• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Sham

The Guardian of War
I thought it was freaking awesome how Haxorus stopped Dragonite’s Dragon Claw in its tracks.

anyway Iris is a champion and they typically give past characters more than one episode so I have faith she’ll reappear again especially since they broke up Brock’s and Misty’s appearances.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’ve seen people discussing that Ash didn’t tell Iris that he’s the Alola champion and that he’s so humble not to mention it. I don’t think it’s because he’s humble, but because the Alola league doesn’t count like that. The setup of that region isn’t traditional.
Pull an uno reverse card and remind that in BW when Dragonite was going ape Ash said “well a battle is a battle” and continued to attack her but in this battle where her hyper class title was on the line she still helped Ash and cheered him on despite having the advantage due to Dragonite’s insecurity.

Again, Alola is not the same as every other region. It probably falls more in the line with the Orange Islands.

Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos are official regions with the same structure.
Alola league structure is not the same as Orange Island. Orange Island do not have conference. Drake is Orange Island Supreme Gym Leader, anyone who defeat Supreme Gym Leader become Orange Island Champion, there is no knock out system involved.

Alola system (anime) is conference-based just like every other non-Orange Island region. However, Alola League is a start-up league so the participating requirement as well as E4 had not been firmly established.

Oh wait... Galar also do not have E4.
The problem here is the story makes no effort in painting Ash as the Alola Champion. He is just a league winner. No one he meets even knows his Alolan status
If we compare it to football/soccer, the other region is like European top league (except Unova, Alder was asked to be Champion, wasn't he? That might indicate Unova League also do not have too long history) while Alola is just lesser known unprestigious faraway new league.
only to forget about it when Alain won the Lumiose Conference and went back to being an Assistant without challenging any Champions League, from this we can confirm that the Champions League has been non-cannoned and only existed to falsely hype up and bait fans
Challenging the Champions League is optional. Winning the conference is a ticket for it.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Galar does not have E4, I think that E4 will become obsolete with time
Galar operates differently because every trainer AND the Gym Leaders are after the Champion's title. The whole scheme is set up as a soccer tournament in an effort to dethrone the champion. In the games, being a Gym Leader apparently gives the trainer a sure-ticket to participate in the big tourney, while everyone else must defeat all Gym Leaders to earn the right to participate. (It's kind of similar to what the anime used to do, except Gym Leaders were irrelevant and plenty, and league champions are utterly different than a regional champion.)

Galar operates differently because every trainer AND the Gym Leaders are after the Champion's title.
Do you mean like trial captains in Alola also aim for the Champion's title?

Galar system is actually a mix between older generation games and SM anime.
If the Masters 8 is mostly men I'm going to scream. Iris is just the diversity that group needs as she brings a lot of flavor. It doesn't make sense for her not make it either if you ask me.
Iris will enter Master 8 before Ash does.