• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Some people really did not understand the episode here.

Of course because people are choosing to see what they want to see.

For example we've got someone in denial that Ash can not be a good tactician in battle when he's more than proven he can be, people trying to save face for Iris when there is no need, and others trying to come up with excuses for various plot points during the battle.

I wish everyone would be willing to accept the outcome, but that apparently will not happen, conflict is just something natural for this site.
Ash's Dragonite didn't love to battle, it battled because of her love to Ash. Ash's Dragonite gave her best because she wanted to fight for ash. Iris just showed to Ash's Dragonite that battling can be fun and with that way that she can still impress Ash, and make him happy. Because Dragonite's happiness comes from Ash's happiness. Ash's Dragonite's durability comes from her love to Ash. The will to fight for him. Like I said, Iris just showed, that she can still do the same by having fun in battles. Thats why Iris said, that she should relax. Ash's Dragonite is a kind one, thats what Iris felt by touching it.

Before that, Ash already gave Dragonite the order to battle, since he had a plan already, as you can see the battle vow Dragonite made before Iris touched it. Iris didn't expect that Ash would come with a strategy, to use Hurricane to absorb Dragon Pulse and to turn it into Draco Meteor. She was caught off guard. So she didn't have chance anymore to evade, it was too late.

Wait..is it confirmed Ash's is female?
Iris's Dragonite lost, because Iris never saw a Dracovish as a species. So, like Ash lost to Bea's Grapploct Iris's Dragonite lost to Dracovish. The problem is, Iris ordered her Dragonite to directly attack it because she didn't know that Dracovish had such a strong jaw. The point is, Dracovish bit Dragonite's head, so it couldn't even hear orders from Iris. The Ice Fang a 4x move + Dragonite's unfortunate situation lead to its loss. If Iris knew Dracovish before, Dragoran would win. Because as you can see, she directly ordered Haxorus to attack Dracovish from the "distance" by using Psycho cut,. So it was a easy win for Haxorus against Dracovish.

At least she adapted quickly and realized that going at mr.chewie mc gonna bite you dead by your head (Seriously this episode has now scarred me of how to perceive Dracovish!!!) directly wasn't a good idea, that's a sign of a good trainer as is Ash's battle tactics.

Who is Archer from Sn

Fate Stay Night, might want to look it up if you don't know what it is, it started as a visual novel, but has spawned many anime adaptations and movies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Would you watch the episode?

Ash absolutely before Iris said damn, had planned to use hurricane as a shield, to get Iris to use dragon pulse to create draco meteor

Again

ASH DID NOT KNOW WHAT IRIS TOLD DRAGONITE THEREFORE IT DID NOT INFLUENCE **** on Ash's part.

Because Iris focused on Dragonite not Ash which was Iris's downfall

Let's not be absolutely stupid and not realize trainers give commands to their Pokemon, they don't just do things on their own, yhey can but they typically don't.
You can’t even spell correctly in this post so don’t call me stupid. If you think Ash won this by his own merit that’s fine but don’t quote my posts about my own opinion especially when I wasn’t even being arrogant or aggressive about it.

dman_dustin

You can’t even spell correctly in this post so don’t call me stupid. If you think Ash won this by his own merit that’s fine but don’t quote my posts about my own opinion especially when I wasn’t even being arrogant or aggressive about it.

You are aware that tablet digital keyboards suck and those are typos, right? I try to fix what I see but it doesn't always work. You have no idea how pissed I am about touchscreen keyboards that don't register properly.

On top of that I wasn't calling you specifically stupid. I was calling those who think Pokemon are the only factors (to hell with trainers) in battle.

I was using your post to point out Iris only focused on the Pokemon and not the trainer and have been infuriated people don't realize Pokemon and trainer affect a battle not just either or .

Didn't you watch DP? Counter shield is a tactic he developed in DP.
Ash comes up with crap during his battles, he doesn’t plan anything unless he loses the first time.

