• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

Kaye Cruiser

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY IN THAT POST?

I DON'T KNOW HAIR TERMINOLOGY.
Then maybe don't talk about things you don't understand instead of spouting silly things that equate to "I don't care if I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about! I'm still gonna say I'm right!"

Wild, my friend. The terms you are looking for are wild and maybe a little unruly. Besides, I never said that the silhouette was her. I was just correcting you on saying tha it couldn't be cause hr hair was "spiky" when it isn't. That's all.

Chill out and lay down or something. It's not that serious and it's way too early in the morning for this silliness. lol

Morax

King of heroes
Just reading this makes my head hurt :(
Ash's unrealistic progression wouldn't have bothered me if this was any other anime where MCs come up with all sorts of asspulls to defeat the big bad guy ; but this is pokemon and Ash isn't trying to save the world. All the contrived 'power ups' he gets aren't for the benefit of humanity or any noble intentions, they only serve to progress him and him alone. You have to wonder "why is that guy so lucky?"

D

Deleted member 384931

Well Hyper Beam is an usless move on Dragonite. Iris'Dragonite and Satoshis Dracofish went down waay to easy. The battle was medicore 7/10

If going that way, then Mamoswine also has STAB which cancels out the strong jaw effect (both have a 50% boost). IIRC, Mamoswine hit Dragonite more than once but it still annihilated it. This version of Dragonite is supposedly much stronger and more controlled.
In real martial arts battle, what part is hit matter. True Mamoswine hit Angrynite multiple time with Ice Shard but it is ready to receive it and it hit the scaly part.

This time, Angrynite had his head, neck, and torso all in Dracovish's mouth. The Ice Fang freeze the whole body. Not only the Ice Fang hit critically but the Ice also hurt the whole body. Not to mention getting slammed to the floor in frozen state. That is insanely damaging.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The problem is that if Iris didn't just start the PWC, the implication seems to mean that Volkner and Bea are stronger than her.
Did y’all not learn not to judge characters strength based on who beat them or other non relevant battles? May defeated Zoey easily and Dawn defeated May but Dawn never defeated Zoey in the course of that whole series.

diakyu

It's cool they kept Haxorus mostly under wraps and Drayden totally under wraps unless he was in the VA list I didn't look

Did y’all not learn not to judge characters strength based on who beat them or other non relevant battles? May defeated Zoey easily and Dawn defeated May but Dawn never defeated Zoey in the course of that whole series.
Sure, but Dawn obviously had narrative match-up issues/rival hangups with Zoey?

dman_dustin

Then maybe don't talk about things you don't understand instead of spouting silly things that equate to "I don't care if I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about! I'm still gonna say I'm right!"

Wild, my friend. The terms you are looking for are wild and maybe a little unruly. Besides, I never said that the silhouette was her. I was just correcting you on saying tha it couldn't be cause hr hair was "spiky" when it isn't. That's all.

Chill out and lay down or something. It's not that serious and it's way too early in the morning for this silliness. lol

Jesus christ, the point was the hairstyles don't match.

It's like me saying the sky is "blue" and you shoving it down my throat "Um, excuse you it's Maya Blue" (hypothetically speaking) and acting like I'm supposed to know what the hell "Maya Blue" except in reality you didn't say "Maya Blue" you just mocked me for calling it "blue" as if I somehow was supposed to pull out my ass "Maya Blue" despite clear context what I meant.

Now instead of "the color of the sky" replace it with Lucy's hairstyle.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
The problem is that if Iris didn't just start the PWC, the implication seems to mean that Volkner and Bea are stronger than her.
And Korrina lost in the top 1000. Despite being one of the stronger gym leaders.

Thing is, PWC is matchup based, one trainer can get lined up with E4's and gym leaders come continuously and another trainer can have weaklings lined up from the start. It's possible that Iris fought some really tough cookies and dropped in ranks a little before coming up to the ranks she was in.