• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Claw or Outrage?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
the extra power that outrage provides comes in really handy to KO a couple of pokes that dragon claw would not.

xXShinyUmbreonXx

I prefer Outrage, the stab boost plus band/life orb is just tremendous at about 230 base, while dragon claw only has 156. On my mixed MoxieMence with LO, I run dragon claw(obviously), and it most definitely works, being able to ohko standard cloyster after being at +2, which isn't hard to do with moxie and DD, but wish I could run outrage for the sheer power, which is what I use Salamence for. However, after those moxie boosts get, going, salamence easily gets close to 1000 attack with relative ease. At those levels, not even a skarmory or ferrothorn is going to survive a LO'd stab dragon claw, even if I didn't run flamethrower.
OH wow did I just get off topic. Sorry for that. Anyways, outrage if I can, especially after the steel types are out of the way, dragon claw if I can't. I actually have a haxorus with outrage and a mence with dragon claw on my team. Depends what I need.

Zachmac

Outrage, unless your team has trouble dealing with steel types. Well, on bulky dragon dancers, I'd still use dragon claw.

Oh, and outrage is only good in singles. I wouldn't use it in doubles/triples, and especially not rotation.

waytothedawn

You know it honestly depends what you are running. If you are using a bulky d dancer or really a d dancer in general dragon claw is preferrrd on what it is available on. However generally outrage is better for the raw power. The confusion can be killer at times though. Usually I run outrage on a choice set such as scarf or band Haxorus

Rhys29

Encore
Any offensive set with an intent to hit hard with physical Dragon-type attacks should run Outrage. Considering most players would use Dragon Claw two or more turns in a row anyways, you don't miss out on much.

On a well designed team, rarely would a Steel-type be at 100% when the Dragon-type Pokemon in question begins its sweep. Since Outrage has a much, much higher chance of dealing out the KO's than Dragon Claw, it's pretty obvious which is more advantageous.​

Zachmac

It also depends on if you're going to try it late or early game. In the late game, steel types will often be weakened, and you will only have two or three to take out. Early though, you won't want a steel type to take advantage of it or for it to go out from confusion.

Dragon Claw if early game, Outrage if late game. Dragons are usually used late game anyway, so Outrage is usually better.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
For singles (and I guess Rotation), it depends on what you're willing to give up. Dragon Claw gives you that stability of reliant hits, as well as no drawbacks besides the fact that it's not as strong as Outrage. Outrage, on the other hand, provides you with that power to do as much damage as possible, at the cost that after 2-3 turns, you're done for. Or you waste your items on the Outrager.

For Doubles and Triples, same thing. Dragon Claw is reliable, as it has no drawbacks AND it hits a specified foe. Only cost is power. Outrage gives you that power, but at the cost of a possible confusion AND the fact that you don't get to choose your target.

In the end, it's what you want. Go big or go home? Or reliable, consistent damage with no drawbacks?

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I prefer Dragon Claw, personally. While it is weaker, it gives you the freedom to choose a different move if needed. If you're using a Choice Band/Scarf, Outrage should be used, as you're going to be locked into it anyway. In doubles and triples, being locked into a move is usually not a good thing (it can be), so Dragon Claw is the better move. At least in my opinion.

The same goes for Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor. If you don't have a Choice Specs, I would say to go with Dragon Pulse. Otherwise, you will likely need to switch when it might not be a good idea to do so.

Palkia98

i prefer either one. i switch between the two, i enjoy dragon claw+dragon gem, thta gives it nice power. but sometime sit just doesnt compare to the sheer power of outrage

zerofield

i miss miror
Outrage all the way, to be honest. Its just more useful than dragon claw, letting you net kos that you wouldn't otherwise. I only use dragon claw on bulky sets that hate getting locked. If you're really worried about steels coming in then run a trapper like magnezone. Ill probably run dragon claw on moxiemence when it gets released though, as it only gets rage from a tutor and I think moxie will be better as mence can usually net at least one ko when it comes in. Things that outrage ohkod will get 2hkod by dragon claw anyway. I'm hoping for outrage as a gray tutor move though.

Latias_

Passive voice
Yeah like everyone says Choices is good with Outrage.
It's also like choosing between Dragon Pulse and Draco Metor...I mean Draco Metor is good except poor Hydregion does not have a good boosting ability. Man I wish it learned Calm Mind...that would be awesome

What the hell the point of draco meteor is to hit hard not to boost your stats with calm mind only to lose it again.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
I go with outrage for most physical dragons but one of them gets dragon claw.

I usually put D-Claw on Dragonite so I can roost when needed.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I prefer Outrage, however my Giratina has DClaw, and I'm considering Dual Chop for Hax.

Soperman

The One and Only
Dual Chop.
But honestly, Dragon Claw, cuz I dont like the confusion of Outrage.
Then you have to have Lum Berry if you dont want to hit yourself, and thats a waste of a perfectly good item imo.
CB Outrage is a whole different matter that i wont go into here. or there. Or anywhere for that matter.

manaphy72

Outrage

Reason: Outrage may confuse the user but if you have a lum berry, your safe.
Also each time you use it, it gets faster.

EX. Haxorus uses swords dance about 3 times and uses outrage on any pokemon. Yea thats a sweep, I have done it before.

Zachmac

EX. Haxorus uses swords dance about 3 times and uses outrage on any pokemon. Yea thats a sweep, I have done it before.
Three SDs from 147 base attack? That's not a good example, with that many Dragon Claw would sweep just as well.

Outrage means on one or two DDs, so it doesn't need +6 attack.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Dragon Pulse versus Draco Meteor thread anyone?

Outrage

Reason: Outrage may confuse the user but if you have a lum berry, your safe.
Also each time you use it, it gets faster.

But you get locked into Outrage so the opponent may be able to use it to their advantage. And a Pokémon doesn't get faster after using Outrage...

Zachmac

Maybe on Haxorus, you could use both(or dual chop instead...) Haxorus is always looking for a filler anyway, and if you know that your enemy has a bulky steel conscious, just don't use outrage. When it's unconscious, outrage everything.

But you get locked into Outrage so the opponent may be able to use it to their advantage. And a Pokémon doesn't get faster after using Outrage...
But the only type that resist dragon is steel, so that doesn't matter much.

You can also DD before you outrage.
Dragon Pulse versus Draco Meteor thread anyone?
Oh, yeah, and after that, we can do a flamethrower vs. fire blast. Then a Giga Drain vs. Solar beam(sun). And then a thread with chansy vs blissy. Maybe a thread with Dark Pulse vs. Night Daze. If there is still room, maybe a Surf vs. Hydro pump. Oh, and X-scissor vs Megahorn....

....This place would be cluttered up.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Depends on what you want more. Damage output or adaptablity. From my personal expeirence the adaptability is usually worth it. This comes not just from pokemon but from Armored core, YU-GI-OH and MW2.