Ash would not have been able to pull off that combo if Iris hadn’t reenergized Dragonite through their talk. It was exhausted and damaged beforehand so learning a powerful move like Draco Meteor wouldnt have been possible given its state. Iris was responsible for its second life which allowed the combo to be possible.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
You are aware that tablet digital keyboards suck and those are typos, right? I try to fix what I see but it doesn't always work. You have no idea how pissed I am about touchscreen keyboards that don't register properly.

On top of that I wasn't calling you specifically stupid. I was calling those who think Pokemon are the only factors (to hell with trainers) in battle.

I was using your post to point out Iris only focused on the Pokemon and not the trainer and have been infuriated people don't realize Pokemon and trainer affect a battle not just either or .
Ah, okay. I would like to point out that I don’t for certain think that Iris was the determining factor on if Ash won or not since there are too many variables. I do however think there is something to be said about her losing focus on the battle towards the end (focusing primarily on if Dragonite was having fun) and cheering Ash on to win the battle. I’ll keep my opinion to myself what I think to avoid the same 4 people quoting me but the writers taking the liberty to make Iris say those things definitely gave me a vibe. Ultimately it doesn’t matter if Iris screw herself over or not or just let Ash win because he did win and it was a fair battle.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash comes up with crap during his battles, he doesn’t plan anything unless he loses the first time.

So did you stop watching the anime at some point, Ash was on a role for most of Kalos and Alola.

You expect me to believe that Ash wanted a damaged Dragonite to learn a new move on the spot just so he could win? That’s pokemon abuse and it doesn’t sit right with me.

now your just grasping at reasons to hate Ash.

dman_dustin

YOU BETTER FORCE YOURSELF TO LEARN A NEW MOVE WHILE YOURE DAMAGED BECAUSE I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS PLAN

And this is why Ash will never be a Pokémon master.

So ignoring your extreme bias, the solution for Ash was supposed to give up, not put his faith in his Pokemon, admit that his Pokemon are weak and throw in the towel just so Iris can beat Ash?

Ash comes up with crap during his battles, he doesn’t plan anything unless he loses the first time
Ash come up with it during battle, that is correct, and he come up with it before Iris talk to Dragonite. He is ready to execute it before Iris interject.

And yes, Ash is bad at pre-battle planning (team selection, not move tutoring) but he is superb at mid-battle planning.

Example of this is also about switching Dragonite with Dracovish. A lot of people said type advantage do not matter in anime but this battle show that Ash understand it. Happynite is at disadvantage against Ice Beam while Dracovish can withstand it due to Water Typing and it also has Ice Fang to counter Angrynite. Ash fully expect Iris to command Dragon Dive and perfectly craft mid-battle plan by locking him with Fishious Rend and deliver blank-point Ice Fang for finishing blow.

Ash would not have been able to pull off that combo if Iris hadn’t reenergized Dragonite through their talk. It was exhausted and damaged beforehand so learning a powerful move like Draco Meteor wouldnt have been possible given its state
It is exhausted and damaged before hand. Ash talk help Dragonite to ignore the exhaustion and damage.

Iris also notice that Dragonite seems to not have fun in battle (ironically that should be applied to Angrynite too). This is what was corrected by Iris.

Iris do not replenish Dragonite from exhaustion or heal from damage. Dragonite is still exhausted and damaged but it has ignore it since Ash give some talk.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Why do people act like battle choreography doesn't matter? A battle can be well animated and tell a story at the same time - like Ash vs Paul, Ash vs Sawyer, Ash vs Clemont, Ash vs Alain and Ash vs Kukui. Why couldn't Ash vs Iris be on par with them?
While I wouldn't say this fight is on those tiers, it was still really well animated (and this is from someone who has been criticizing JN's animation a lot)

And this is why Ash will never be a Pokémon master.
This episode show why Ash is a champion level trainer.

He not only rely on mere fighting spirit and instinct like in his rookie days.

He also add the battle technique he developed in DP (whe missed this on SM).

He can tutor new move or combination to his pokemon.

He incorporate type advantage in his battle, even utilizing it for trap.