• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Honestly it’s not even about what counts as an OHKO or not that’s bad with vish’s part in the battle, it’s how it felt like it was only there as a ‘take away 2 pokemon’ button.

It felt like the battle the writers really want to tell was nite vs nite and nite vs haxorus, and vish was just there to facilitate it. It just immediately took angrynite out after it had it’s time, and then get immediately taken out so dragonite can fight again. It felt almost pointless on it’s own.

What would’ve been better was if they had cut down on the initial nite vs nite, so there would be more of an actual battle between vish and angrynite.

DeltaGod770

I haven't enjoyed an episode this much in very long time. The episode did a fantastic job of portraying just how much both Ash and Iris have grown towards reaching their respective goals.

Could the writing have been a little bit tighter? Probably, but honestly I don't care lol because my precious boy, Dracovish, aka "The Champ Slayer 3000," put that angry boy Dragonite in his place. Also seemingly Ash's Dragonite might have learned Draco Meteor and gained more confidence in itself and Ash.

As for the silhouettes at the end, Bea was a given but I'm surprised Volkner is coming back. Can't tell who the rest are though especially that one female. Cynthia, Lillie, Sabrina? No idea tbh...

All in all, after a long stint of mediocre episodes it was refreshing to finally see a good Ash battle episode once again and to see just how much Iris has grown since B&W. Hopefully now that Ash has reached Hyper class, these types of episodes will be more frequent but I'm not holding my breath with these writers. Nonetheless, great episode overall. 8.5/10

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Honestly it’s not even about what counts as an OHKO or not that’s bad with vish’s part in the battle, it’s how it felt like it was only there as a ‘take away 2 pokemon’ button.

It felt like the battle the writers really want to tell was nite vs nite and nite vs haxorus, and vish was just there to facilitate it. It just immediately took angrynite out after it had it’s time, and then get immediately taken out so dragonite can fight again. It felt almost pointless on it’s own.

What would’ve been better was if they had cut down on the initial nite vs nite, so there would be more of an actual battle between vish and angrynite.
That’s been happening with a lot of the 2 v 2 battles, like with Gengar and Farfetch’d in the Korrina and Bea battles respectively. Pretty lame.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I go to sleep for a few hours and came back to 15 Pages worth of Discussion?

Obvious Haxorus reveal was Obvious

So can we just all agree that Dragonite is Ash's Ace at this point? Because it certainly has done a LOT more work than Lucario has atm lmao

Also WOW that Volkner leak was actually legit? At least I was right about the Luxray merchandise not being Clemonts

Really curious about that girl behind Bea.
As much as I want it to be Sabrina that might open up a whole a can of worms regarding a certain Ghost Type Pokémon

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So ... how did Iris know where to send a letter to? Or does Ash post pictures of his journey off screen and his friends figured out where he is just by geotagging?

GhostWallker98

The overall episode was good and enjoyable. Battle-wise, yes it was mediocre. I like the battle between Ash and Rinto a lot better though because there was more development involved compared to this one. I understand Iris was only a special appearance, but they still could have done a bit more. 8/10. The rest of the parts were great. Cannot wait for the hyper class battles, hopefully we get more quality battles.

AuraKshatriya

He says she's "Isshu-chiho saikyo no Trainer", but then further clarifies that by that, he means she "holds the position of Champion", so it's just meant as a description of that title. "The top Trainer in the Isshu region" as opposed to "the strongest Trainer".
"Saikyo" as "greatest" is often used analogously to "strongest" in the series, though, from what I recall.

Either way I was referring to that same line so I suppose there was an embedded inference of strength on my part, but yes, his statement really helps clear up ambiguity.

We don't technically know if Alder stepped down or she defeated him in the anime but it's probably reasonable to assume the intent was also to indicate she was the strongest as well.

Again, though, I think Alder could be the exception if he just resigned but later comes out of retirement for Master Class, still rendering Shaga's statement true since Iris would ne the strongest active trainer or strongest one embedded within the League structure.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I wish Champion Iris would've won. I said what I said. Overall I'm content with Ash's Dragonite's development but Iris' Pokemon put in the work to get to that point.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I can't believe some people are actually acting like Iris didn't take the battle seriously to somehow justify her losing. Why wouldn't she take the fight seriously? Ash beat her fair n' square, blame the writers if you didn't like the writing.

That’s...the best thing I’ve ever seen you say.

I personally like the Dracovish part, the writer is correct to teach kids that no matter how strong they are, never underestimate opponent.

Irish clearly say that she had Haxorus avoiding Dracovish's jaw. She know that even though Haxorus is stronger, it will fall prey to that jaw if not careful, just like the Angrynite.