• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Best girl Dawn, Infernape/Ash/Paul, Alolan fam <3
I mean I can see the criticism for not explaining how Iris became champion more in depth but she’s no longer a main companion and therefor unfortunately no more important than Steven. I still also stand by the fact we aren’t owed and Alder explanation because like I said it seems like an issue not exclusive to him ala Wallace.
Agreed! We already know how one becomes a champion, everyone here already knew that lol, we have been told that. What we needed was not how she became a champion, we know how that works but rather how did she become strong enough to do those feats. Which is explained by her going on a journey to challenge strong dragon type trainers and encounter strong dragon Pokémon, training and becoming one with her own Pokémon as a result. That was more necessary then just reiterating you have to beat the elite 4 and alder to become champion

ChampioN One

Lonely!
Whoa! 60 pages already. People here really want Iris to beat Alain.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly I think at this point people is selective about in which series something is good writing and bad writing, because I don't remember those complains when Steven was promoted from COTD to a Champion
Steven has always been the champion since that's his role in the original RS games. It's just that the anime for some obscure and unknown reason treated his debut like he was a COTD.

My take is that they thought about doing something with him down the road but then backpedaled. I'm going to assume he'd be the one helping out during the Aqua/Magma situation but since FRLG were around the corner (or released already; I don't know the timeline for those events) they had to switch to a Kanto character (Lance) instead.

Sham

Brilliant Dawn
Steven has always been the champion since that's his role in the original RS games. It's just that the anime for some obscure and unknown reason treated his debut like he was a COTD.

My take is that they thought about doing something with him down the road but then backpedaled. I'm going to assume he'd be the one helping out during the Aqua/Magma situation but since FRLG were around the corner (or released already; I don't know the timeline for those events) they had to switch to a Kanto character (Lance) instead.
Iirc they never introduced Steven as champion prior to XY. Wallace was stated to be in champion in the anime and considering even after Steven’s first appearance they had the opportunity to acknowledge he was champion but didn’t. We went from Wallace being announced the champion to Steven randomly between DP-XY.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Best girl Dawn, Infernape/Ash/Paul, Alolan fam <3
I thik Journeys is going with the latest games to decide a trainers status
The latest unova games had Iris as champion so they go with that
The latest Kanto games LGPE had Lance as Elite 4, they go with that
The latest hoenn games ORAS had Steven as champion, so I can see them going with that as well when he appears for Masters 8

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I thik Journeys is going with the latest games to decide a trainers status
The latest unova games had Iris as champion so they go with that
The latest Kanto games LGPE had Lance as Elite 4, they go with that
The latest hoenn games ORAS had Steven as champion, so I can see them going with that as well when he appears for Masters 8
Journeys is taking a lot of cues from the games in general. I wonder if Gary will be the Viridian City Gym Leader. It doesn’t look like it so far, but perhaps he could be taking on the position temporarily (even though they REALLY should’ve found a new permanent Gym Leader by now).

AuraChannelerChris

Disappearing isn't that bad, actually.
We went from Wallace being announced the champion to Steven randomly between DP-XY.
Then again, it was set in XY; the allergic saga towards continuity. They totally expected people not making weird faces.

AuraChannelerChris

Disappearing isn't that bad, actually.

RafaSceptile

Whoa! 60 pages already. People here really want Iris to beat Alain.
That's not going to happen, especially when we are 3 months away from the 5th anniversary

Nah those guys even have an aniversary, altough pretty crazy i didnt think this thread would get to be the 2nd largest.
Considering how Grookey was almost the 2nd largest, I think it was obvious this was going to be the 2nd largest.