• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Dragonsoldier77

I really don't know much about how useful IMDb is for anime, I just know it's pretty popular in general for TV series and after learning this episode is the highest rated I was elated and shared this. Had no idea it had such less reviews which I agree, makes it less credible.
And by review bombing I mean even if one person did it it would bring down the score :p
At the end of the day it didn't really matter, but being sore about the dub title I wanted to share this coz this sounded cool
For reference, why IMDb is usually cited for mainstream stuff is because those stuff usually get hundreds of thousand if not millions of people rating them. So the small amount of people rating anime stuff like this pretty much means nothing in the context of IMDb’s reputation .

Sham

Code Lyoko was ahead of it's time
If by review bomb you mean literally by one review, since apparently it has only had 14 rating anyways before.

Honestly, making a big deal out of scores from so few people seems like a pretty pointless endeavor. You’d easily still get more data points just from the people who post in the episode threads of this forum alone lol. Which makes sense since Imdb was never a place with lots of traffic for anime in the first place. While i still don’t take it as some end all be all statistics, i’d still take MAL over IMDb for anime statistics.
If it the topic itself it’s pointless then why even comment in the first place? What exactly are you getting out of this by pointing it out?

Dragonsoldier77

If it the topic itself it’s pointless then why even comment in the first place? What exactly are you getting out of this by pointing it out?
?

Discussing how an episode is viewed upon by people isn’t pointless, but the example @SerGoldenhandtheJust brought up was bad one given how little data points there was. So the particular data that was brought up was pretty pointless as statistic, and i pointed it out while suggesting MAL as an alternative to find anime related statistics rather than IMDb that is ill suited for it.

I’m taking part in a discussion by pointing out a flaw in what is being brought up, what else am i supposed to want out of it?

Sham

Code Lyoko was ahead of it's time
I am ready for this episode to come out next week in the dub and here Eileen voice Iris again since what has been the better half of seven years. She did an awesome job trading Aoi’s sweet and childlike voice to a snarky voice and bringing a new interpretation to Iris’s character. Both are great and I’m glad we get to hear her English voice soon.

Suicide Plush

As long as she has stoped calling Ash a kid I may actually like her, she drove me up the wall with that when we had her in the series when she is a kid also.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
"Prepare to be disappointed..."

Oh goody, I might just skip it, I love the reunion eps but this? Nope, I think I can happily miss this one and not be bothered by it.
It's early on and only shows up once, and the rest of the episode isn't too terrible as long as you don't think too hard about...most of it (which is nothing new for PM19)