so a pre-Journeys VA going union is incredibly...weird. All VAs I've seen going union have really lengthy resumes and experience to back it all up, unless Eileen was paid a huge pretty penny by the Pokemon anime somehow.

HylianBelmont

I'm more baffled that Eileen is apparently good enough to go union, when really she is just ehh and hasn't really be seen in really popular anime anywhere (from what I know), so a pre-Journeys VA going union is incredibly...weird. All VAs I've seen going union have really lengthy resumes and experience to back it all up, unless Eileen was paid a huge pretty penny by the Pokemon anime somehow.
She was also in shows like Ah! My Goddess !, to be fair. Among other things like the Yu-Gi-Oh! spin-offs and Gundam Unicorn. She mainly does audio books now, though.

(Also, I disagree on her being an "ehh" VA, personally.)

HylianBelmont

That's still not enough to suddenly demand more money, though.

I guess in her case it's just she wants more money regardless of her proficiency.
In fairness. I don't think it was really a case where she was "demanding" more money from them, necessarily. (And that isn't literally everything she's done, just so I'm clear. Was just mentioning a few examples.)

She just eventually chose to segue out of non-union work since she's in favour of her union, that's it. I got no sense of... entitlement, like you seem to have gotten from that decision.