• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Nothing implies goodra was even hers, and why would she use an unevolved mon instead of someone ash would recognize for their fight?

Lol sure. Just keep telling yourself that angrynite is a monster only in offscreen land, whenever people talk about how it loses a lot. That’s definitely a nice W for you.

Your whole argument has been Iris’ other pokemon carried her and Dragonite didn’t and she wanted to use dragons against Ash. So based on your argument, that would mean her best bet are Gible and Haxorus. Gible not being evolved means nothing.

My original post was never supposed to be a big deal. You’re the one who replied to me so the only one bothered is you. I’ve presented nothing about realistic logic while your whole argument is Dragonite is a failure and didn’t help her become champion at all.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Overall, it wasn't a terrible episode. Absolutely felt rushed, but still great to see Iris and Ash being childish for a moment. Dragonite's reaction to Dracovish actually got an audible laugh from me, and that was definitely one of my highlights. Not for nothing, I wasn't expecting Iris to win but it makes sense why, 3 generations later, she's had a significant level of growth and has rounded out her team a bit more. The Goodra aspect is something I would have wanted to be addressed a bit more, or even acknowledged on Ash's end (unless I missed something?), and a mirror match of Dragonite/Goodra would have been great, but for what we got? This battle was meant to be the hurdle for Hyper Class, and what happened happened.

Now, I don't know whether to expect Ash to just have back to back wins up through to the top 8, or if he's gonna fall down a class and then rebound? With Bea coming back (as to be expected), I'm interested to see how Ash will handle their third battle. Volkner was also anticipated, but still kind of surprising imo? As for the other sillhouettes, who knows, but I'm sure we won't have to wait too much longer before leaks/confirmation. I highly doubt Ash will make it through Hyper class without at least one loss, but who knows. Stranger things have happened.

What was more exiting than the episode was reading the comments here about the episode before watching it lol
Funny reading some comments were wildly off the mark just because the posters do not understand the conversation

Ash had Dracovish using Fishious Rend went unnoticed.

Drayden mentioning Angrynite's battle experience went unnoticed.

Anyone notice the scream of Rotom Drone?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Your whole argument has been Iris’ other pokemon carried her and Dragonite didn’t and she wanted to use dragons against Ash. So based on your argument, that would mean her best bet are Gible and Haxorus. Gible not being evolved means nothing.

My original post was never supposed to be a big deal. You’re the one who replied to me so the only one bothered is you. I’ve presented nothing about realistic logic while your whole argument is Dragonite is a failure and didn’t help her become champion at all.
My point was never about calling dragonite a failure, or that i even slightly believe everything i’ve been saying.

My point was that saying dragonite doesn’t have a losing streak when it’s what we’ve seen and what matters, because it ‘probably’ wins offscreen is dumb.

I’m kinda annoyed that Iris helped Ash win and yes, there is no denying that. She just had to help his Dragonite when the win was right there in front of her. Ash proved himself useless during that situation and only benefited from what Iris did.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Y’know, the ONLY thing I would’ve changed about this episode would’ve been to have an Alder cameo—even if only to show Iris beating him. Sadly, it looks like the people behind this franchise care as much about him as most fans do...

But other than that, this episode was PERFECT. I dunno where all of the talk of subpar animation is coming from; the animation was great. Yeah, the battle was slightly lacking in action, but it made up for it in character moments/interactions—much like many of SM’s battles. A battle isn’t simply a fight, after all; it’s also a story. I really enjoyed the story being told here. Also, I thought that the pacing was fine in this episode, for the most part. Dracovish vs. Haxorus could’ve been longer, I suppose, but the short length was effective at showing just how strong Haxorus has become. Man, Axew has come such a long way!

And speaking of coming a long way...Iris, mah girl, I’m so proud of you. Masters already made her my favorite Dragon-type Trainer and Champ in the franchise, and this episode solidified that opinion in solid gold. Her personality from BW hasn’t changed for the most part, but she’s obviously gained several levels in awesomeness, wisdom, and...magical talent? I knew that she was an empath with Dragon-types or something, but that whole thing with her and Dragonite was something else. I gotta know, how does that even work? Is it kind of like Yellow from the manga?

