• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragonball Evolution

Lucille

Well, this isn't preferably anime.
But yeah, I haven't seen it yet (I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD)
I really don't like the look of this move, but alot of people are criticizing this movie
just because Goku isn't asian. Seriously, Fox did the best they could so quit being
so picky.

If you mean Fox did their best to ruin the Piccolo arc of Dragonball, then yeah Fox did their best.

JFate

Travelling Trainer
Sequel?! They actually earned enough to make one...?! Didn't say they cancelled any plans on doing one since the returns are not even half of what they've spent?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I heard rumours that they were remaking Dragonball Evolution rather than a sequel.

Also, CrossTheRoad, people aren't complaining because Goku isn't Asian - they're complaining because the movie sucks more than a prostitute who is just a head.

Rys

Postcount melting!
Why would they remake it so soon? And the film wasn't that bad, it's just that you were all wanting Goku to be a 12 year old kid that flies around on a cloud and laughs at crap that isn't funny.

The only time that Goku's ever "laughed at crap" as a twelve-year old would be when Kuririn was bitten my a transforming vampire bat after the Red Ribbon arc, which while I still consider to probably rank along the likes of the Buu arc and Movie 4 in being a turgid piece of crap, I can still credit with confidence that it outranks this humongous pile of **** attempt at a quick cash-in. The orginal Piccolo Daimao arc was sudden, overly straightforward, and down-to-earth basic as hell, but if anything, this adaptation takes those vapid shortcomings in art and story and magnifies it 40-fold into a malignant pile of steaming horse crap that needs to die and be locked into a shredding dispenser box somewhere in an abyssal void, wiped from people's recollection, never to be even thought of again.

Seriously.

Edit:
Sequel?! They actually earned enough to make one...?! Didn't say they cancelled any plans on doing one since the returns are not even half of what they've spent?

Worldwide, yes, definitely (which is exactly what they should've expected to gross with such a disgusting excuse of an adaptation), but in Asia (specifically, the Chinamoronics and Jappies), seems not, evidently...

Someone kill me.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
From what I gathered, it was the other Asian countries that contributed to the pile mostly. Seeing as how China's insanely huge. Japan mostly mocked the movie and it quickly dropped from theaters there.

ForeverFlame

Remake? FOX needs to go bankrupt. Soon. Preferrably before they decide to take another Anime and screw it over. Though I wouldn't say no to a live action Yu-Gi-Oh movie.

Chris

Old Coot
What do you call Dragon Ball Evolution, then?

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
Fake Goku and co.

I didn't know to freak out, cry or laugh when I first saw Piccolo.

TheSwedishElf

Roshi's lines were at least unintentionally hilarious, so that's the single good thing about the movie, I suppose.

"Villain, prepare for your clock is to be cleaned!" XD