• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Yeah but I don't remember Silvally ever landing any hits against Pikachu. Even if it had the Ground memory the result could of been the same with Pikachu bouncing off of Electroweb and hitting it with Iron Tail
But using Electric move against Ground Silvally will alert Gladio that Ash is up to some trick. Furthermore, Silvally won't need to dodge that Electro Web anymore, how will Pikachu set it up?

Red and Blue

But using Electric move against Ground Silvally will alert Gladio that Ash is up to some trick. Furthermore, Silvally won't need to dodge that Electro Web anymore, how will Pikachu set it up?
Easy. Just throw it over Silvally's shoulder and have Pikachu jump towards it and bounce off it before Gladion has a chance to react. And it might not even have needed Electroweb since if the fight had lasted a bit longer Pikachu could of gotten in a Iron Tail or Quick Attack in order to win

Just throw it over Silvally's shoulder and have Pikachu jump towards it.
While Pikachu jump towards it over Silvally, he will be easy prey and got hit by Ground type Multi Attack. Anyway, didn't Pikachu always throw Electro Web in straight line?
if the fight had lasted a bit longer Pikachu could of gotten in a Iron Tail or Quick Attack in order to win
Without that momentum, Iron Tail will not be strong enough to KO Silvally, might not even landed. Pikachu cannot get close to Silvally even when it did not use Earth memory, it lost the battle of speed and had to evade most of the time. Pikachu only manage to land a hit because that Electro Web propel him with great speed which also add momentum/power. Just similiar to Dracovish vs Dragonite, without being trapped in Dracovish's jaw, Dragonite would survive the Ice Fang.

Anyway, this thread is not for Ash vs Gladio.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
No you don't understand... I HAD to pop back into existence to celebrate my baby girl's incredible comeback.

I was so shocked and surprised to see Axew had evolved all the way to Haxorus. For some reason I didn't think that would've been a possibility. It was so special to see this little guy get to achieve his dream, dream that we were all able to witness in one of the earliest episodes of Best Wishes.

THIS WAS SO GOOD HSDKJGHSGKH I REALLY ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! The flashbacks and Cilan's cameos, Emolga being a cutie, Iris' communication abilities.... yeah we hit jackpot with this one. I think Iris should've won, but hey, we can't have it all!

I'm so happy she did the one thing I was begging her to do behind the screen: call Satoshi a little kid once more. The writers knew what they were doing and I have to say I happily ate it up!

they difinI hope to see her again when she gets to the top with Satoshi. <3
They definitely made justice with Iris. They gave her alot of respect. Shes one of the 5 poke girls, the 5 queens. She deserves it :)

Red and Blue

While Pikachu jump towards it over Silvally, he will be easy prey and got hit by Ground type Multi Attack. Anyway, didn't Pikachu always throw Electro Web in straight line?

Without that momentum, Iron Tail will not be strong enough to KO Silvally, might not even landed. Pikachu cannot get close to Silvally even when it did not use Earth memory, it lost the battle of speed and had to evade most of the time. Pikachu only manage to land a hit because that Electro Web propel him with great speed which also add momentum/power. Just similiar to Dracovish vs Dragonite, without being trapped in Dracovish's jaw, Dragonite would survive the Ice Fang.

Anyway, this thread is not for Ash vs Gladio.
Disagree on the momentum part. With all the damage Melmetal did to it I'm sure it still would of gone down quickly to a single attack regardless.

But yeah I agree this probably isn't the thread to discuss this

Disagree on the momentum part. With all the damage Melmetal did to it I'm sure it still would of gone down quickly to a single attack regardless.
Lol, if so, why do they bother to make it use Electro Web? Why not just one Quick Attack or Thunderbolt and be done with it? Are you implying that Ash is stupid to had Pikachu waste a lot of energy running and jumping?

You should learn physics (momentum × impact). The momentum part is the KEY to generate powerful impact.

Speaking of momentum, it also aid Dracovish's Fishious Rend as Dragonite's Dragon Dive crash into it. Even Dracovish is shown putting its feet firmly on the ground to maximize it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I swear the more times i watch this, I feel like i'm watching one of Ash's hoenn gym matches, at least in the case of how his Dragonite performed.

Jury's still out on chewie mc bite though, since it seems no logic will be accepted in it's victory.

My thoughts on the battle:

My main problem with the Ash vs Iris battle was that it was too rushed. Dragonite vs Dragonite was okay, but I didn’t like how Ash’s got made out like a fool on the first attack. Then Dracovish comes in and beats Iris’s Dragonite with one Ice Fang. My problem with that is is that when Dragonite faced off against Dawn’s Mamoswine, it was able to withstand three Ice type attacks, one while being FROZEN, and still won. And then Dracovish goes down to one hit from Haxorus. I’m super happy that her Axew fully evolved and he was a beast. Then when Dragonite beats Haxorus, it uses Hurricane to swallow up the attacks from Haxorus and turns it into Draco Meteor and beats Haxorus with one hit. Here’s my issue. Haxorus is supposed to be a champion level Pokémon, and Dragonite, with barely any experience, beats him. I know that Iris helped out Dragonite but it still feels like a cheap win. This is why I don’t like Ash catching fully evolved Pokémon: they are too powerful right off the bat and they usually don’t get any development.

RafaSceptile

My main problem with the Ash vs Iris battle was that it was too rushed. Dragonite vs Dragonite was okay, but I didn’t like how Ash’s got made out like a fool on the first attack. Then Dracovish comes in and beats Iris’s Dragonite with one Ice Fang. My problem with that is is that when Dragonite faced off against Dawn’s Mamoswine, it was able to withstand three Ice type attacks, one while being FROZEN, and still won. And then Dracovish goes down to one hit from Haxorus. I’m super happy that her Axew fully evolved and he was a beast. Then when Dragonite beats Haxorus, it uses Hurricane to swallow up the attacks from Haxorus and turns it into Draco Meteor and beats Haxorus with one hit. Here’s my issue. Haxorus is supposed to be a champion level Pokémon, and Dragonite, with barely any experience, beats him. I know that Iris helped out Dragonite but it still feels like a cheap win. This is why I don’t like Ash catching fully evolved Pokémon: they are too powerful right off the bat and they usually don’t get any development.
Regardless of the 52 pages of discussion, I think almost all people agree with one thing:
The battle was rushed and this episode should be a 2-parter, especially if the next one is a filler episode about a possible recicled plot

Sham

The Guardian of War

I'm glad other people have said the same things as I've said. The battle absolutely no sense in the grand scheme of things. If the writers didn't show us Dragonite being resistant to Ice moves than this wouldn't of been a problem and if the writers didn't tell us that Haxorus was Iris' ace that wouldn't of been a problem either. I'm not even going to get into Ash doing "off screen training" because that's people main excuse on the strength level of his team. We at least know he hasn't been training Dracovish because he didn't even know he could use Ice Fang or Fishous Rend. The battle was heavily in Ash's favor. The only indication on why he won is the dialogue at the end where Ash questions why Iris is cheering him on implying she wanted him and Dragonite to win.

just played Pokemon Emerald, I remembered I always wanted Ash / May / Brock to catch an absol because I loved it

Man now that Goh got it, just need him to use it more

and Ash is closer to being a Dragon Master than her, Man, even he won with two dragons weaker

Ash is even closer to being a Water Master than Misty, he can sync with a water frog XD
If Ash want to become a pokemon master, he has to become Dragon and Water master too..

Psychic and Fairy crying in the corner.