Overall, 10/10 episode. Loved it from beginning to end. The next two episodes don’t look that special, but then again, JN061 was great, so anything can happen!

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I’m kinda annoyed that Iris helped Ash win and yes, there is no denying that. She just had to help his Dragonite when the win was right there in front of her. Ash proved himself useless during that situation and only benefited from what Iris did.
Well, ultimately, it just shows that Iris is the bigger person and is willing to help out other dragons even at the cost of her own defeat.

A true depiction of an aspiring Dragon Master.

My point was never about calling dragonite a failure, or that i even slightly believe everything i’ve been saying.

My point was that saying dragonite doesn’t have a losing streak when it’s what we’ve seen and what matters, because it ‘probably’ wins offscreen is dumb.

I clearly said “maybe an on-screen losing streak”. That makes sense but I don’t think it has one in general based on Iris’ status. I stand by that. I don’t know why it’s such a triggering statement for you.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Now that I have watched the episode, I guess it's time for a review.

First and foremost, I like to compliment this episode in how it paced out the focus. Goh's Captures got only a slideshow and that is enough for me. That is how it should be from every Ash-Focused Episode from now on. I was eventually worried that the Episode might be super-rushed (as it was with the Kalos & Alola Episode) but the focus was well divided that I dare say I enjoyed this episode much more than either Episode 25 or Episode 37 in terms of pacing. Now onto Iris being Champion. I am pretty disappointed that they didn't elaborate on how she became Champion. It was just a generic explanation and that's disappointing. And the fact that Ash or Goh never knew that Iris was Unova Champion until now makes me wonder if the Internet or TV even properly show/telecast Pokemon Battles in the Pokemon World. Now the character portrayal of Iris in this episode was amazing. She was more likable here than she was in 95% of BW. Including her more aura-like communication with Dragon Pokemon (including Ash's Dragonite). However, I slightly wonder if she went a bit easy of Ash near the end of the battle or underestimated in him (to me it seemed like it). I really liked her expressions (they were very fluid) and were cute. I was glad to see Drayden again (with an Axew) as well. Now onto the Battle itself, I really enjoyed it. It was nice seeing Iris's Champion Dragonite completely wipe the floor with Ash's Dragonite. You could easily see the Power Difference but I do have a lot of problems which are hard to overlook. If Iris's Dragonite is so strong, why did it get one-shotted by Ash's Near-Zero Experienced Dracovish (who later also got one-shotted by Iris's Next Pokemon). Dracovish only got 2 Minutes in Action. It makes really no sense. And there is no absolute frickin way that Ash's Dragonite can take that much of (VISIBLE) damage, we are not even talking about the damage which was invisible (psychological, etc.) and still be on two legs. Regardless of these problems, I still enjoyed the battle a lot and the "Best Wishes" pun at the end of sweet.

I predicted that Ash would win and go to 99th Place. Anyway, it was interesting to see Volkner in the silhouette at the end. It will be interesting to see what happens.

It was Ash who come up with Hurricane Counter Shield to repel Psycho Cut. It was Ash who told Dragonite to use Hurricane to turn Haxorus's Dragon Pulse into meteor showers just like in performance.

Last edited:
It was Ash who come with Hurricane Counter Shield. It was Ash who told Dragonite to use Hurricane to turn Haxorus's Dragon Pulse into meteor showers.
I was talking about restoring Dragonite’s confidence or pain (whatever was going on). Iris speaking to it reengerized it, not Ash who just stood there.

I was talking about restoring Dragonite’s confidence or pain (whatever was going on). Iris speaking to it reengerized it, not Ash who just stood there.
Is it really like that? Dragonite was already on fire, ready to continue for battle even before Iris talk. It's like Iris talk had nothing to do with it.

Last edited: