• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Battle! Ash VS Iris!! (1154)

Sham

The Guardian of War
My goodness I remember a bunch of people here defending Uselessnite getting one shot by Dracovish after his first battle and the anime had to confirm he has Strong Jaw in the Steven match via Iris' mouth since she somehow knew this. At least they tried to somewhat explain this craziness but it's still dumb.

Last edited:

AJ97

Really? I guess it could be the case. Is it possible that after Iris trained with Clair, she collects the Unova Gym Badges? Participate the Unova League? Battle Virgil there? Win the Unova League Conference? Battling Unova’s E4, then Alder and win it all?
1) I believe gym leaders have a chance to Challenge the Elite four without having to collect all the badges/winning the regional League.
2) Considering the fact that Iris being Champion has to do with the Black and White 2 Games; Alder retired as a Champion and Iris took this opportunity to challenge and defeat the Elite four to be crowned Unova's new Regional Champion.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I can’t believe the queen had a Hydregion and kept using Uselessnite. It probably carried the whole team defeating Alder together with a Haxorus

Sham

The Guardian of War
Where are you getting this from? Her sixth Pokémon has not been confirmed.
It’s practically all but confirmed. Go on Bulbapedia I don’t feel like explaining this. Her whole aesthetic is based off it. Her hair is literally based on Hydregion’s wings

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
And yet we don't know for sure if Iris has a Hydreigon just because of her hair, even though she ironically stumbled upon several of them during Unova (and her Angrynite got to her because of a Hydreigon attacking it). Chances are Iris simply doesn't have one.

(I'm still confused as to why Kiawe's ace became Turtonator but he didn't have Alolan Marowak yet.)

Because she didn’t really need one at the time and it’s not like her game counterpart at the time even had one. Hydregion is just less palatable than Dragonite. Before you discuss Exacdrill, play on the word Dragon and Emolga had to go to somebody.

They’re not gonna have a “scary” looking Pokémon on the main cast nobody on the show had an “Evil” type before Ash in XY. Same reason why Misty didn’t own a Gyarados until after she left.

wellwellwells

It’s practically all but confirmed. Go on Bulbapedia I don’t feel like explaining this. Her whole aesthetic is based off it. Her hair is literally based on Hydregion’s wings
It’s really not. If anything, there is more evidence pointing to Goodra since we got that still with her, Gible and Barney.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It’s really not. If anything, there is more evidence pointing to Goodra since we got that still with her, Gible and Barney.
Which is why I said it’s my canon. A slight image of Goodra after saying she challenged many Dragon Types doesn’t mean anything to me. Your “evidence” doesn’t apply to me. If you have a different idea then that’s nice for you.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Slight tangent but before Ash won that bad fight, Iris commands two moves in between Draco Meteor and that’s Outrage and Dragon Pulse and ends up losing. In the Masters tournament she uses Outrage and countered Draco Meteor and then succeeded in destroying some of the Draco Meteor with splitting Dragon Pulse.

It’s not like Haxorus can easily move or dodge things so it’s smart finding ways to counter moves and “offense is the best defense” route. Ash’s win might’ve been BS but at least there is character consistency in Iris learning from her lost like a true Champ. Do I need to also say Ash’s win was BS again?

wellwellwells

Which is why I said it’s my canon. A slight image of Goodra after saying she challenged many Dragon Types doesn’t mean anything to me. Your “evidence” doesn’t apply to me. If you have a different idea then that’s nice for you.
This is a forum to discuss the anime and its actual canon. Nobody gives a **** about your made up canon, so please next time don’t post something like it is confirmed and either open up your own fanfic wiki for this **** or take it to the Speculations threads thank you.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I think it’s confirmed in Pokémon mezastar that iris own hydreigon since all the other master 8 team based on anime, the mezastar merch promo also shown Leon have Mr rime and Diantha have Hawlucha before it’s shown in anime

Sham

The Guardian of War
That means she has three pseudos. It’s based that she has a Hydregion because she’s the only Champion that doesn’t have her game team (for obvious reasons) but I’m glad Pokémon at least didn’t mess that up and have her what her hair is literally suppose to be. She should’ve used that instead of Useslesnite

wellwellwells

This is a forum meant to speculate bruh
They literally said it's 'their' canon
It's not like we don't have some signs for it, with that merch one being very damning
So we can speculate all we want what Iris's sixth mon is ,whether it's a goodra like the still implies in the episode, or they Hydreigon like merch implied, or both, or none
If they choose to go with Hydreigon, it shouldn't ruffle you so much
We can speculate but he posts as it is hard truth and gets snarky when people asked why lmao

SkyBlaze9125

That means she has three pseudos. It’s based that she has a Hydregion because she’s the only Champion that doesn’t have her game team (for obvious reasons) but I’m glad Pokémon at least didn’t mess that up and have her what her hair is literally suppose to be. She should’ve used that instead of Useslesnite
Or 5. If she finally get her game Pokémon, evolve Gible, and that zGoodra is her than she would have a Dragonite (confirmed) Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Goodra. but we’ll never see it because the anime will largely focus on her Haxorus (fine) and Dragonite if they decide to write her battle.

LucasMV

Anyways, it’s so sad she was robbed of showing her Hydregion but Lance used his on a Fairy Type while she was stuck with Uselnessnite. I hate it here
Hydreigon was also a bit of a weird choice for Lance. I don't think he has one in any game. Something like Aerodactyl would've made more sense, specially considering he was facing a Fairy type user and Hydreigon is x4 weak to them.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Hydreigon was also a bit of a weird choice for Lance. I don't think he has one in any game. Something like Aerodactyl would've made more sense, specially considering he was facing a Fairy type user and Hydreigon is x4 weak to them.
He has one in BW2 in the Champion section of the the World Tournament so they’re referencing that but yeah Lance was dumb

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
1) I believe gym leaders have a chance to Challenge the Elite four without having to collect all the badges/winning the regional League.
2) Considering the fact that Iris being Champion has to do with the Black and White 2 Games; Alder retired as a Champion and Iris took this opportunity to challenge and defeat the Elite four to be crowned Unova's new Regional Champion.
I guess it’s possible.