• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Morax

King of heroes
Expect Drayden specifically said Iris challenger a bunch of strong trainers before becoming champion.
I know
I got flak the other day for saying Ash was the strongest in Alola. Wonder what he thinks of iris?

Don't all Champion challengers need to do all Grand Trials and beat the E4 before having a shot?
I did say it was Alola in SM anime:
Galar system is actually a mix between older generation games and SM anime.
They made trial captains from the game to compete in anime conference.
The strongest don't always compete therefore iris is not a champion

I remember having this conversation :)
Who said this?
Drayden literally said Iris is the champion.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
pffft....The strongest don't always compete therefore iris is not a champion

I remember having this conversation :)
I remember seeing this argument happen during Alola and didn't like it then. It annoyed me, too.

Champion isn't some vague goal like Pokemon Master. It's a title which exists within a set of rules. If you meet the criteria within the set of rules, you're champion. I don't care if the strongest didn't compete. If the strongest didn't compete, then they never existed within the rules. It's that simple.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
It's honestly weird to see people try and deny stuff that's been confirmed already. Yes, Iris is Champion. Yes, that means she's the strongest trainer in Unova, and one of the best trainers in the world. It was bound to happen eventually anyway, it's happened in the games, plus her goal in the anime was to become a really strong Dragon-type trainer.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
To make matter confusing they even introduced the so-called "Champions League" and made a big deal out of it in DP & BW (only to forget about it when Alain won the Lumiose Conference and went back to being an Assistant without challenging any Champions League, from this we can confirm that the Champions League has been non-cannoned and only existed to falsely hype up and bait fans.)
To be fair, Alain's case sounds more like he quit after all he's learned from the whole Flare thing.

Plus, he only took the league for a serious battle with Ash anyway, so he probably wouldn't be interested on going further.

Sham

The Guardian of War
People are saying that Haxorus was clearly going to lose once Dragonite learned Draco Meteor and landing it but if we are going by the game logic (which I’m assuming people are basing it off it’s power in the games) wouldn’t the same apply to Dragonite getting hit with Outrage? There is like a 10 point difference in power.

People are saying that Haxorus was clearly going to lose once Dragonite learned Draco Meteor and landing it but if we are going by the game logic (which I’m assuming people are basing it off it’s power in the games) wouldn’t the same apply to Dragonite getting hit with Outrage? There is like a 10 point difference in power.
By game logic, Dragonite should have fainted. Ash's Dragonite is OP, I don't know how many IV and EV is on its HP and Def, but definitely far far more than the game limit of 31 and 255.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

Sadly there are times when the anime can't make it's mind up on the portrayal of certain moves in terms of what a moves true power should be.

for example, Fire Spin despite being a weak move in the games, is apparently capable of restraining a freaking Hyper Beam in the anime, where as Heat Wave, one of the more powerful fire attacks was blocked by Icy Wind, one of the weakest ice type moves.

and in the case of Draco Meteor, it's always been portrayed as a devastating move ever since it was introduced, i mean look at how much destruction Ash's Gible was able to cause with the move in the sinnoh league with it, and that thing is still a first stage mon.

This is subtle development but notice how Iris’ Dragonite didn’t go apeshit after getting trapped in that Fish’s mouth. In the past it would’ve taken matters into its own hands and wrecked sh*t but now it’s fully listening to Iris and won’t do anything until it hear her instructions, and in this case it couldn’t. If it went with its own instincts, it would’ve used ice beam and frozen the fish from the inside.

This is subtle development but notice how Iris’ Dragonite didn’t go apeshit after getting trapped in that Fish’s mouth. In the past it would’ve taken matters into its own hands and wrecked sh*t but now it’s fully listening to Iris and won’t do anything until it hear her instructions, and in this case it couldn’t. If it went with its own instincts, it would’ve used ice beam and frozen the fish from the inside.
Ice Beam wouldn't have strengthened the ice fang?