• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

dman_dustin

None of that makes it spiky. Misty has spiky hair. Lucy's hair is long, mostly straight, rounded and soft. It is in no way sharp or spiky.

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY IN THAT POST?

I DON'T KNOW HAIR TERMINOLOGY.

Jesus christ, I'm not a hairstylist.

Spiky- "Sharp protruding point" which is exactly what it looks like to me, I don't give a crap about correct hair terminology, I was going with the drfinition of spiky, not the "spiky hairstyle"

Why is it so god damn hard to actually look at Lucy's hair and see that is simply more complex than the sihouette, there would be a slight bulge indicating her bang, the protruding hair that we see in Lucy's battle frontier silhouette that we already have seen in thae battle frontier opening. How it doesn't natch because her hair has whip like qualities not seen in the silhouette in today's episode.

Did anyone find it strange that Goh caught Pansear and Panpour but not Pansage? But again Goh's captures are pointless anyway.
Clian return hint :oops:

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
i suppose something else to consider about Ice Fang doing so much damage (besides practically eating Dragonite which the mental imagery isn't going to leave for a long time, thank you anime) I'm going to assume Dracovish's does have Strong Jaw, which would've made it's ice fang more powerful than one from something like Mamoswine.
If going that way, then Mamoswine also has STAB which cancels out the strong jaw effect (both have a 50% boost). IIRC, Mamoswine hit Dragonite more than once but it still annihilated it. This version of Dragonite is supposedly much stronger and more controlled.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
There's a possibility of that for sure. Don't think people have really acclimated to the major implications Ash winning here has for Journeys and even worse what it does to previous seasons.

Oh god...
It's funny how similar this is to the Korrina battle in a lot of ways, with it being a 2 v 2 battle against a former traveling companion who realistically should have been stronger, but is somehow portrayed even weaker. Right down to Dragonite being the star in both battles. Obviously here it's a much bigger deal given the whole champion status and how much we'd seen Iris battle before though. Back when it happened with Korrina you could chalk it up as a fluke, but now it's obvious they've stopped caring about any sort of proper powerscaling. Not that it was ever truly consistent, but it's been completely thrown out the window now

Haha well that's the Unova Champion for you. Now definitely confirmed to be the weakest champion. Even Lance is 'just' an E4 but he's leagues above Iris.

Defeated by Ash's 'noob' Pokémon. At least we now know for sure that Unova is the weakest region trainer-wise.

Was it explained how she became champion?

eros96

Ok, the episode in my opinion was a good one, i enjoyed it. I always thought that Iris should have been just the opelucid Gym Leader in the anime and not the Unova Champion, but ok . The battle was good, not spectacular but far from being mediocre, it was ok ... that last part was animated so well tbh. I'm so happy that Ash defeated the strongest trainer in Unova and he's now in the Hyper Class . I can't wait for Ash's rematch against Bea in the Hyper Class, and this time we all know that he's gonna win , there's no way he'll get another loss or a draw against her .

It's funny how similar this is to the Korrina battle in a lot of ways, with it being a 2 v 2 battle against a former traveling companion who realistically should have been stronger, but is somehow portrayed even weaker. Right down to Dragonite being the star in both battles. Obviously here it's a much bigger deal given the whole champion status and how much we'd seen Iris battle before though. Back when it happened with Korrina you could chalk it up as a fluke, but now it's obvious they've stopped caring about any sort of proper powerscaling. Not that it was ever truly consistent, but it's been completely thrown out the window now
Yup, as I mentioned Journeys has certain predictable writing quirks that are evident throughout the show.

Rune Knight

I think if someone can figure out whatever the head shape of what I'm amusing to be a pokémon peeking from under Bea's elbow belongs we'll get a much clearer idea.

It's probably not Jigglypuff, but to me it looks like Jigglypuff, or at least that's the first thing that came to mind but I think that I am almost certainly wrong.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If going that way, then Mamoswine also has STAB which cancels out the strong jaw effect (both have a 50% boost). IIRC, Mamoswine hit Dragonite more than once but it still annihilated it.

again though, combine that with having your oxygen supply cut off by having your head chewed on at the same time as getting frozen...i think this would've been more painful in retrospect

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Now I'm sad this will be the only Iris appearance

Now with all familiar face shilluoete , and reversed comeback, please no more offscreen rank up, i want all onscreen and no more one on one it's hyper class now also can Goh shenanigans didn't happen in one ash focus pwc episode, because is kinda ate up the episode eventhough isn't much

Journey for me really hurt by the episodic nature, i wish it was 2 parter also

I will fondly remember that we are getting a rehashed plotline from Kalos next week instead of a two parter for Iris who we're just finding out has become the champion and quite possibly will never see her again.
We aren't seeing her again for sure. Seems pretty clear to me that this is a one and done type situation. Maybe a flashback or something in the future episodes?