• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for NDS

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
I beat Equinox at level 20-22 its not hard if your equipped properly and have a few classes mastered already. :3 It really depends on the player imo.

R_N

And luck, honestly. If Equinox decides to act in a specific way, he can really mess up a party.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
And luck, honestly. If Equinox decides to act in a specific way, he can really mess up a party.

Meh the only luck factor is critical hits, Just plan your jobs so they don't rely heavily on buffs and use acceleratle twice (or more if he wastes a turn on disruptive wave) so he only gets one turn instead of two. Wizard ward will protect the magic user from most debuffs. And just make sure you have a designated healer. If you need to stock up on Yggdrasil Leaves at the tree. he only has 2500 or so hp yes its more then average but just make sure your well equipped. :3
But truth be told I've probably played this game more then everyone here combined (in the thread), so you could say I'm a "seasoned veteran" lol

R_N

Since you're so good, how about some suggested armor hierarchy for the post game?

I feel my dudes have been somewhat stagnant in that regard.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
Since you're so good, how about some suggested armor hierarchy for the post game?

I feel my dudes have been somewhat stagnant in that regard.
Well i'd be happy to. I guess the best question to start with is have you unlocked the mini-medal shop yet and gotten the Dragon Robe? This will help me know what you are capable of aquiring materials wise. (gold bar, Sainted Soma, Orichalcum, Technicolour Dreamcloth, Astral Plume, Agate of Evolution, etc.)
But for now I'll list a handful of useful armor pieces worth grabbing that aren't to tough to make assuming you have the materials. (none are ultimate mind you. Example: Apprentice gloves, Supernova Sword)
Shields-
Goddess Shield
Ethereal Shield (for mages)
Silver Shield (Easier to make for above average stats)
Helmets-
Erdricks Helmet
Spellward Circlet
Star Circlet
Phantom Mask
Mercury Bandana (cheap to make and effective)
Gloves-
Matador's Gloves
Ethereal Gloves (cheaper effective mage gear)
Monarch Mittens? (if you have the patience)
Heavy Gauntlets? (whatever the upgrade to light gauntlets is)
Armor-
Sizzling Hot Bikini Top (lit & fire proof)
Sacrosanct Armor (self healing)
Canoptric Armor (auto bounce)
Xenlon Robe (45 m.might :] )
Goddess Raiment (self heal and 40 m.mend)
Legs-
Transparent Tights (cheap to make and good resistances)
Impenitrable Leggings
Sorcerers Slacks upgrade (forgot name)
Sizzling Hot Bikini bottem (see top)
Footwear-
Safest Shoes
Pixie Boots
Siren Sandels
Accessories
Meteorite Bracer (helps very much against bosses)
Any of the 99+1 Gear (ie: critical Claim, Mage's Mark)

NOTE: This is just a list of useful armor but not the best. This is some of gear i used post-eg.

Last edited:

R_N

Ughhh Gold Bars, Sainted Somas, and Agate of Evolutions...
Those things are such a gigantic pain to make. I'm STILL trying to make a second Sainted Soma so I can make an Agate of Evolution so I can complete the Rusty Shield quest.

The problem I have with most of those equips are that the recipes require a lot of uncommon-to-rare alchemy items & equips. But I suppose having a goal in mind doesn't hurt...
Meanwhile I'm literally drowning in dragon scales & slimedrops.

If you give me a while, I could list out my alchemy items & my upper equipment

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
Ughhh Gold Bars, Sainted Somas, and Agate of Evolutions...
Those things are such a gigantic pain to make. I'm STILL trying to make a second Sainted Soma so I can make an Agate of Evolution so I can complete the Rusty Shield quest.

The problem I have with most of those equips are that the recipes require a lot of uncommon-to-rare alchemy items & equips. But I suppose having a goal in mind doesn't hurt...
Meanwhile I'm literally drowning in dragon scales & slimedrops.

If you give me a while, I could list out my alchemy items & my upper equipment
Meh Erdricks shield is good but I find the Goddess Shield does the job just fine. The one AoE thats provided (well more like the one crono crystal) is best used for the Goddess Raiment which isn't all that hard to make. If your to lazy to half-inch mats (materials) for the dreamcloths, skeins, plumes etc just do a lap around the world and get all the harvest points, put your ds on standby for about an 1hr and a halfish (charge it in the meantime but dont turn off cuz the gather points timer will reset to zero) then go do another lap, most of them should be fully respawned. And repeat that process for a day and you should have 30-40+ of all of the annoying mats like evencloth, flintstone, freshwater, brightstone etc. You can just do something and check back in 1.5 hr intervals. Its also a great way to get 10-20 mini-medals a day at the Northwest Swamp gather point (NW of the wightknights castle, i forgot the name). IMPORTANT NOTE: You can buy prayer rings, saints ashes, orichalcum, pixie boots and reset stones from the capn once you give him 80 medals, which if your patient can be done easily in about 4-5 days using the method said above.
As far as the dragon scales go, use 5 (with other stuff) and make the dragon dress and dragon top. When you reach 80 mini medals capn will give you the dragon robe. Combine the dress, top, and robe to get the amazing Xenlon Robe (i believe its stats are 42 def and 45 m.might). This is amazing for mages :]

And slimedrops, well I made 99 slime earrings for kicks with all mine lol

Last edited:

R_N

Hm. I guess I could give that a go. Maybe work in some grinding to pass the time...

I do have three members with Half-Inch, guess I could get my steal on.

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Is there anyone who plays this game in Oxford? Want to do some tag grottos, and expand the Quester's Rest, but only know one other person who plays the game...

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
If you go to the DQIX website they have a list of events worldwide as far as I know maybe give that a look?