• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
When Flint was fighting vs Cynthia, the MC said that his infernape had already beated two other pokemon, however his infernape gave him a great battle, in fact Cynthia was somewhat worried
It didn’t say Infernape specifically took her other Pokémon out. The implication I got was that he managed to take three of her Pokémon out and then she sent out Garchomp and creamed all of them until he only had Infernape left.

Which is why on the grand scheme of things power scaling makes no sense after DP (possibly BW) because you have problems like this. If one were to assume that Iris is the most powerful trainer than Caitlin is under her however we’ve seen that Caitlin at the very least can keep up with Garchomp and didn’t lose immediately like Flint did. So by this logic Iris should be able to keep up with Cynthia or beat her but most likely keep up BUT after yesterday episode we just seen Ash defeat her with a newly caught Pokémon and a Pokémon he hasn’t trained that much and we know that Cynthia can easily take out Ash and Ash isn’t winning against her. So where does that leave Iris? It’s best to take Drayden’s comment with a grain of salt. I could change my mind later but I’m sticking to that.

Which is why we have to assume Iris has victories over the elite 4 along with Alder. I don’t see Drayden making such an unearned statement given his respected status.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
In SM, Misty and Brock promised him to visit Alola. They did.

In JN, Ash battled both Bea and Rinto again, didn't he?

It's only OS Ash that broke promises.
My memories kinda fuzzy , Isn’t korrina also said they will battle again ….. but she didn’t appear again until today

Both bea and rinto beat ash in their first appearance of course they will appear again , and after sirfetch I doubt rinto will appear again anyway

SM and JN is different saga , we talk about journey here , what purpose iris have to appear again when everything have been explained in cheap way ? Show her Goodra ? They can use COTD or even ash ? Show another. Dragon type Pokémon , we have many characters or even COTD to shown that ?

the luckiest we get if she appear again , maybe in master 8 or hyper class where cynthia destroyed her or maybe a flashback of ash remembered his battle before facing Leon

that why I kinda disappointed that we only got one episode for iris when they could at least make it 2 parter rather fillers goh catching fest , they like to shove everything down on one episode

I dont hate goh , I just disliked how they structure and write JN , great potential with miss opportunity-ending

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
In SM, Misty and Brock promised him to visit Alola. They did.

In JN, Ash battled both Bea and Rinto again, didn't he?

It's only OS Ash that broke promises.
If Misty and Brock both promised to go to Alola, that pretty much guaranteed they'd return.

Ash rarely ever lets trainers with big names disappear if he lost at first.

But anyone else who says "until we meet again" is kind of a very broad promise that can go completely unfulfilled.

RafaSceptile

If Misty and Brock both promised to go to Alola, that pretty much guaranteed they'd return.

Ash rarely ever lets trainers with big names disappear if he lost at first.

But anyone else who says "until we meet again" is kind of a very broad promise that can go completely unfulfilled.
Well Ash already reunited with Iris, so that's something I guess... (the title of the BW goodbye had the phrase)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
My memories kinda fuzzy , Isn’t korrina also said they will battle again ….. but she didn’t appear again until today
For some reason I thought she did but no actually she made no promise of appearing again just Saito saying she’d advance to Hyper Class. Rinto neither promised a reappearance.

Iris may comeback but not necessarily to battle Ash. It is possible she enter Master 8 before Ash and challenge Leon before Ash.

Iris only lose because she was caught off-guard by Dracovish. Her team is more ready for the PWC while Ash still need to develop Gengar, even Lucario has not participate in PWC since evolving, Dracovish still has weakness, and Sirfetch'd lack stab move.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Iris may comeback but not necessarily to battle Ash. It is possible she enter Master 8 before Ash and challenge Leon before Ash.

Iris only lose because she was caught off-guard by Dracovish. Her team is more ready for the PWC while Ash still need to develop Gengar, even Lucario has not participate in PWC since evolving, and Dracovish still has weakness.
Also off-guard by Ash's strategy with the Draco Meteor, it was too late for her to react

Iris only lose because she was caught off-guard by Dracovish. Her team is more ready for the PWC while Ash still need to develop Gengar, even Lucario has not participate in PWC since evolving, Dracovish still has weakness, and Sirfetch'd lack stab move.
Lucario has participated in PWC, in offscreen land

Morax

King of heroes
She'll be back for Ash vs Leon along with every other companion, for a generic "you can do it ash, we believe in you" power of friendship scenario.