• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Is it really like that? Dragonite was already on fire, ready to continue for battle even before Iris talk. It's like Iris talk had nothing to do with it.

It was in pain and struggling. It didn’t have much left. Once Iris spoke to its soul, it completely woke up. It definitely made a difference.

Also I do think Iris could have Goodra based on the context.

Drayden saying she’s battled Dragon trainers in various places (showing Clair-confirmed battle we saw) and met Dragon Pokémon (showing Gible-confirmed capture), implying that Goodra being in the same image is the same situation as Gible, another capture.

Of course it’s not 100% confirmation but that’s just my 2 cents on that topic.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I don't think Iris going easy on Ash is an unpopular opinion here. Most of the people seem to like the Episode and agree with this as well.

I’ve watched it more. It was willing to keep fighting for Ash but it completely reenergized after what Iris did. I think it was written this way on purpose so it wouldn’t be a clean win for Ash.
Here is what I saw:
Dragonite got hit. Haxorus did not fall to confusion. Ash speak to Dragonite. Dragonite get its motivation back, roaring a battle cry, signalling its readiness to fight. Iris got interested because of Dragonite's determination so she want to learn more by talking.

Here is what you saw:
I was talking about restoring Dragonite’s confidence or pain (whatever was going on). Iris speaking to it reengerized it, not Ash who just stood there.
It was in pain and struggling. It didn’t have much left. Once Iris spoke to its soul, it completely woke up. It definitely made a difference.

Here is what I saw:
Dragonite got hit. Haxorus did not fall to confusion. Ash speak to Dragonite. Dragonite get its motivation back, roaring a battle cry, signalling its readiness to fight. Iris got interested because of Dragonite's determination so she want to learn more by talking.

Here is what you saw:
Nope. Ash’s little pep talk didn’t do much for its existing damage but it was willing to keep fighting. It’s demeanor after the Iris talk was completely different. Its eyes opened and it roared to the heavens, much greater than when it roared for Ash. It made a huge difference.

when all Iris did was talk to Dragonite to calm it down
When I watch it the first time, I was like: what the heck, Dragonite is on fire ready to strike and she told it to calm down??? Is she trying to sabotage the momentum. Fortunately, Dragonite still retain the fiery spirit after the talk.

Red and Blue

Good battle. Though I wish Dracovish vs. Dragonite lasted a bit longer(despite Ice Fang technically being 4x effective)

It made a huge
Who knows? I think Dragonite can win without that talk. Dragonite win because Ash come up with briliant strategies that Iris simply cannot counter. Iris do not have any answer for Hurricane counter shield and how Ash had Dragonite turn Haxorus's Dragon Pulse into meteors.
Ash’s little pep talk didn’t do much for its existing damage

Funny how you think Iris talk can heal physical wound/damage.

Who knows? I think Dragonite can win without that talk. Dragonite win because Ash come up with briliant strategies that Iris simply cannot counter. Iris do not have any answer for Hurricane counter shield and how Ash had Dragonite turn Haxorus's Dragon Pulse into meteors.
I don’t think so. Even Ash changed his demeanor after the Iris talk. Dragonite gave Ash a look which woke him up too. So none of those inspired strategies happen without Iris doing what she did.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I really enjoyed the battle but Iris’ Dragonite KO’d too quickly and despite my enjoyment, I felt like the battle was rushed. And I loved that Ash’s Dragonite gotten stronger after his talk with Iris and learned Draco Meteor. This battle was also beneficial for Iris to test and perform her natural ability of understanding the hearts of Dragons. She was amazing in that sequence. I also really liked that Shaga is still the Gym Leader of the Opelucid Gym.

It was funny seeing Haxorus’ move used against him in the end (I knew that would happen!:p) And both Iris and Ash had a lot of fun during this dragon match. She was very cute and she really sparkled during her appearance. Even in the brief scene when Go tried to catch her. I liked that it wasn’t an exact copy and paste of how she reacted when Ash did the same thing to her yet she was still herself, teasing Ash like a kid that they both are. Like Ash, though she battled her way to the ranks of Champion, she maintained her expressive self and has yet to reach her main goal of becoming Dragon Master and has more to learn.

I really wished this episode was a 2 parter or at least we get 2 episodes of Iris appearing. It’s like they barely explained her journey after her separation from Ash and Dento. Nonetheless, the reunion was pretty emotional. I truly missed Iris.

It is so sad that Ash had given Dragonite a talk that restore the fighting spirit and Ash had told Dragonite to prepare to show off their battle technique before it was cut off by Iris's talk. Turn out that battle technique are the 2 briliant strategies to repel Psycho Cut and returning Dragon Pulse.

So this statement is completely false.
Ash proved himself useless during that situation
It doesn't matter if Iris talk also boost Dragonite further. The fact is Ash is not useless even in that limited situation. Ash has already restore Dragonite's fighting spirit.

This is also completely false:
So none of those inspired strategies happen without Iris doing what she did.
Ash had told Dragonite to be ready to show their battle technique even before the Iris talk.

Last edited: