• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

mystreon

the elder eevee
So who do you guys think the other two are, im confident about bea, volkner and i think ones nessa? or sabrina?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This episode was amazing! It didn't feel rushed like the Korrina episode did, they put most of the focus on Ash, Drayden actually appeared, we got a return of Emolga while Excadrill showed up through a flashback, Axew finally evolved into Haxorus, the battle was intense, the chemistry between Ash & Iris was still the same, Iris actually showed improvement in her Dragon Master skills, AND we got a tease at the upcoming matches now that Ash is in the Ultra Class. Also, as a minor visual reference, I'm glad the city shot of Opelucid City when Ash & Goh first arrived showed the tower Iris used to climb up when she attended Drayden's school

Some people may think it sucked or it's mediocre, but I'm personally giving this episode a 10/10!

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
With one attack Dracovish is now apparently a champion level mon lol

It still got beaten, just because it choke froze (can't believe i'm saying this...) iris Dragonite into submission which still makes me cringe each time i watch it doesn't mean it's a champion level pokemon, besides it's also clear that like I expected Iris didn't know what Dracovish was capable of...none of us did.

Also, I just now realized something else.

in the BW games, Iris and Drayden are the ones who teach Draco Meteor to dragon pokemon...and what did Ash's Dragonite get here when both were present?

Heck it almost felt like Iris might have subconsciously helped it learn that move to an extent.

Petition to remove Dragonite as Iris’ ace because that losing streak is just horrible at this point.

it didn't really feel like her ace in this instance.

diakyu

Wait wasn’t it Noivern that’s big and reliable?
I genuinely can't remember they were both pretty bad lol

Angrynite was hit by Dragon Claw and Hurricane. Angrynite got half eaten then chomped down by Ice Fang before slammed to the floor while in frozen state.

Is that one shot?
Getting one shot just means when I don't like something it seems

Context doesn’t really matter in this situation. Yes Zoey was Dawn’s long time rival but it just goes to show how you can’t power scale (which is trivial already) by second hand wins. Ultimately we don’t know if Bea or anyone is stronger than Iris. The only thing we do know is that Ash won here.
People here act like there are power levels in the anime. There is no point debating about it.
I mean not exactly it just means Bea and Volkner started before Iris not necessarily Iris entered a few days ago.

On top of the rankings issue of who you are paired up against. Like say Leon vs Volkner in great class.

Does Google nor twitter exist. The silhoutte has a simple hairstyle neiyher Lucy nor Nessa have as simple hairstyles.

It might not be Sabrina but it sure as hell isn't Lucy or Nessa unless they messed up their hairstyles.
Google wasn't returning a favorable result and I hate twitter.

Anyway, after seeing the image again I can say it isn't Lucy or Nessa. Might be Sabrina

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wait wasn’t it Noivern that’s big and reliable?
Noivern never won a single match though, so I wouldn't call it reliable. At least Goodra beat Luxray at the Lumiose Gym

Rune Knight

I hope and pray something Alola related, please just one more crumb of content is all I ask
Alola definitely needs to make its re-appearance soon. Since it appeared in episode 37 then reasonably there should be another one around episode 74. It probably doesn't appear as frequently because its regarded as recent.

As for the content, a Moh arc or episode is likely. Also the poster shows Tapu-Koko which has yet to appear in the series. Personally, I would like an episode where Ash gets called back to defend his title.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Petition to remove Dragonite as Iris’ ace because that losing streak is just horrible at this point.
Yeah i just realized it ad lost all the high profile matches it has been in with 0 win rate vs drayden, then claire and now ash.

dman_dustin

I do think the battle illustrated why Ash beat Iris.

It was clear by the way draco meteor was handled that Ash knew what he was doing, even catching Iris off guard, as I said in the preview thread when they allow Ash to, he's an extremely good trainer but he's always unjustifyingly held back.

Noivern never won a single match though, so I wouldn't call it reliable. At least Goodra beat Luxray at the Lumiose Gym

Because Doublade isn't a real pokemon.

Unite with me fellow #Doubladeisntreal-ers.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
What did annoy me a bit that we didn‘t even see Excadrill. it was Iris Ace and should‘ve get some spotlight. I do hope we might get a rematch 3vs3 at least maybe in the Top 8 considering Iris is a League Champ now.

The writing for Iris continues to be so inconsistent. Seeing her getting a beating from Ash‘s barely developed Pokes and her still apparently being a Champ. Would‘ve preffered if she was a Gym leader.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
So here is the thing. Without sound like a deranged fan I think it was Dragonite who sunk the ship. Iris could very well be an excellent trainer and probably could defeat Ash (she did it with Excadrill) but for some reason something keeps possessing her to use Dragonite despite his terrible losing streak. Couple that with Ash’s Dragonite’s out of nowhere tankness from taking all those Dragon type moves and that’s why he won. She also seemed less interested in taking the battle seriously towards the latter end and was just enjoying what was going on.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Dragon claw and Thunder Punch canceled each other out and Hurricane might as well have been Gust it didn't even push him back lol.

The Ice Fang was the only attack that fazed him so yes, one hit. It was lame as hell and rushed.

Y’know, just because the attacks cancelled each other out doesn’t mean that they didn’t do any damage. Ash’s Dragonite and Iris’ Dragonite both took damage from that clash, even if it wasn’t as much. And Hurricane may not have pushed Dragonite back, but it clearly did tons of chip damage to Dragonite. Didn’t you see the way the wind was pelting him?