• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

DayQuil95

Alex Silver's video on Iris' Emolga made me rewatch some of BW's episodes, and man, do I feel good that Iris evolved so much. Axew becoming a champion-level ace on par with monsters on Masters 8 is so fricking satisfying to see. And speaking of Emolga would be nice to see her again, mainly when she's got a 100% battle record and was really competent through BW.

Alex Silver's video on Iris' Emolga made me rewatch some of BW's episodes, and man, do I feel good that Iris evolved so much. Axew becoming a champion-level ace on par with monsters on Masters 8 is so fricking satisfying to see. And speaking of Emolga would be nice to see her again, mainly when she's got a 100% battle record and was really competent through BW.
Professor Silver is a treasure

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I hope we see a comparison to this battle and the upcoming battle Ash will face with Iris.

I know there’ll be a serious difference. (Disclaimer: As long as Ash uses non Dragon Type Pokémon.) Same outcome, different energy.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I hope we see a comparison to this battle and the upcoming battle Ash will face with Iris.

I know there’ll be a serious difference. (Disclaimer: As long as Ash uses non Dragon Type Pokémon.) Same outcome, different energy.
I hope she does not battle him honestly. Not that it would say that she's weak since everybody is going down but she earned her way here and should have a win before leaving (at least until remakes I guess)

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
A lot of problems with the PWC ranking woudn't exist if they didn't reintroduce Iris with a battle against Ash straight away. That too against his newest pokemon. She could have been shown curbstomping some galar gym leader or E4 if you wanted to show how strong she is. Seems pretty dumb that Ash had more trouble against Bea when compared to the literal champion of Unova.

Plus, when she would battle Ash later down the line, they could have a good battle instead of whatever nonsense they were doing in this episode.

DayQuil95

Rewatched this episode, and damn, do all Iris battles just have spectacular animation? Just compare the Dragon Pulse Haxorus used against Dracovish and Garchomp to the Dragon Pulse Lance's Gyarados uses in the preview, the quality difference is astounding.

And it's also pretty funny how Haxorus fought against Ash's Dragonite and Cynthia's Garchomp, two female pseudo-legendaries that are owned by champions.

Rewatched this episode, and damn, do all Iris battles just have spectacular animation? Just compare the Dragon Pulse Haxorus used against Dracovish and Garchomp to the Dragon Pulse Lance's Gyarados uses in the preview, the quality difference is astounding.

And it's also pretty funny how Haxorus fought against Ash's Dragonite and Cynthia's Garchomp, two female pseudo-legendaries that are owned by champions.
Ash’s Dragonite is female?

DayQuil95

Ash’s Dragonite is female?
It's referred to as female in the Brazilian and Spanish dubs and IIRC the VAs of countries that lack neutral pronouns are usually given instruction on what the gender of said Pokemon would be like. And the youtube channel of Goh's VA over here, Renan Nest, said that she's female.

Sham

The Guardian of War
While not getting a win, this recent battle was way better than this battle. She battled very well and there is no question after the recent episode why's she is Unova's Champion. Haxorus turned into a monster and Iris cultivated her prodigy skills and even stepped up to Cynthia's Mega Garchomp. Excadrill who helped her become that prodigy did amazing also.
FTxS8xhaIAEBn0O

FVKy1fLWAAUkToX

FU4oHA7WIAA04QY

Manifesting the queen gets a win

Starswirl Pikachu

Action packed right from the get go! Multiple captures and a couple of reunions as well. Good to see that Iris has been training hard, I'm a little surprised that she became a champion already. It seems fast but it has actually been a while, maybe.

The dragon battle was heated and more involved than one might expect. Iris's connection shined through, granting encouragement to Ash's pokemon even though they where opponents at the time. Nice episode

Sham

The Guardian of War
This episode is forever cursed. After this episode Ash officially was allowed to curbstomp everyone and not receive a single lost. Ash’s team just started winning because he’s Ash and power scaling has been thrown out of the window.

Now he might be Leon and we are tired.

They should have made this like Lillie’s episode and excluded a battle

This episode is forever cursed. After this episode Ash officially was allowed to curbstomp everyone and not receive a single lost. Ash’s team just started winning because he’s Ash and power scaling has been thrown out of the window.

Now he might be Leon and we are tired.

They should have made this like Lillie’s episode and excluded a battle
Say what you want but I'll still say Iris should have won here, heck emolga could take that Dracovish down. Yes, i say it

The power levels here are meaningless and Dracovish at the time hadn't trained at all.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Say what you want but I'll still say Iris should have won here, heck emolga could take that Dracovish down. Yes, i say it

The power levels here are meaningless and Dracovish at the time hadn't trained at all.
Undisputed queen

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
So, Iris has become the reigning champion in Unova Region. Good for her. But, what happened to Alder and Virgil? I thought they were the Unova Champion and Unova League Champion respectively.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
League Officials: *shrug*
Really? I guess it could be the case. Is it possible that after Iris trained with Clair, she collects the Unova Gym Badges? Participate the Unova League? Battle Virgil there? Win the Unova League Conference? Battling Unova’s E4, then Alder and win it all?