• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I still kind of wish she wasn't champion

no offense @Sham I know you consider it vindication for her.

But to me, it felt like they took away her freedom as a character, as I ask this, did they really need to force her to be like her game counterpart? She even said that her true goal hasn't been obtained, she could've still been a dragon master without being a champion.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I still kind of wish she wasn't champion

no offense @Sham I know you consider it vindication for her.

But to me, it felt like they took away her freedom as a character, as I ask this, did they really need to force her to be like her game counterpart? She even said that her true goal hasn't been obtained, she could've still been a dragon master without being a champion.
Basically because I think they planned on doing this late BW.

Sham

The Guardian of War
which in turn makes me wonder if that's why she got Dragonite.
That was probably because the sequels of BW introduced Pokémon from other gens most likely. Although between GF purposely making a Pokegirl the Champion and how the writers wrote her after this announcement they probably already knew what they were gonna do.

Drayden theoretically would of been a better Champion or just keeping Alder but they weren’t.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Remembering the BW time how much backlash iris got when she get her dragonite , many people said she didn’t derserved it, and even some said its handed to her while in reality she need to work hard for it and still her dragonite is loser can’t believe how Angrynite didn’t get single win after he is on control , if I’m not wrong he literally didn’t get any win after he lost to krokodile

While people is okay when ash literally get Beast Dragonite which kinda hand it to him cause he help him learn move

Now how I wish iris never got that loser angrynite , should get hydreigon , drudigon or ampharos, and should be perfect with Snivy

Sham

The Guardian of War
Remembering the BW time how much backlash iris got when she get her dragonite , many people said she didn’t derserved it, and even some said its handed to her while in reality she need to work hard for it and still her dragonite is loser can’t believe how Angrynite didn’t get single win after he is on control , if I’m not wrong he literally didn’t get any win after he lost to krokodile

While people is okay when ash literally get Beast Dragonite which kinda hand it to him cause he help him learn move

Now how I wish iris never got that loser angrynite , should get hydreigon , drudigon or ampharos, and should be perfect with Snivy
Oh and it gets better. Darsna it appearntly not the "weakest Elite Four" and neither is Wallace or Steven as Champions. Like just say you're biased and go. Suddenly she's weaker than Paul because "he's always been on Ash's level" as if he's suddenly stronger than Iris and Wallace. Down bad. I agree though, she needs to release Dragonite.

Two Dragon Rushes, Outrage, Thunder Punch and Breaking Swipe.
I mean I can see the criticism for not explaining how Iris became champion more in depth but she’s no longer a main companion and therefor unfortunately no more important than Steven. I still also stand by the fact we aren’t owed and Alder explanation because like I said it seems like an issue not exclusive to him ala Wallace.
Anyway I'm glad I said this way earlier before that Serena episode aired which is just another display of bias.

Last edited:

Rikerran

This battle was fine and there's nothing wrong with Iris losing. She's not some unbeatable champion and Ash already beat her Dragonite with Krookodile back in BW. Also people complained how Mamoswine barely did damage to it back then and now 4x ice attacks work as they should.

We still saw Iris beat Dracovish with Haxorus and her Dragonite was stronger than Ash's, so they wrote it in a way to make Iris still have some wins along the way

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I agree though, she needs to release Dragonite.

Kind of ironic that it has yet to win an important battle on screen while actually obeying her. Then again it always tried to intimidate others and tried always tried to act tough, but the second something happened to unnerve it, it got beaten.

Both Krokorok and Dracovish managed to unnerve it before beating it, former by evolving, latter by sheer appearance.

Rikerran

I actually like that Haxorus got the honor of beating Dracovish, we got to see her baby Axew finally get a big win as a fully evolved pokemon. They also wrote the battle well where Ash's Dragonite did not beat hers (at this point Ash's Dragonite would be far weaker than Iris' and that held true), and instead had Ash's finish off Haxorus after.

I don't see how any Iris fan could be disappointed, they showed her strengths while still allowing Ash to win.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I actually like that Haxorus got the honor of beating Dracovish, we got to see her baby Axew finally get a big win as a fully evolved pokemon. They also wrote the battle well where Ash's Dragonite did not beat hers (at this point Ash's Dragonite would be far weaker than Iris' and that held true), and instead had Ash's finish off Haxorus after.

I don't see how any Iris fan could be disappointed, they showed her strengths while still allowing Ash to win.
Honestly, I don't get most of the complaints with this episode...but you know how it is. Even when there's nothing really wrong with an episode (which isn't all that often), we still manage to find a way.

Also, has it really been a year since this episode and Pokemon Masters made Iris my favorite Dragon-type Trainer? Man, time sure flies by.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
While this episode is why I really can’t take the PWC seriously, it was nice to get some development for Iris and the last great battle I’ve enjoyed in Journeys

Rikerran

While this episode is why I really can’t take the PWC seriously, it was nice to get some development for Iris and the last great battle I’ve enjoyed in Journeys
Besides Drasna, the rest of the PWC battles were mostly good or above average. Volkner and Marnie especially.