• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Ok so I have this game and since this whole forum is based around Pokemon, a monster raising RPG- I wanted to start a discussion about Dragon Quest Monsters for the DS, which is another monster raising RPG. Discuss anything here about the game: Monster locations, Synthesis Combos, Tactics, etc... etc....

Right now Im currently raising monsters for synthesis- Great Drak, Drakularge, and a couple Grim Riders to make into Bone Barons... to ultimately breed 2 powerful Dark Dragons.

Anyways... hopefully this thread doesnt die because this is actually really a good game and there are alot of endless breeding and attack combos- AND its not just a clone of Pokemon!

wcgold

Current party:
Shiro (Diamagon)
Balrog (Fencing fox)
Kabuto (Beetleboy)

Somehow managed to synthesize a Great Dragon, which is ****ing awesome, and I'll start raising it as soon as I'm done grindan for the battle against Demon-at-arms.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Currently raising a buffalogre as well as a second dark slime night.

Im still looking for a prime training spot
(i havent been to the metal menagerie on madam rummies island yet)
ive found a decent one on celeste island in the south where the stairs lead up to the sun/moon temples. I just sit in the path of a respawning Hunter Mech- and he pops up with a metal slime or two every 10 or so battles. Any other good suggestions?

Also Great Dragons are a good start for an A ranker. Try to synth a Dark Slime night and you can combine the Great Dragon with it to get an S rank Black Dragon.

Last edited:

Razgriz

A good training spot is in the final dungeon(If are at that part). There's a certain spot in a floor where Metal Bubble Slimes and Metal King Slimes appear by using whistle. Lately I'm just raising my monsters so I can get them ready for Wi-Fi. My team is:

Razgriz (Alabast Dragon)
Blade (Diamagon Ace)
Blood (Black Dragon, my strongest)

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
A good training spot is in the final dungeon(If are at that part). There's a certain spot in a floor where Metal Bubble Slimes and Metal King Slimes appear by using whistle. Lately I'm just raising my monsters so I can get them ready for Wi-Fi. My team is:

Razgriz (Alabast Dragon)
Blade (Diamagon Ace)
Blood (Black Dragon, my strongest)

Thanks. yeah thats funny because your team is pretty much what i was planning my final team to be except the Diamagon Ace- as Im not sure how powerful he is exactly. Right now Im trying to get a Black Dragon that has Metal skills as well as healing and an Alabast Dragon that just has monstrous attack. Cant decide on a support monster tho.

And by last dungeon did you mean the one where you fight Dr. Snapped at the end? or the one where your incarni transforms into an adult?

Last edited:

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
I got it for Christmas! I think it's a little easy. As in, the monsters at times aren't very creative. Overall, though, I've liked it. I have a girl slime, that ugly chicken-once-a-dog, and this chain dog monster. I'm about to get into the second shrine, and I actually don't know how to get into it. I probably just overlooked a path or something.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to synthesizing more monsters, that is a lot of fun to me. Hopefully I'll get my wi-fi set up, though online, I'm sure I'd get my *** kicked.

Razgriz

Dr. Snapped. Diamagon Ace is pretty powerful if trained well and plus in my opinion, he has the coolest attack animation. My current team isn't exactly my final one though. I want to try and turn my Alabast Dragon into Dragonlord except that it takes quite a while to do that.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Dr. Snapped. Diamagon Ace is pretty powerful if trained well and plus in my opinion, he has the coolest attack animation. My current team isn't exactly my final one though. I want to try and turn my Alabast Dragon into Dragonlord except that it takes quite a while to do that.

yeah this is true.. i havent seen the Diamagon Ace yet but im considering getting it. Right now im trying to build a team that can decently compete on wifi which im assuming a few S/A classers could do the job, but then again theres always cheaters and im not exactly sure how the competitive environment is with DQM so who knows.

Razgriz

Decently compete? That would take ages since most of the teams on WiFi are hacked and with max stats. Of course there are legit teams but chances are, you'll still fight a hacked team sooner or later.

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
Ah, my team is....

