• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Wow... people are seriously coming up with contrived excuses to deny Ash a legitimate win now?
Just people who can't stomach the idea of Ash legitimately being as strong as a Champion-level Trainer now.

BlueLight

One of the greatest episodes in this series and the battle was one of the greatest matches, though it was two on two battle. But what was more? Iris and Ash, both regional champions, clashed after their last meeting in BW. I think I like Iris now, because she has greatly developed into a true champion! Though I don't like the Iris that much in BW, ha ha! But really this episode showed features that were present in the BW games. I really liked this episode.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I don't think Iris going easy on Ash is an unpopular opinion here. Most of the people seem to like the Episode and agree with this as well.
Then you could claim Ash went easy on Iris, and every single trainer he's ever fought with his regional team, because he wasn't using Charizard or Sceptile in every match. Iris clearly thought she could win the way she was doing things and simply misread the situation horribly, or that she doesn't respect her own title as Champion and would throw matches for no reason; something that doesn't line up with Iris' character.

RafaSceptile

Oh no, people don't regurgitate the same opinions as I do! The world is collapsing in on itself.

Lots of retconing seems to have gone on.

I think it definitely majorly undermines previous regions and has pretty whack implications for Journeys going forward. I'm hoping there was more explanation than what I perceived. Will probably further elucidate on this point later.

Really wish Iris had won.
There is a difference between actual criticism and complaining by complaining like a lot of people are with Journeys. This episode is far from mediocre as some people say, a mediocre episode is like a CotD filler episode.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
If the the anime's budget could afford Aoi Yuki for a two-parter, they would. People don't realize how much she likely costs because they likely have only heard her as Iris.

I got what I wanted, so I'm not complaining.

And people really going with the "IF IT ISN'T IN-FRAME, IT DOESN'T EXIST" mentality that poisons so many anime fandoms....

Dragonite gets speed from Dragon Dance. It isn't a useless move.

And the predictable battle lines were drawn here & on Bulbagarden...

Sham

The Guardian of War
If the the anime's budget could afford Aoi Yuki for a two-parter, they would. People don't realize how much she likely costs because they likely have only heard her as Iris.

I got what I wanted, so I'm not complaining.

And people really going with the "IF IT ISN'T IN-FRAME, IT DOESN'T EXIST" mentality that poisons so many anime fandoms....

Dragonite gets speed from Dragon Dance. It isn't a useless move.

And the predictable battle lines were drawn here & on Bulbagarden...
The Pokemon franchise is worth more than 9 billon dollars and is one of the top companies in the world. I think they could spared Aoi for another episode. Especially since they've been constantly using her in the games frequently.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The Pokemon franchise is worth more than 9 billon dollars and is one of the top companies in the world. I think they could spared Aoi for another episode. Especially since they've been constantly using her in the games frequently.
You'd be surprised how cheap (and underpaid) the anime cast acutally is.

And Eevee is mostly stock noises from LGPE. So they likely didn't pay much.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Oh yeah, I actually was under the impression non-Idol seiyuu get paid like trash (animators are paid terribly worse) that’s being said I wonder if that’s why Koharu isn’t a full time cast member?
I assume that since she's voiced by f-ing Kana Hanazawa, they use her sparingly because it's more expensive.

But I have no idea how payments work in this scenario.

AuraKshatriya

Maybe @Dephender can help us the context in that dialog is iris help calm happynite ?
Didn't intend to double post but I can't seem to edit this quote in.

Dephender'll probably get to it but:
"Dragonite, try to relax. You love Satoshi, don't you? So do your best. You're truly kind. My Haxorus, even back when it was a little Axew was very kind. But as we learned all sorts of moves, battling became more fun. It was fun for this little one, and it was fun for me. Say, Dragonite should go for having a fun battle too. That will also be fun for Satoshi too."

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Can Ash's next battle be a bit more difficult to him, please. Dracovish made Angrynite its ***** with a single Ice Fang (and Dracovish is outright fresh of the oven!), and Iris kind of helped Happynite beat her own Haxorus. It kind of looked ridiculous that, for a battle that had the Hyper Class entry at stake against a Champion...it had really no stake whatsoever with how it went down. Hell, Sirfetch'd battle was just slightly better but not really good (because of all the talking).

(...Then again, the top BW trainers are all weirdos.)

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
VAing-wise.
Yeah, it's true. I read an article how people who works in the Japanese anime industry are paying way less to the American cartoon counterparts, and they still live in tiny appartments to survive, which is a shame because the world outside Japan cares more about anime now that they're willing to invest more for the anime franchises and would expect to share these profits to the staffs.

Last edited: