• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
...So he's Brock, who has done all those things and more during his tenure
I know he's an older Brock, but the fact is Naruto's Jiraiya bears a really uncanny resemblance to this interpretation of Alder.

I mean, Brock was never thought as a pathetic guy whenever he pinned for girls and got injured. Alder, on the other hand, was seen as pathetic when he went through that by everyone who saw, especially Trip.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
no i am not, besides Alder's ace in the anime appears to be afro bull by default considering we never saw any of his other pokemon.

All i'm saying is that in my own opinion, It really feels like Iris' actions during this battle were caused by her love for dragon pokemon, if Ash had not used dragons against her then I believe things would've been different and she would've been more focused on winning, because I feel like Ash's dragons distracted her from going for the win.
Man, I was just joking. No need to go for the serious reply. I understood the point you were making. I just wanted to add a humourous remark.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m curious if Iris became a champion before Ash. Considering the clues given within this episode I’d say it happened before he became one.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So while the dub got a trashy title for this episode
Here's something positive that I found out about recently
As per IMDb
This episode along with the SM episode featuring Mallows mother are the highest rated Pokémon episodes ever, each with a 9/10 rating
Proud of this honestly, this was such a good episode <3

Morax

King of heroes
As per IMDb
This episode along with the SM episode featuring Mallows mother are the highest rated Pokémon episodes ever, each with a 9/10 rating
Are you talking about tv ratings or like MAL or something? I'm honestly surprised that the dawn episode didn't surpass this considering how hype it was.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
As per IMDb
So i got curious since i’ve never tried to look at IMDbs of anime let alone pokemon, and uhhh the rating already dropped and even then it only had 15 people rating it. Bit early to even say anything about it dontcha think?

Well i also looked at how the ratings were for the other episodes, and most of them rarely even have 100 people rating it. I always took online ‘ratings’ with a handful of salt anyways and never put much thought to them, but averages with so little data points sounds mostly pointless to me.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So i got curious since i’ve never tried to look at IMDbs of anime let alone pokemon, and uhhh the rating already dropped and even then it only had 15 people rating it. Bit early to even say anything about it dontcha think?

Well i also looked at how the ratings were for the other episodes, and most of them rarely even have 100 people rating it. I always took online ‘ratings’ with a handful of salt anyways and never put much thought to them, but averages with so little data points sounds mostly pointless to me.
When I posted it, it was still rated 9/10 and the highest rated episode tied with Mallow's episode. No idea how much users rated it but considering it was IMDb thought it was worth mentioning

I don't really care for online critics as much considering my favourite things are usually divisive, but since I liked this episode I wanted to mention it here

RafaSceptile

When I posted it, it was still rated 9/10 and the highest rated episode tied with Mallow's episode. No idea how much users rated it but considering it was IMDb thought it was worth mentioning

I don't really care for online critics as much considering my favourite things are usually divisive, but since I liked this episode I wanted to mention it here
You can check them by clicking in the episode and then in imdb rating. Anyways this episode already dropped to 3rd place, tied with SM021 (Stoutland) and SM139 (Ash's victory)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You can check them by clicking in the episode and then in imdb rating. Anyways this episode already dropped to 3rd place, tied with SM021 (Stoutland) and SM139 (Ash's victory)
It did get traction so ig those who didn't like it went to review bomb it lol
Oh well, it still is a good episode regardless and tbh isn't one I would consider the best of the series anyway, but still is one that I enjoy immensely

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It did get traction so ig those who didn't like it went to review bomb it lol
Oh well, it still is a good episode regardless and tbh isn't one I would consider the best of the series anyway, but still is one that I enjoy immensely
If by review bomb you mean literally by one review, since apparently it has only had 14 rating anyways before.

Honestly, making a big deal out of scores from so few people seems like a pretty pointless endeavor. You’d easily still get more data points just from the people who post in the episode threads of this forum alone lol. Which makes sense since Imdb was never a place with lots of traffic for anime in the first place. While i still don’t take it as some end all be all statistics, i’d still take MAL over IMDb for anime statistics.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If by review bomb you mean literally by one review, since apparently it has only had 14 rating anyways before.

Honestly, making a big deal out of scores from so few people seems like a pretty pointless endeavor. You’d easily still get more data points just from the people who post in the episode threads of this forum alone lol. Which makes sense since Imdb was never a place with lots of traffic for anime in the first place. While i still don’t take it as some end all be all statistics, i’d still take MAL over IMDb for anime statistics.
I really don't know much about how useful IMDb is for anime, I just know it's pretty popular in general for TV series and after learning this episode is the highest rated I was elated and shared this. Had no idea it had such less reviews which I agree, makes it less credible.
And by review bombing I mean even if one person did it it would bring down the score :p
At the end of the day it didn't really matter, but being sore about the dub title I wanted to share this coz this sounded cool

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I really don't know much about how useful IMDb is for anime, I just know it's pretty popular in general for TV series and after learning this episode is the highest rated I was elated and shared this. Had no idea it had such less reviews which I agree, makes it less credible.
And by review bombing I mean even if one person did it it would bring down the score :p
At the end of the day it didn't really matter, but being sore about the dub title I wanted to share this coz this sounded cool
For reference, why IMDb is usually cited for mainstream stuff is because those stuff usually get hundreds of thousand if not millions of people rating them. So the small amount of people rating anime stuff like this pretty much means nothing in the context of IMDb’s reputation .

Sham

The Guardian of War

If it the topic itself it’s pointless then why even comment in the first place? What exactly are you getting out of this by pointing it out?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
If it the topic itself it’s pointless then why even comment in the first place? What exactly are you getting out of this by pointing it out?
?

Discussing how an episode is viewed upon by people isn’t pointless, but the example @SerGoldenhandtheJust brought up was bad one given how little data points there was. So the particular data that was brought up was pretty pointless as statistic, and i pointed it out while suggesting MAL as an alternative to find anime related statistics rather than IMDb that is ill suited for it.

I’m taking part in a discussion by pointing out a flaw in what is being brought up, what else am i supposed to want out of it?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I am ready for this episode to come out next week in the dub and here Eileen voice Iris again since what has been the better half of seven years. She did an awesome job trading Aoi’s sweet and childlike voice to a snarky voice and bringing a new interpretation to Iris’s character. Both are great and I’m glad we get to hear her English voice soon.