• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

And what exactly is the point of arguing for off screen battles? You can make up whatever you want for offscreen.

Might as well argue that noivern, or whichever other mons people say were useless, all had a bunch of winning streaks off screen against random trainers. See? Noivern really was dependable like the profile said guys, we just didn’t see it.

Because Iris has become champion and she didn’t accomplish that without Dragonite. Therefore those wins existing are highly probable from a logical standpoint.

Your second paragraph is an assumption based on nothing.

It's kind of ironic how, between this & Alola, the episodes with the most callbacks were for the two seasons that were the most hated by fans (pre-dating Journeys)
true, but maybe for that reason, they left the "best" for last

Now I hope Lillie / Gladio / Lusamine find Mohn and Goh & Ash get involved

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Because Iris has become champion and she didn’t accomplish that without Dragonite. Therefore those wins existing are highly probable from a logical standpoint.

Your second paragraph is an assumption based on nothing.
I mean if you can assume that angrynite was winning a lot, why can’t i assume iris was being carried by excadrill and emolga all the way?

You literally can’t prove either, which is why offscreen speculation are pointless.

D

Deleted member 384931

That Dragon Meteor looks like a combo of counter shield with the effects of a performance

I mean if you can assume that angrynite was winning a lot, why can’t i assume iris was being carried by excadrill and emolga all the way?

You literally can’t prove either, which is why offscreen speculation are pointless.

If Excadrill and Emolga carried her and Dragonite didnt, then why use it against Ash? Off-screen speculation is valid if there’s evidence and logic behind it. Clearly Iris has a lot of trust in Dragonite to use it against Ash.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
If Excadrill and Emolga carried her and Dragonite didnt, then why use it against Ash? Off-screen speculation is valid if there’s evidence and logic behind it. Clearly Iris has a lot of trust in Dragonite to use it against Ash.
Because drayden was the only one willing to lend her a place, and might as well make it a dragon battle then. So those two can sit this one out.

If only elesa or clay would’ve lent her a place.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Idc what people have to say about the unrealism of Iris being the unova champion and Ash defeating her or if they didn't like the battle. I immensely enjoyed this episode and while the battle certainly isn't one of the greatest ever or anything, I enjoyed it a lot.
This episode felt like a love letter to Iris and BW fans like how ep37 felt like a love letter to Alola and SM fans. The way Iris absolutely retained her personality while still showing her growth, having a full team finally that is stacked, being able to properly control dragonite, axew finally being a Haxorus (I got so hyped when it came out man) and iris being an expert at her understanding the heart of a dragon powers. Iris felt like a champion here, Ash was just the better trainer. It didn't feel like they overpowered dracovish for it to be suddenly very powerful, it won due to its characteristics being used in a way no one would know, felt natural and it got beaten pretty quickly by Haxorus. Dragonite and the way it used Draco meteor to take down Haxorus was the icing on the cake. All the flashbacks showing Cilan, Drayden showing up and the iris Vs Drayden match actually being referenced, iris and draydens bond being showcased and how he's her mentor and she's the most successful unovan trainer, how this episode kept the BW vibe with the way character interactions during battle player out, it was perfect. This episode is definitely a 10/10 and one of my fav journeys episode. Haters gonna hate and there are some legitimate criticisms but they don't bother me. Yes it would be nice to get detailed analysis of who iris defeated to become champion but this wasn't about that, it was about referencing her past when she was in the show and showing her future now. I loved how they referenced the Clair special considering Clair was imp for her, and showed she has gible and goodra. Excadrill appeared in flashback and Emolga was really really cute. Pikachu was cute too and sirfetchd a badass. A great PWC battle, super class has been poorly handled but this was a perfect finish

Morax

King of heroes
Idc what people have to say about the unrealism of Iris being the unova champion and Ash defeating her or if they didn't like the battle. I immensely enjoyed this episode and while the battle certainly isn't one of the greatest ever or anything, I enjoyed it a lot.
This episode felt like a love letter to Iris and BW fans like how ep37 felt like a love letter to Alola and SM fans. The way Iris absolutely retained her personality while still showing her growth, having a full team finally that is stacked, being able to properly control dragonite, axew finally being a Haxorus (I got so hyped when it came out man) and iris being an expert at her understanding the heart of a dragon powers. Iris felt like a champion here, Ash was just the better trainer. It didn't feel like they overpowered dracovish for it to be suddenly very powerful, it won due to its characteristics being used in a way no one would know, felt natural and it got beaten pretty quickly by Haxorus. Dragonite and the way it used Draco meteor to take down Haxorus was the icing on the cake. All the flashbacks showing Cilan, Drayden showing up and the iris Vs Drayden match actually being referenced, iris and draydens bond being showcased and how he's her mentor and she's the most successful unovan trainer, how this episode kept the BW vibe with the way character interactions during battle player out, it was perfect. This episode is definitely a 10/10 and one of my fav journeys episode. Haters gonna hate and there are some legitimate criticisms but they don't bother me. Yes it would be nice to get detailed analysis of who iris defeated to become champion but this wasn't about that, it was about referencing her past when she was in the show and showing her future now. I loved how they referenced the Clair special considering Clair was imp for her, and showed she has gible and goodra. Excadrill appeared in flashback and Emolga was really really cute. Pikachu was cute too and sirfetchd a badass. A great PWC battle, super class has been poorly handled but this was a perfect finish
It's an empty love letter without cilan. He's extremely underrated and a much more interesting character than iris IMO.

Because drayden was the only one willing to lend her a place, and might as well make it a dragon battle then. So those two can sit this one out.

If only elesa or clay would’ve lent her a place.

Why not use Gible or the kinda implied Goodra then? You’re acting like Dragonite and Haxorus are the only dragons Iris owns. Nice try. You can take your L and go now.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Why not use Gible or the kinda implied Goodra then? You’re acting like Dragonite and Haxorus are the only dragons Iris owns. Nice try. You can take your L and go now.
Nothing implies goodra was even hers, and why would she use an unevolved mon instead of someone ash would recognize for their fight?

Lol sure. Just keep telling yourself that angrynite is a monster only in offscreen land, whenever people talk about how it loses a lot. That’s definitely a nice W for you.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's an empty love letter without cilan. He's extremely underrated and a much more interesting character than iris IMO.
Sadly this episode was too crammed, so while adding Cilan would've given it some spice, it would've made the episode havr too much of a strong taste