• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragon Selection Revealed

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Why isn't the dragon energy coming with it and why don't any of them require the dragon energy is what I'm wondering.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I don't really play TCG, although I listen to a Pokemon podcast that talks a lot about the TCG, so I'm not entirely sure, but wouldn't the diversity of needed Energies make using them in a deck difficult, mainly because of the energy that you were required to pull?

Say, Dragonite need both Grass and Electric energy to be able to utilize both of its attacks. Say, you wanted to use it in an Electric deck, you'd have to carry a substantial amount of Grass Energy JUST for Dragonite. So, how effective exactly would these dragon type cards be?

jmora8888

Engraved Sin
I think the reason they haven't added dragon energies is to prevent people from make all dragon deck. However, this is just a theory.

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
Those Dratinis are sexy.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I'm only liking Dragonite and Salamence. Everything else is okay and doesn't stand out that much. The First Ticket is an interesting concept but it's not worthwhile.

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
I like most of them. I am a dragon fan. But they missed some awesome pokemon like Flygon and whatnot.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Yeah, they missed Kingdra! They also missed Flygon! And Garchomp (an okay Dragon, but still pretty good)!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yeah, they missed Kingdra! They also missed Flygon! And Garchomp (an okay Dragon, but still pretty good)!
Ubers are not "okay", they're too good. Otherwise, yes, I miss the lack of other dragon types.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
No, I meant "okay" as in how cool it looks, and how it could've been placed in the set wise.

AmericanDreamer

This is rediculous! They only work in a duel element deck, only one dragon line can be used per deck, and only if you happen to be using the specific two energy types that the dragons demand. What about people like me who hate using duel energy decks? Why couldn't they just make a dragon energy and allow a person to utilize them like normal? Or heck, if they wanted to allow these to be utilized in alternate type decks then just make them all take colorless energy. Either way would be better then this.

Dragons are awesome, but these are just a pain to use.

GilligBoi

Why isn't the dragon energy coming with it and why don't any of them require the dragon energy is what I'm wondering.

This.

I don't think the look all that cool but I do like that dragons are finally getting to be a part of the TGC. I think that as the number of pokemon increases that more types will be added in the future (Bug, poison, rock, ice)

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
Dragon types not using dragon energy?
The only reason I wanted a separate type for dragons was so they don't have to use 3 types of energy to attack. That's so annoying.
Also, are they ALL going to be that shiny?

Last edited: