• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

How do you know?
I don't know, which was why I was wondering if they had mentioned that.
And Korrina lost in the top 1000. Despite being one of the stronger gym leaders.

Thing is, PWC is matchup based, one trainer can get lined up with E4's and gym leaders come continuously and another trainer can have weaklings lined up from the start. It's possible that Iris fought some really tough cookies and dropped in ranks a little before coming up to the ranks she was in.
Ah yeah, that could work. Really wish there was more background info.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Sure, but Dawn obviously had narrative match-up issues/rival hangups with Zoey?
Context doesn’t really matter in this situation. Yes Zoey was Dawn’s long time rival but it just goes to show how you can’t power scale (which is trivial already) by second hand wins. Ultimately we don’t know if Bea or anyone is stronger than Iris. The only thing we do know is that Ash won here.

From a beast Dragonite vs a newbie Dracovish. And the problem is that Angrynite was straight up slaughtering Happynite but then lost to Dracovish without landing a hit. We know that Dracovish is weaker than Happynite.
Dracovish hits harder while Dragonite is more of a tank.
WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY IN THAT POST?

I DON'T KNOW HAIR TERMINOLOGY.

Jesus christ, I'm not a hairstylist.

Spiky- "Sharp protruding point" which is exactly what it looks like to me, I don't give a crap about correct hair terminology, I was going with the drfinition of spiky, not the "spiky hairstyle"

Why is it so god damn hard to actually look at Lucy's hair and see that is simply more complex than the sihouette, there would be a slight bulge indicating her bang, the protruding hair that we see in Lucy's battle frontier silhouette that we already have seen in thae battle frontier opening. How it doesn't natch because her hair has whip like qualities not seen in the silhouette in today's episode.
I have only seen the silhouette once but that girl looked more like Lucy or Nessa than Sabrina. Only talking from memory. Could very well be wrong.

Context doesn’t really matter in this situation. Yes Zoey was Dawn’s long time rival but it just goes to show how you can’t power scale (which is trivial already) by second hand wins. Ultimately we don’t know if Bea or anyone is stronger than Iris. The only thing we do know is that Ash won here.
What? Context definitely matters. It's why it's the explanation @Aryash Bajaj gave makes sense on an assumption level based on how the PWC could presumably function.

dman_dustin

The problem is that if Iris didn't just start the PWC, the implication seems to mean that Volkner and Bea are stronger than her.

I mean not exactly it just means Bea and Volkner started before Iris not necessarily Iris entered a few days ago.

On top of the rankings issue of who you are paired up against. Like say Leon vs Volkner in great class.

Dracovish hits harder while Dragonite is more of a tank.

I have only seen the silhouette once but that girl looked more like Lucy or Nessa than Sabrina. Only talking from memory. Could very well be wrong

Does Google nor twitter exist. The silhoutte has a simple hairstyle neiyher Lucy nor Nessa have as simple hairstyles.

It might not be Sabrina but it sure as hell isn't Lucy or Nessa unless they messed up their hairstyles.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Iris and her Dragonite having different reactions to Dracovish was both cute in iris case and funny in dragonites.

i just wish i wasn't going to be mentally scarred now because of what Dracovish ended up doing, the thing is a playful deceptive vicious pokemon.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
What? Context definitely matters. It's why it's the explanation @Aryash Bajaj gave makes sense on an assumption level based on how the PWC could presumably function.
If you say so? The logistics of the anime aren’t on your side on this one but if you want to found secondary battle results go nuts.

If you say so? The logistics of the anime aren’t on your side on this one but if you want to found secondary battle results go nuts.
The anime is actually remarkably consistent in some things, as much as it can be for a long-running show, but I agree, the logistics in this instance definitely aren't " on my side " based on the info Dephender gave and how the PWC/Journeys functions in its divergence from previous shows.

J. D. Guy

Another layer of brilliance I just realized is that this battle was also a reference to the general style of battles in Black and White, as seen in Gym matches, Don George Tournaments, one-time things, and so on.

Black and White tended to emphasize who a Pokemon was as a character through battles and skirmishes. This was also synched to how they would characterize the trainers who took part in them in a given battle, both as participants using those Pokemon and as audience observers reacting to how thing play out. (This isn't new in itself, but BW was where this was the most emphasized, in my opinion. It's one of the reasons BW's battles are in my heart and mind, despite not always adhering to the Shonen-esque flashiness as heavily and as forwardly as some of the other series.) This meant a lot of characterization establishment and growth establishment happened during these fights (which explains why many Pokemon evolved in the midst of a battle).

Today's battle did just that.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I wonder what Drayden was saying when it showed Iris next to Claire and Goodra

"After concluding her journey with Satoshi-kun, Iris continued to study, fighting Dragon Trainers in various places and meeting Dragon Pokémon. Believing in her Pokémon, she then ascended all the way to the position of Champion."