• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So... Iris's Dragonite got hit with the nerf button? Single Ice Fang taking it down while Ice moves during its BW run were like mere flicks on the wrist to it.
That's actually hilarious given how much Ash's Dragonite tanks, whose clearly the Ace thus far.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
These writers are terrible at writing battles which might be why they've been shoving Goh down our throats.
Draco Meteor ass-pull was trash, but at least Hyper Beam is gone. New move should've been Dragon Rush considering Dragon Dance Dragonite and you have a better excuse of having learned it by watching Iris' Dragonite.

One of the silhouettes looked like Lucy to me but could be a generic character. Need to watch one more time to be clear.

They did Iris dirty again. She was great as a dragon master and all but they ruined her battling prowess. There were times when she wasn't able to handle the situation. Totally unlike BW Iris who was quite resourceful which was the best thing about her, imo.

MegaSalamence05

Really great episode. This episode did a lot of great things for me. The battle itself did seem slightly disconnected at a few points.

Showcased Haxorus as the rightful ace for Iris, with Iris' Dragonite acting as the placeholder until it was ready. I'm happy for Haxorus here.

Ash's Dragonite finally learning my favorite Dragon Type move of all time in Draco Meteor.

Dracovish surprised me. The guys got a jaw on it for sure.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Yes, others were quite difficult to recognize tbh.
One of them is definitely a long hair woman.
Anyone care to explain why Dragonite has Dragon Dance if all its gonna learn is Special moves? Draco Meteor is cool and all, but it gains nothing from the DD boost. Hopefully Dragon Claw wasn't dropped for it
I doubt it since it's only physical move.
One of the silhouette must be Lucy from the Battle Pike
Both Sabrina and Nessa are also likely candidates.

Well looks like some people never can be happy with anything in a single episode, and it is the exact same people than always, were, I guess I should not be surprised.

Overall, I enjoy the episode so much, glad Iris get the respect she deserves
Oh no, people don't regurgitate the same opinions as I do! The world is collapsing in on itself.
So... Iris's Dragonite got hit with the nerf button? Single Ice Fang taking it down while Ice moves during its BW run were like mere flicks on the wrist to it. That's actually hilarious given how much Ash's Dragonite tanks, whose clearly the Ace thus far.
Lots of retconing seems to have gone on.
Eh i don’t think whoever won does anything for the story.

I only wanted a good battle, but still left disappointed. The visquez fight is still the only one i really like.
I think it definitely majorly undermines previous regions and has pretty whack implications for Journeys going forward. I'm hoping there was more explanation than what I perceived. Will probably further elucidate on this point later.

Really wish Iris had won.

dman_dustin

Lucy_Masters.png

"Spiky"? You obviously don't remember what Lucy looks like.

You don't see it, the bulge?

How about a side view of Lucy: https://cdn2.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/40/Pike_Queen_Lucy.png/250px-Pike_Queen_Lucy.png

You don't see the pompadour style spike hair, or Lucy's bangs? Whereas the in the Silhouette there is no bangs. It's just straight back hair like Sabrina.

Look okay I don't know all the hair descriptors but its hair that juts out separately from her hair that's combed back. AKA Jutting Hair equals spiky hair.

diakyu

Iris bragging about being champion when she should be more like our humble king Ash and never mention it lmao

Decidueye23

I really hope thats nessa. Need some galar representation

I wonder what the conversation between iris and dragonite was?