Numb-(Alabast Dragon)
Chozon-(Nimzo)
Blubba-(King Bubble Slime)

Trying to get a Dracolord/Estark/MetalKing Slime currently.

My final team is....
Dracolord
Gem Slime
Mortamor

I may make another team if this one doesn't take TOO long.

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
Yeah, so right now I've got a...
Cluboon (Kumatora)
Hades Condor (Raawk)
Soulspawn (Harbin)

Also, should I have been able to beat Snap's last team? I beat the cyclops, but only because it did three hundred damage to itself.

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
Levels of your team pwease, yet by the looks of it, no.

The Incarni is awful until you can get Aces, so use Wulspade Ace instead of Clubbon. The rest of your team should be A-Rank or up. I suggest either getting the generic A-Rank monsters (Generic means Synthesis any monster family (Slime) and any A or above rank monster (Gigantes) to get the (Slimes) generic A Rank, which is King Bubble Slime.

Get a Healer, and a Phyiscal Hitter to replace Hades Condor and Soulspawn. A good Phyiscal hitter would be Great Dragon (Generic Dragon), Jamrius or if you feel like getting a S-Rank, try getting a Drakulard, Malroth, Mumboe-jumboh. They are not too difficult to get. A healer could be a A-Rank Slime or above, or something. You'll figure it out.

Razgriz

Ah, my team is....

Numb-(Alabast Dragon)
Chozon-(Nimzo)
Blubba-(King Bubble Slime)

Trying to get a Dracolord/Estark/MetalKing Slime currently.

My final team is....
Dracolord
Gem Slime
Mortamor

I may make another team if this one doesn't take TOO long.

If you need Metal King Slime quickly, then I'd suggest that you look for a scout named Orephelia. After you beat the game(which judging by your team, I'm guessing that you have), she ALWAYS has an MKS on her team. Also why Gem Slime? If it's going to be a healer then use Darkonium Slime. It's slightly easier to get and can do nicely with healing.

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
Eh, I knew that.

I just never bother too find her. And also, Gem Slimes have 10 more HP, or like 20 more. They both have max stats in everything else, or close to that. And I'd be proud to own a Gem Slime! Unless Darknouim Slime looks kickass.

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
Levels of your team pwease, yet by the looks of it, no.

The Incarni is awful until you can get Aces, so use Wulspade Ace instead of Clubbon. The rest of your team should be A-Rank or up. I suggest either getting the generic A-Rank monsters (Generic means Synthesis any monster family (Slime) and any A or above rank monster (Gigantes) to get the (Slimes) generic A Rank, which is King Bubble Slime.

Get a Healer, and a Phyiscal Hitter to replace Hades Condor and Soulspawn. A good Phyiscal hitter would be Great Dragon (Generic Dragon), Jamrius or if you feel like getting a S-Rank, try getting a Drakulard, Malroth, Mumboe-jumboh. They are not too difficult to get. A healer could be a A-Rank Slime or above, or something. You'll figure it out.
*cough*
Um...yeah, I'm definitely going to have to play this game again. There's obviously a level of complexity that I missed the first time around. Neat!

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I got Wildcard Black Dragon and oh shoot i forgot his name but he is a Rank X monster and is red and looks Demon Like begins with the letter M

What I don't like about the Wildcup is that I keep falling in the rankings. Now I think my new team can help me go back up

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I got Wildcard Black Dragon and oh shoot i forgot his name but he is a Rank X monster and is red and looks Demon Like begins with the letter M

What I don't like about the Wildcup is that I keep falling in the rankings. Now I think my new team can help me go back up

ahah yeah well i havent even managed to get a rank X yet.... my team is Black Dragon, Alabast Dragon, and since i didnt know you cant use two of the same monster in the wildcard cup i added Diamagon Ace. which my whole team was wiped out on the first turn- so i think im back to the drawing board on this one, even though that was just my first attempt.

does anyone know what level a rank S monster maxes out at?

Derald Snyder

I'm sure the level cap has to do with how many times you've synthesized a monster. I know that a non-synthed monster caps at level 50. Not that I've actually hit that level with any monsters...

Status
Not open for further replies.