• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
This is considered one of the greatest RPGs created. It's for the DS and it's number 9 in the series. So, if anyone needs help with this game I may be adding a guide here as well, but for now, lets discuss one of the greatest games in the Dragon Quest series!

To start it off, I often train in the Bowhole as there are liquid metal slimes there. (haven't gotten to the Tower of Nod yet where the metal king slimes are) And those sculpture vultures are very very annoying! They always run towards me. Does anyone else find this extremely aggrivating?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Slime hill is the best place to train in the game.

All my party members have mastered all the vocations skill trees. I've log atleast 600+hours into this game, I've not been playing recently though. I'd be cool if we could transfer our Characters to Dragon Quest 10 but that's not gonna happen.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Slime hill is the best place to train in the game.

All my party members have mastered all the vocations skill trees. I've log atleast 600+hours into this game, I've not been playing recently though. I'd be cool if we could transfer our Characters to Dragon Quest 10 but that's not gonna happen.

Is that the plateau above Angel Falls?

Oh and by the way, these are my characters at the moment:

Warrior level 59
Mage level 57
Martial Artist level 60
Ranger level 51

Can I beat Corvus with these guys?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
This is considered one of the greatest RPGs created.

Seriously? This game was my first forray into the DQ series, and I didn't find it amazing, just average. A few of my friends bought it as well, and they really disliked it.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Seriously? This game was my first forray into the DQ series, and I didn't find it amazing, just average. A few of my friends bought it as well, and they really disliked it.

Really? It's definetly one of the better DQ's in my opinion. Great multiplayer funtionality.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I definitely wouldn't call it the greatest RPG made lol. Not when Final Fantasy is still around.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
This is considered one of the greatest RPGs created. It's for the DS and it's number 9 in the series. So, if anyone needs help with this game I may be adding a guide here as well, but for now, lets discuss one of the greatest games in the Dragon Quest series!

To start it off, I often train in the Bowhole as there are liquid metal slimes there. (haven't gotten to the Tower of Nod yet where the metal king slimes are) And those sculpture vultures are very very annoying! They always run towards me. Does anyone else find this extremely aggrivating?

Sit in the corner with Holy Water active.

Wait until a Metal Slime spawns nearby.

???

Profit!

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Final fantasy is pretty good. And yes, Electivirus PROFIT!!!!! In exp. points.

I can't wait til I get to legacy bosses. You can give them your exp. earned from the battle with them so they're harder to beat during the next battle!

And the old one was locked because it was old so the mods said to make a new one.

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
Of all the Dragon Quest games I've played, this is no doubt the best.

I beat Corvus with a Paladin, Priest, Mage, and Martial Artist. Took a few tries, but I won in the end lol.

I ended up training outside that jail because I got tired of farming liquid metals. They were just too uncommon.

Oh, and did anyone else see the commercials? I love the one where the girl takes a warrior to the concert. XD

MonkeyX

Im stuck on the last boss, I can't beat it, the idiot always seems to go for my priest right away.

Anyway I agree this a pretty good RPG, but there are definatly better ones out there.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Awesome game, btw. A few outdated design choices (having to see a priest to save/see exp points until the next level-up) and the DS' somewhat shoddy 3D work didn't stop me from enjoying it. A big, expansive world, massive customization options, and tons of content pretty much made this the best Christmas present ever. Every DQ game I've played after hasn't even come close to getting me this hooked.

I want to like this game, I really do. But it's hard when if you want to change your job - and you will, who wants to play as a ****ing Minstrel? - you have to start at level 1. I didn't realise this at first and changed from a Minstrel to a Warrior... And got pwnd by a goddamn mook. XP

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Too bad Grottos were like 99% of the post game. Though it was fun seeing what you would get next.

Yeah, but at least they take awhile. Plus the completion of the wardrobe who the heck would want to do that it'd take FOREVER

I want to like this game, I really do. But it's hard when if you want to change your job - and you will, who wants to play as a ****ing Minstrel? - you have to start at level 1. I didn't realise this at first and changed from a Minstrel to a Warrior... And got pwnd by a goddamn mook. XP

Minstrels suck. Period. I changed mine to a warrior too. My current favorite team member, however, is my martial artist. Not only is he sexy, he is super super strong and his psych up ability works so well. If his tension goes to 100, he can do over 2,000 damage.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
I'm a minstrel but i'm proud. I got Fire and ice fource from armamentalist and just use egg on loads. It's fun and it was good enough to defeat Corvus

Chris

Old Coot
I played this for a while, but then just lost interest. Maybe it was because I wasn't playing with other people, I don't know.

TWEWY is a superior RPG.
Sure, if you're a hipster that loves JPop and Japanese fashion. TWEWY is a mess of an RPG. The entire Dragon Quest series, including its spin-offs, are all far superior to the rest of the crap SE is churning out these days.

Currently, my party's around the level 40-area. Mainly grinding for abilities, along with switching vocations here and there to up everyone's traits differently. Party consists of a Warrior, Martial Artist, Mage and Priest. I swapped vocations between my Mage and Priest to help build up their Magical Mending and Might, as well as helping them build up their abilities. My Mage uses wands as her weapon. My Priest uses staves as his weapon. My Martial Artist hasn't swapped vocations, but she's quick and strong enough on her own and uses claws as her weapons.

As for my main character, he's gotten to level 40 as a Warrior, level 17 as a Martial Artist, level 12 as a Thief, level 20 as a Minstrel, level 18 as a Gladiator and level 24 as a Paladin. He's been using only a sword, but since getting the Paladin vocation, I've been alternating with a spear. So far, his traits consist of:

Sword - Attack+10, Critical Hit Rate Up, Attack+20
Spear - Attack+10
Shield - Block Chance+2%, Block Chance+2%
Courage - Natural Strength+10, Natural Resilience+20
Focus - Natural Agility+10
Acquisitiveness - Natural Deftness+20, Natural Agility+20
Litheness - Spry in a Crisis
Guts - Natural Max. HP+10, Natural Strength+10
Virtue - Natural Resilience+10, Natural Magical Mending+30

Currently working on some side quests to learn some new skills, as well as new equipment. Gotta get some stuff to make a better spear, since I've got a dinky Celestial Spear.