• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragonball Evolution

Wasn't that sequel announced a few days ago? Not that I disagree, but I have heard from a few reliable sources that they're planning something involving Raditz...

Time to check on Daizen.

Chris

Old Coot
They announced a sequel long before the movie even debuted in Japan. They were bragging about making the movie into a series of films.

I see, and from my browse throughout Daizex.com, seems like that sequel ain't coming any time soon. Hopefully, this will continue until the explosion of the Earth, preferably for another quadrillion years afterwards.

TheSwedishElf

The sequel is unfortunately being filmed as we speak, thanks to the nearly $40 million they raked in from ticket sales in China and Japan before the American release.

Goddamn son of a gun.

Chris

Old Coot
Instead of boycotting Left 4 Dead 2, this is what people should be targetting.

Chris

Old Coot
Instead of boycotting Left 4 Dead 2, this is what people should be targeting.

TheSwedishElf

Hey, on the bright side, it's pretty much guaranteed that Legend of Chun-Li won't have a sequel, nor will Tekken or KOF once they're released.

Zazie

So 1991
Hey, on the bright side, it's pretty much guaranteed that Legend of Chun-Li won't have a sequel, nor will Tekken or KOF once they're released.

How do you know, the movies haven't been released yet the fact that Dragonball is getting a sequel should be reason enough not to assume. Of course KOF probably will suck, and I don't know enough about Tekken to tell. I don't get what the sudden facination with making fighting game movies is all about though. If they must make a fighting game movie it should be Fatal Fury, it's plot is simple enough they don't have an excuse to mess it up.

TheSwedishElf

How do you know, the movies haven't been released yet the fact that Dragonball is getting a sequel should be reason enough not to assume.

Tekken's gonna fail hard, that goes without saying. Virtually no one in it is well-known, the director is pretty close to the bottom of the barrel, the original story and spirit of the series have been destroyed by a production team and cast who don't even know anything about the games nor do they care about it, and think of it this way--if Legend of Chun-Li, with it's better-known actors and legendary characters only went on to gross $9 million domestically, what hope does Tekken have with its less-than-legendary characters and its poorly-selected cast of barely-known martial artists, random hookers and stuntguys in bad cosplay? It also doesn't help that Tekken's being released during the same week as the American home console release of Tekken 6. Hm... Waste two hours of my life on a weird, crappy, overly-violent, horribly-written, abysmally-cast low-budget martial arts film pretending to be Tekken, or buy the newest Tekken game and enjoy months of fun... Tough decision.

And KoF? Yeah, that's gonna fail just as hard, if not harder. It's like they're trying to piss us off with that one.

DB Evolution is only getting a sequel because it just barely made enough money to cover its budget. It only grossed about $4.65 million during its opening week, and made well under $10 million altogether domestically {Why do you think it's already being put out on DVD?}, but in China and Japan it somehow raked in over $30 million worth of suckers.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
DB Evolution is only getting a sequel because it just barely made enough money to cover its budget. It only grossed about $4.65 million during its opening week, and made well under $10 million altogether domestically {Why do you think it's already being put out on DVD?}, but in China and Japan it somehow raked in over $30 million worth of suckers.
I really don't see how they consider a sequel to be financially viable; you put out movies to make good profits, not to break even.

They're just trying new and quite underfoot attempts to cash in more from the boom to be expected from Dragonball Kai's release, I guess. DB didn't sell over 100 million copies for no reason, after all. That's the reason that Kai and the Kanzenban reissues (as well as those new tankoban with the new spine illustration, if that counts) were released to begin with, anyhow.

Edit: (This by no means is to show any remote gestures of approval for this, I stress)

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
But if the general reception is that the first is genuinely god-awful, and that any potential hype is ruined by the idea that they'll continue their basterdization in a sequel, then I'm not quite seeing why this is business savvy.

I would think Fox would just want to push properties that will actually bring in the type of profits they want, rather than what this gave them.

Well, yeah, but as illogical as it may be to continue their violations of an already repetitive series which has basically been on CPR for the past 13 years since Z's end (and quite miserably), that still won't change the fact that Fox is still funding to continue pursuing those fleeting desires for illegitimately acquiring every bit of cash they can get...

I'm in your shoes and can see damn well where you're coming from, but this is looking no different than when 4Kids had the rights to One Piece for a good 4 years, here...

*Sigh*

Chris

Old Coot
I really don't see how they consider a sequel to be financially viable; you put out movies to make good profits, not to break even.

But if the general reception is that the first is genuinely god-awful, and that any potential hype is ruined by the idea that they'll continue their basterdization in a sequel, then I'm not quite seeing why this is business savvy.

I would think Fox would just want to push properties that will actually bring in the type of profits they want, rather than what this gave them.
I think Fox is trying to follow in MTV's footsteps on how to release sequels nobody asked for.

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
If it was an original idea it probably be alright but what it has to be compared to it doesnt stand a chance of ever being liked, still not a great moive from whatever angle you look at it from.

Chris

Old Coot
Even as an original idea, the movie's still poor. The acting is cheesy; the bad kind, the pacing of the film is far too quick, there's little to no explanation for anything that occurs or anyone within the film...it's just not a likable film.

Lucille

I heard that DB evolution is signed on for three sequels.
They ruined Oozaru, next is Kaioken followed by Super Saiyan.

And 400 bucks say they'll get the "Ascended Sayan lololol" stages and the real deal Super Saiyan 2 confused, if they got to that point. I dare to even imagine what their version of SS3 would even look like; chances are it'd have mullet hair growing out of the tails they conveniently excluded from their "Goku" when it's a huge plot device in and out of the Saiyan arc itself.

So, how exactly would they identify Raditz, again? Give him some blonde hair dye and have him predict that Goku'd reach the same hair length in 20 years?

CrossTheRoad

Incoming 8th Grader
Well, this isn't preferably anime.
But yeah, I haven't seen it yet (I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD)
I really don't like the look of this move, but alot of people are criticizing this movie
just because Goku isn't asian. Seriously, Fox did the best they could so quit being
so picky.