• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon mono-type

Gannondorf

Dragon Trainer
I've always wanted to make a dragon mono-type.

Aerodactyl@ life orb
pressure
252 atk/ 252 spe/4 hp
adamant/jolly
-earthquake
-stone edge
-stealth rock
-taunt

lead, uses taunt, sets up stealth, then uses eq/stone edge.

Kingdra@ Lum Berry
Swift swim
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spe
Adamant
~Dragon Dance
~Aqua Tail
~Outrage
~Rain Dance

Rain dance ups swift swim and aqua tail. Out for extra stab. Resistant to ice beam.

Gyrados@ Life Orb
Intimidate
252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 spe
Adamant
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone edge
~Earthquake

Eq for electric. Stone edge for powerful sweep dd for all of them. Resistant to ice beam

Latias@ leftovers
Levitate
252 hp/ 4 def/ 252 spe
Timid
~Wish
~Dragon Pulse
~Roar
~Reflect

My support. Roar gets rid of calm minders, dragon pulse gets a stab, protect can get rid of toxic sometimes and allows wish to work effectively. Wish can also be used to heal others

Salamance@ Life orb
Intimidate
132 atk/ 252 sp atk/ 120 spe
lonely
~Outrage
~Fire blast
~dragon dance
~earthquake

Standard mixmance. Out for stab, dragon d for eq and out, fire for ice types.

Garchomp@ life orb
sand veil
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spe
jolly
~Swords dance
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Sandstorm

Swords dance raises eq and out. sand raises spe.

I decided to use Garchomp instead. Altaria isn't the better option.

Last edited:

Towriss

Banned
Descriptions please.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Read the rules, gimmick teams break the rules, and you also need descriptions...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=341087

But that thread just said that Mono-type teams are the only gimmick teams allowed. But yeah, it does need descriptions.

Now, since the OP didn't say which tier this team is at, I'm just going to suggest Garchomp over altaria. ;444; JK!
Otherwise, there is nothing to suggest, really. No pokemon changes can be suggested, as those are all the non-uber dragon types. It's going to be crippled by status effects, half the team doesn't like stealth rocks, and did I mention ice-beam weak?

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Read the rules, gimmick teams break the rules, and you also need descriptions...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=341087

But that thread just said that Mono-type teams are the only gimmick teams allowed. But yeah, it does need descriptions.

Now, since the OP didn't say which tier this team is at, I'm just going to suggest Garchomp over altaria. ;444; JK!
Otherwise, there is nothing to suggest, really. No pokemon changes can be suggested, as those are all the non-uber dragon types. It's going to be crippled by status effects, half the team doesn't like stealth rocks, and did I mention ice-beam weak?

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
StallRein and Vappy completely tear through this team. You really need a support pokemon.

kabzy

Grass Trainer
would you consider having dragon pokemon that arent really dragon. For example gyarados, feraligatr, charizard or the really far away dragon dancing lapras. Ice would be able to destroy your team. IMO

captian

teach kingdra raindance in place of substitute, and aqua tail in place of water fall, raindance will make his ability usefull and will add to the bonus of them even if you dont switch out waterfall and he should be too fast for substitute to even be necessary instead of water fall doing 120 it would do 180 and instead of aqua tail being 135 it would be 200+ so id go with aqua tail

captian

about your kingdra

teach kingdra raindance in place of substitute, and aqua tail in place of water fall, raindance will make his ability usefull and will add to the bonus of them even if you dont switch out waterfall and he should be too fast for substitute to even be necessary instead of water fall doing 120 it would do 180 and instead of aqua tail being 135 it would be 200+ so id go with aqua tail

I like Pikachu

Very good;) Although since you never gave any discripsion of what tier you're playing, I'd recommend that you replace your Altaria for a Garchomp. For the moves, they're all good!:) For your natures, they're perfect also! For your EV's, they're pretty good although you DDmence should have these EV's: 232 Atk. /24SpA/ 232 Spd. For your Altaria, as I mentioned earlier, replace it with a Garchomp. And follow the standard Smogon set including the EV's, moves, and nature. Overall, this is the best monotype team I've ever seen!:D

Gannondorf

Dragon Trainer
thanks! Im going to enter a league if i get the chance, im on my dsi so ill get the changes up on the computer.

Gannondorf

Dragon Trainer
Garchomp@ Life orb
Sand Veil
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252spe
Jolly
~Swords Dance
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Stone edge/sandstorm

Swords dance for out , eq, and se. May use sandstorm for sand veil.

Kingdra@ Lum Berry
Swift swim
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spe
Adamant
~Dragon Dance
~Aqua Tail
~Outrage
~Rain Dance

Rain dance ups swift swim and aqua tail. Out for extra stab. Resistant to ice beam.

Aerodactyl@ life orb
252 atk/ 252 spe/4 hp
adamant/jolly
-earthquake
-stone edge
-stealth rock
-taunt

lead, uses taunt, sets up stealth, then uses eq/stone edge.

Gyrados@ Life Orb
Intimidate
252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 spe
Adamant
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone edge
~Earthquake

Eq for electric. Stone edge for powerful sweep dd for all of them. Resistant to ice beam

Latias@ leftovers
Levitate
252 hp/ 4 def/ 252 spe
Timid
~Wish
~Dragon Pulse
~Roar
~Reflect

My support. Roar gets rid of calm minders, dragon pulse gets a stab, protect can get rid of toxic sometimes and allows wish to work effectively. Wish can also be used to heal others

Salamance@ Life orb
Intimidate
lonely
~Outrage
~Fire blast
~dragon dance
~earthquake

Last edited:

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
Garchomp@ Life orb
Sand Veil
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252spe
Jolly
~Swords Dance
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Stone edge/sandstorm

Swords dance for out , eq, and se. May use sandstorm for sand veil.

Kingdra@ Lum Berry
Swift swim
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spe
Adamant
~Dragon Dance
~Aqua Tail
~Outrage
~Rain Dance

Charizard@ Life Orb
Blaze
144 hp/ 252 atk/ 112 spe
Adamant
~Flare Blitz
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
~Roost

Dragon Dance raises flare Blitz, earthquake and its speed. Then Roost heals its flare blitz damage. Resistant to ice beam

Gyrados@ Life Orb
Intimidate
252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 spe
Adamant
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone edge
~Earthquake

Latias@ leftovers
Levitate
252 hp/ 4 def/ 252 spe
Timid
~Wish
~Dragon Pulse
~Roar
~Reflect

Salamance@ Life orb
Intimidate
lonely
~Outrage
~Fire blast
~dragon dance
~earthquake

I don't want to sound mean, but it looks like you just took a bunch of Pokemon and threw them together on a team and hope that it would work. Then again, that's usually how a monotype works. Sometimes it can be pulled off, but your team has major weaknesses that, if exploited, will destroy your team.

I would first like to point out that Gachomp is ubers so unless you're planning to use this in ubers (which I am assuming you're not) then you need to find a replacement. Also, the pokes that you say are resistant to Ice moves take neutral damage, and just because it is neutral does not mean that it will not hurt your Poke.

Your team has a horrible weakness to Stealth Rock seeing as three take normal damage from Stealth Rock, two take x2, and one takes x4. Your team would benefit from either a Rapid Spinner or Taunt user. A bulky Gyarados does an excellent job at Taunting.

Your team also has a hard time dealing with status. I would suggest getting rid of Charizard since you are just getting redundant coverage with him and putting in a status absorber or Heal Beller. There are a few dragons that can use Heal Bell (Dragonite and Altaria), but you need Pokemon XD to get a Dragonite with Heal Bell.

Gannondorf

Dragon Trainer
take out char, and replace with aerodactyl@ life orb
252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 hp
adamant/jolly
-taunt
-stone edge
-earthquake
-ice fang

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
Do you think you could take the changes that you've made and edit your first post? Then could you put your Pokes in battle order and give them descriptions of their intended use. Then I might be able to give your team a thorough rating.